BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed

BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed

Saturday, May 1st, 2010 10:55am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 38,265

Our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store has just listed a preorder for the German transforming robot toy line Robobuz. Similar although unrelated to Transformers, Robobuz is comprised of 1:64 scale transforming buses. To check out the preorder for their leader, Bendway, click here.

Credit(s): Big Bad Toy Store

Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069816)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 1st, 2010 @ 11:15am CDT
The first bus TF! :lol: :APPLAUSE:
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069833)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 1st, 2010 @ 12:08pm CDT
Awesome! I'm grabbing three of this thing! One to put with the other transformers, one to probably keep in a box and forget about, and the other to send to a guy who can make it look like something from Mad Max. :KREMZEEK:
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069837)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 1st, 2010 @ 12:17pm CDT
It's been a looong time since I have come across a tranforming toy of any kind and actually thought to myself "I NEED this!" rather than just simply wanting it. This is one I NEED to get. That is so cool. About time someone made a Transforming bus and I'm glad to see that they didn't cop out and go with a standard bus but instead went straight to an articulated one.
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069847)
Posted by rpetras on May 1st, 2010 @ 1:14pm CDT
COOL!!!

I've always wanted a bus TF!

I don't know why, I just always thought it was a vehicle they were sorely missing.

I've got one on preorder now. Thanks for the tip.
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069852)
Posted by Mkall on May 1st, 2010 @ 1:30pm CDT
I've wanted a Bus transformer FOREVER!

It's a shame that Hasbro couldn't provide. Oh well, I'll slap a sticker on him and display him with the rest.
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069860)
Posted by VYPER ALPHA on May 1st, 2010 @ 2:04pm CDT
he looks cool enough. I really want to see actual images not just CGI stuff.
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069861)
Posted by mechabooks on May 1st, 2010 @ 2:10pm CDT
Didn't take me long to put a preorder on this!
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069862)
Posted by Torneira on May 1st, 2010 @ 2:25pm CDT
Hey guys, this is the link on youtube to see him transform from bus to robot, posted by the developer himself:

Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069864)
Posted by Rated X on May 1st, 2010 @ 2:30pm CDT
Wow a bus !!! Talk about exciting !!! Can we get a UPS truck too ??? :grin:
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069865)
Posted by Zeds on May 1st, 2010 @ 2:30pm CDT
OMG I love buses and trains so this is a DONE DONE DONE DEAL! SWEET! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069870)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on May 1st, 2010 @ 2:55pm CDT
Never before used alt mode? I'm down, but not entirely sold until I see some actual toy pics.

Pretty darn excited, though. Plus, the sword and head sculpt are somewhat reminiscent of Drift.
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069871)
Posted by ligiermirage on May 1st, 2010 @ 2:58pm CDT
It's pretty cool, but what exactly does it have to do with transformers? :CON:
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069879)
Posted by Mechas8n on May 1st, 2010 @ 3:45pm CDT
If they do one of these that's a double decker I'm having it.
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069890)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on May 1st, 2010 @ 4:11pm CDT
Okay, now please remold it to look like the one from Jurassic Park II, and give us a few modified Mercedes-Benz SUVs to go with it.
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069892)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 1st, 2010 @ 4:16pm CDT
Yeah, I can see Hasbro making a new character from this. Bus-tron? Naw, that ain't gonna work. Can anyone think of a good name?
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069904)
Posted by Mkall on May 1st, 2010 @ 4:56pm CDT
ligiermirage wrote:It's pretty cool, but what exactly does it have to do with transformers? :CON:

Aside from the fact that the guy who designed this also designed the Nike Shoe figures, nothing.

But a site sponsor wanted up to post it, so we did.
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069905)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 1st, 2010 @ 5:04pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

But a site sponsor wanted up to post it, so we did.

It's also a transforming bus/robot. I think a lot of people on this site like robots that transform into things, whether they are officially Transformers, or just transforming figures.

I love the idea of a transforming bus. I always wanted a story about a group of autobots that got the short end of the stick when it came to alt modes. A bus was always one I would have put in it. A golf cart would also be a good one for that story. Oh yeah.. a refrigerator too :grin:
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069924)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 1st, 2010 @ 8:06pm CDT
how is a transforming bus cool?
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069926)
Posted by Short Circuit on May 1st, 2010 @ 8:36pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Holy crap... The Nazis have finally done it... they've finally made their own Transformers that will exterminate every Jew/gypsy/disabled person in sight!!! But yeah, I can see Hasbro making a new character from this. Bus-tron? Naw, that ain't gonna work. Can anyone think of a good name?

Here's a few I've got with my friend's comments. (F)

One-Way (F: What? Me: Ya know like one way trip?)
Buster (F: LOL)
Broadside (F: Pretty appropriate)
Joint (F: Oh I see wat u did thare! Me: Ah crap.)

Wait, Doesn't the box say Bend-way? (F: Great, thanks for wasting my time)
Re: BBTS News: Robobuz Preorder Listed (1069931)
Posted by Flashwave on May 1st, 2010 @ 8:57pm CDT
Interseting, if it were an in-store thing, then a definate yes, my first thought was Alternators Ultra Magnus. A little blocky, but then so was UM.

Yes, I know there's an MP Maggy, (did the trailer armor project ever go anywhere?) but the ALt Prime ain't a semi, so there.

Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-37 Ravage & Bullhorn" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY