BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures

BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures

Friday, January 8th, 2010 11:44am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 34,229

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has posted preorders for the first wave of the Japanese Transformers Animated figures, giving us the first images of these figures. These are promotional images, and thus may be enhanced with photoshop; however it seems that the figures may have a metallic paint finish applied, and Ironhide (US Bulkhead) seems to be a different shade of green.

Check out all the images by clicking on the following links:
Ironhide
Bumblebee
Optimus Prime
Starscream
Megatron
Prowl
Ratchet

These preorders have an estimated release in April.
BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures
BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures
BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures

Credit(s): BigBadToyStore

This article was last modified on Friday, January 8th, 2010 9:12pm CST

Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034779)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 8th, 2010 @ 11:51am CST
I'm just too slow lately.... :cry:

And hell these are pretty, so much for the straight Hasbro repacks.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034780)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 8th, 2010 @ 11:53am CST
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034788)
Posted by Editor on January 8th, 2010 @ 12:16pm CST
Wow, anyone else looking at the Bumblebee get a G2 feel from it?
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034790)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 8th, 2010 @ 12:21pm CST
Nice. Now give me a Takara ROTF Bludgeon paint job.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034793)
Posted by Forgotten on January 8th, 2010 @ 12:23pm CST
I really like Starscream and I have yet to get an Animated incarnation of him, but 50 plus shipping. I think I might just have to get the US release and skip the shiny.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034794)
Posted by Tekka on January 8th, 2010 @ 12:23pm CST
And Starscream is still blue. =(

Oh well, so much for that idea.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034795)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 8th, 2010 @ 12:25pm CST
Bulkhead is an odd looking color... Aquamarine or something? ( I don't know, I just went with that name-- turquoise-ish?)
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034796)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 8th, 2010 @ 12:33pm CST
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034797)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 8th, 2010 @ 12:34pm CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:The more I look at them, the less I like them. The shiny doesn't fit at all. I really prefer the Hasbro versions' flat look. It matches the animation model much better. So far, I think I'm going to pass.

Shiny is often a good way to get my attention, but the one it looks best on is BBee, and the mold is pretty junky, so no thanks. Maybe if Samurai Prowl ends up looking awesome or something.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034799)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 8th, 2010 @ 12:42pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:

I'd like to see some really unique repaints, like Ramjet, and a full size Dirge, or a "One with the AllSpark" Samurai Prowl in transparent light blue.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034800)
Posted by the_dark_decepticon on January 8th, 2010 @ 12:42pm CST

110% agree with you. They are trying to make them look more "real" when the whole point is for them to look more "cartoony" and excuse the pun "animated."
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034804)
Posted by Forgotten on January 8th, 2010 @ 12:50pm CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:

Now that I would buy the hell out of.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034816)
Posted by joevill on January 8th, 2010 @ 1:32pm CST
*drools*
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034817)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 8th, 2010 @ 1:36pm CST
Editor wrote:Wow, anyone else looking at the Bumblebee get a G2 feel from it?

It's Animated Goldbug.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034823)
Posted by First Gen on January 8th, 2010 @ 2:09pm CST
Oh God these look horrible.

Now to read the Takara fanboys go nuts over this crap.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034824)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 8th, 2010 @ 2:11pm CST
Hmm, I'm guessing it's the promo image shine and they won't look so metallic when they're actually released, but I think I prefer the Hasbro jobs. Megatron definitely benefits from the full metallic treatment though.

I hope they repaint at least one of the Prowls in G1 colors so I can add him to my collection.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034829)
Posted by Elvaan on January 8th, 2010 @ 2:39pm CST
Pretty.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034832)
Posted by rpetras on January 8th, 2010 @ 2:53pm CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Ironhide looks pretty nice, but I really dislike the Voyager Bulkhead mold. I'm not sure what ones I'll be getting yet, though. We'll have to see.

I always liked the mold, but he was just too $#%@ SMALL!

Then I got Legends BB & Prowl, and I realized he's not a small voyager, he's a LARGE Legends class :-)

Voyager Bulkhead + Activators Prime and Ratchet + Legends BB & Prowl = very pleased scale nazi.

I also like the idea of TFA Goldbug. That's a neat idea.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034833)
Posted by Rorschach on January 8th, 2010 @ 3:02pm CST
Animated is my favorite TF line to date. While I adore each of these molds, there's no way I'm going to dump that much more into figures I already own doubles and triples of, the prices are simply obscene.

Basically, any mold we never got.
Re: BBTS Preorders give us first images of Japanese Animated Figures (1034835)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 8th, 2010 @ 3:04pm CST
Rorschach wrote:I will, however, be completely boned when Takara does what Hasbro would not: Produce actual figures of Omega Supreme, Constructicons Mixmaster & Scrapper, Brawn, Strika, Cyclonus, etc.

Basically, any mold we never got.

They're not going to do it. Animated to them is just a filler line. They were afraid to bring it over at all due to the animation style, and I think they expect the line to not do as well.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War 4 Cybertron Kingdom Voyager WFC-K27 Rhinox IN HAND" on EBAY