BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0

Transformers News: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0

Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 5:24PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 34,603

Seibertronian o.supreme has let us know that Big Bad Toy Store has changed its pre-orders regarding the upcoming Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 figures. The figures, which were originally only going to be sold individually, are now being sold in the 2-packs they are being shipped in. This means that anyone who pre-ordered only a single figure or a few individuals but not the whole group should check their Big Bad Toy Store orders. Big Bad Toy Store will not be splitting the pairs up, so if you only ordered one of the figures from the pair, you are being upgraded to the dual pre-order, which has a price of $169.99.

If this changes your mind as to whether or not you will pre-order, we suggest you go examine your Big Bad Toy Store pre-orders. The figures will be processing next Monday, April 17, and you can only decide whether or not you will keep your pre-orders until that date. We have mirrored o.supreme's email below for you to read.

Hello,

We have received our shipment for the first two figures in the Transformers Subscription 5.0 series (Fractyl with Scorponok and Lifeline with Quickslinger), and found that instead of being packaged separately as originally solicited, they are packaged together as a set. Due to this change, we have created a new listing for the combined set and moved your preorder(s) to this new listing at the new combined price of $169.99 per set. For your convenience, a direct link to the new listing has been included below:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Our website listing is now up to date and current with the most accurate information and photos available. If this item no longer meets your expectations and you would prefer to cancel your preorder instead, we do understand. To cancel a preorder, simply sign in to your BBTS account and click the blue 'View Preorders' button. From here, reduce the quantity to zero on the preorder you wish to cancel; select 'Update' and it will be removed from your account.

We will be processing preorders for the HAS25382 Transformers Subscription Figure 5.0 - Fractyl with Scorponok & Lifeline with Quickslinger on Monday April 17th, so please make any necessary changes before this date.

We hope that you will enjoy this product when it arrives, and thanks again for preordering from BigBadToyStore!

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care
888-980-2287
service@bigbadtoystore.com
www.bigbadtoystore.com
Credit(s): Big Bad Toy Store
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1873847)
Posted by kurthy on April 11th, 2017 @ 7:53pm CDT
I'm guessing bbts is livid. They don't know which pairs to put together for the remaining figures.
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1873926)
Posted by mazingaspidey on April 12th, 2017 @ 7:26am CDT
I imagine this is going to be a bigger problem for the double pretenders. They were the hot ticket item with wreckage being a neat addon, especially if you had the other subscription. This will be especially bad if they aren't packaged together. Im glad that I got the subscription and sold off the toys that I didn't want, going a la carte through bbts was pricey to begun with, now any profit margins on potentially unwanted toys are going to be limited at best.
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1873941)
Posted by Flashwave on April 12th, 2017 @ 8:26am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
RNSrobot wrote:Imo how would bbts have known about the combined packaging? Funpub was less than clear other than stating "we will double ship." I doubt fp gave any more info that etailers than fans. They probably learned of the shenanigans when the toys first arrived as well.

while the identity of which figures would be shipped when, was kept under wraps, the knowledge that 7 figures would be sent in 3 different shipments has been known for a few months now if you search back on this thread, BBTS would have known about this as well. They should have taken down their pre-order listing altogether if they were concerned about "uneven" quantities.

Bottom Line--Instead of paying $80 for Fractyl, they want me to pay $170 for Fractyl & Lifeline, a figure I have no interest in, and I'm sure isn't going for $$90 by itself on eBay. Looks like I can get a better deal on a solo Fracyl anyone, so perhaps this is all for the best, also I've submitted the e-mail to Seibertron news.

BBTS wrote:Hello,

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care
888-980-2287
service@bigbadtoystore.com

Thank you for Sharing.

I dont get why BBTS is only just responding to this though? We knew this was coming when TFCC said "We will be sending three installments instead of six." thinking they were gonna be putting out two individual boxes simultaneously and paying twice for shipping just doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Am I the only one who understood that?

Besides that, TFCC was never into this for BBTS. They are not an importer, they are the primary seller. For lack of a better word, these figures are exclusives, no different than BBTS buying and selling Botcon sets, that rhey get from FunPub. This is not Hasbro selling to wholesale and resale markets, this is Funpub selling to their market and BBTS had to get in line eith the rest of us. Moreover, I and others posted unpacking photos a month ago or more. Why is BBTS only now figuring this out? They should have gotten their stock already when we did (give or take time to sort stock and package orders) seen a photo online, something. Were they expecting some kind of different treatment from Fun Pub being store? Why is this only just NOW becoming a thing?

I sympathize with your only wanting a few figures, I have a few wants from 3.0 I could never touch. Bit I also get BBTS not wanting to decide which figure ships loose and who gets the Box.

s to the Pretenders, I will probably end up Ebaying mine. I only wanted the minicons anyway, but if that's what everyone is after, then I will forgo on them and send the box with whichever one comes next
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1873953)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 12th, 2017 @ 9:03am CDT
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1873955)
Posted by mazingaspidey on April 12th, 2017 @ 9:12am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

[quote="BBTS"]Hello,

I did sell Lifeline for $110 shipped on ebay.
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1873956)
Posted by Flashwave on April 12th, 2017 @ 9:14am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:I think part of this is that BBTS having to supply new packing and box for figures (instead of FunPub supplying all the boxes) — plus time to repackage — all costs money. I'm guessing this may be the sole reason for the change. They might not be able to make any profit without changing the plan. >:oP

I am sure thats it. I am more still stuck on why this is news to BBTS. They been in hand for a while, even leaving aside FP's consistant, if irregular emails.
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1875358)
Posted by mazingaspidey on April 18th, 2017 @ 9:41pm CDT
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1875700)
Posted by Zeedust on April 19th, 2017 @ 11:35pm CDT
mazingaspidey wrote:So do we have any word on when the second shipment of toys is being mailed out? I was billed for the second installment weeks ago.

If they ever say, it's news to me. As far as I know, we don't find out until someone gets theirs.

I'd kinda like to know too, though, I'm irrationally excited about the Double Pretenders and the waiting is starting to drive me crazy.
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1875735)
Posted by Kurona on April 20th, 2017 @ 6:12am CDT
Well, it's apparently shipped now.

Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1875750)
Posted by durroth on April 20th, 2017 @ 8:03am CDT
The way I see it, this is pretty much all on BBTS. Funpub has no obligation to cater to the resellers. I can understand people being upset but blaming it on Funpub is kinda dumb.
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1875751)
Posted by mazingaspidey on April 20th, 2017 @ 8:12am CDT
I agree completely. I wound up making my decision after BBTS listed their pre-order prices. I wanted both of the double-pretenders, and realized that to pre-order both would cost just as much as paying for the subscription and selling off lifeline and scorponok, which I did. I Nabbed a Bludgeon and Impactor from from the TFCC store, put my spare limbs on Bludgeon to make a custom Thunder Mayhem, and am basically getting Wreckage for free (minus Bluestreak but I'll just use the freebie figure as the last limb).
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1875966)
Posted by Zeedust on April 21st, 2017 @ 2:00am CDT
Kurona wrote:Well, it's apparently shipped now.

Thank you for passing that along, it's very good to know.

If you don't mind my asking, though, why did you decide not to put up a news post for it? No disrespect meant, just curious.
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1876975)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 24th, 2017 @ 8:45pm CDT
So, I'm guessing no one's gotten their figures yet?
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1876989)
Posted by mazingaspidey on April 24th, 2017 @ 9:20pm CDT
No sign yet in Louisiana.
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1876994)
Posted by grimlockprime108 on April 24th, 2017 @ 10:30pm CDT
nada in ga
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1876996)
Posted by mazingaspidey on April 24th, 2017 @ 10:38pm CDT
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1876999)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 24th, 2017 @ 10:58pm CDT
mazingaspidey wrote:Speaking of the club, can anyone fill me in on the last two comics from issues 70 and 71? My subscription eneed in the middle of the cycle and I didn't want to pay $45 for 10 pages of content.
Remind me and I can do so in the next day or so. I'll have to dig out my last two issues, but it's late now where I am (almost midnight) and I need to be winding down for the night. I-)
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1877533)
Posted by Zeedust on April 26th, 2017 @ 7:51pm CDT
I'm not sure if this is the time or place, so excuse me if I'm out of line or behind the curve...

My Impactor's knuckle holes can't really hold anything. I vaguely member some talk from when he first arrived, but I don't remember the answers, so if someone could refresh my memory, is this a widespread problem, or did I just get a bad one? And if the latter, is there anything I can do about it?
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1877538)
Posted by mazingaspidey on April 26th, 2017 @ 8:08pm CDT
I have the same problem with all of the weapons except the standard issue hook. If there is a fix I'd love to know as well.
Re: BBTS Pre-Order Modification Made for Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 (1877544)
Posted by Zeedust on April 26th, 2017 @ 8:38pm CDT
Mine won't hold the hook, though I can sometimes get one of the swords to stay (But it seems like it has to be that one sword rather than the other.

And I'm TERRIBLE at kitbash stuff, so by "something I can do", I'm thinking should I contact funpub or something.

But if they're all like that, I don't care as much, since it won't really effect Wreckage

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generation One G1 Reissue Walmart Exclusive Tailgate New MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrust  NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Sergeant Kup 100% Complete Deluxe Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Scourge Fracas 100% Complete Deluxe Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Fall of Cybertron Skywarp (Complete)" on EBAY
Buy "Roadbuster Thrilling 30 MISB Voyager Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Roller Thrilling 30 Complete Legends Generations Transformers" on EBAY