Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set

Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set

Saturday, July 9th, 2011 11:35am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 44,680

Courtesy of Kapow Toys we bring you news of the next upgrade set from Beelzeboss, the company who previously produced the Devilhorns Upgrade set for Classics Cliffjumper. Now they plan on transforming your United Bumblebee into a Classics-verse Goldbug. The set dubbed "Growing Pains" will contain a new head and electoplated hand weapon. Take a look at the concept sketch below.

Credit(s): Kapow Toys

This article was last modified on Sunday, July 10th, 2011 3:15am CDT

Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1255575)
Posted by Praxus Prime on July 9th, 2011 @ 11:47am CDT
So does this mean we'll be seeing Kup's "$#*%-Piece" upgrade? :lol:
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1255582)
Posted by NebulanFree on July 9th, 2011 @ 11:54am CDT
Praxus Prime wrote:So does this mean we'll be seeing Kup's "$#*%-Piece" upgrade? :lol:

LOL, $#*%-Piece. That video is hilarious.

This is a great idea, and I am glad someone is putting it into production.
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1255597)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 9th, 2011 @ 12:25pm CDT
Well crap. Now I need a United Bumblebee lol.
:BOT:
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1255639)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 9th, 2011 @ 2:17pm CDT
Think it's safe to say everyone saw this coming. Only makes sense for Beelzeboss to take advantage of United Bumblebee. Will probably pass on this though. Call me unrealistic but I'd love someone to make a Goldbug based on next years new VW Beetle.
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1255662)
Posted by all_the_primes on July 9th, 2011 @ 3:30pm CDT
NebulanFree wrote:

LOL, $#*%-Piece. That video is hilarious.

This is a great idea, and I am glad someone is putting it into production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9Q ... ideo_title
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1255663)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on July 9th, 2011 @ 3:31pm CDT
I don't know, I don't think that mold suits Goldbug as much as it does Bumblebee, it's a little bit too stocky, though, it'll probably look really nice, and it'll probably be able to fit on the WFC Bumblebee. :P
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1255693)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 9th, 2011 @ 4:22pm CDT
This looks more promising than their last set. I may check into it but I'd like to see what Renderform's looks like first.
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1255704)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on July 9th, 2011 @ 4:35pm CDT
I never realized how "Bumblebee Prime" Goldbug's head looked… IDW should've gone that route, though I guess without the Matrix the leadership thing was really in name only.
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1255705)
Posted by Optimus1138 on July 9th, 2011 @ 4:35pm CDT
This would be perfect for United Bumblebee.
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1255778)
Posted by --B-- on July 9th, 2011 @ 6:51pm CDT
I bought a United Bumblebee just for this occasion.
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1255795)
Posted by rpetras on July 9th, 2011 @ 7:50pm CDT
--B-- wrote:I bought a United Bumblebee just for this occasion.

Yup, me too.

Saves me the pain of doing the upgrade myself.
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1255979)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 10th, 2011 @ 1:11am CDT
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1256002)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 10th, 2011 @ 2:11am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:BBTS is now down to 2 United Bumblebees. They had like 27 or something earlier in the evening. Just FYI.

They're out.
:BOT:
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1256016)
Posted by El Duque on July 10th, 2011 @ 2:53am CDT
Just FYI, the set is already available for pre-order at TFsource.
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1256018)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 10th, 2011 @ 2:59am CDT
El Duque wrote:Just FYI, the set is already available for pre-order at TFsource.

The last set was like $19 and change. This has a head and one handgun. So you're getting less this time and paying approximately ten more dollars? How lame. I'm sure I'll get a Goldbug of sorts but it won't be for that price.
:BOT:
::EDIT:: Pardon me, it was $22.95.
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1256226)
Posted by Quantum Reflex on July 10th, 2011 @ 2:45pm CDT
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1256233)
Posted by El Duque on July 10th, 2011 @ 3:02pm CDT
Quantum Reflex wrote:It is too expensive, how can you justify that price?. Even as an avid Bee & Bug collector You'd think I'd be the one who can Justify the price.... Sadly not - $30 for a head and a gun that doesn't even exist - adding a gun is a poor attempt to Justify the price. Get rid of the gun and lower the price to $10/15. Don't treat collectors as dumb cash cows.

I figured you'd be all over this. Guess you can wait for Venksta's version.

Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1256258)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 10th, 2011 @ 3:24pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

I figured you'd be all over this. Guess you can wait for Venksta's version.

Thats what I'll be doing as well. Last time we talked he has this, a Hubcap, and CJ sets coming down the pipe.
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1256267)
Posted by El Duque on July 10th, 2011 @ 3:33pm CDT
Re: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set (1256271)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 10th, 2011 @ 3:39pm CDT
El Duque wrote:I'm hopeful for a Hubcap upgrade, in fact I bought a clearanced RtS BB just in case.

Me too lol and a second CJ ;)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Megatron & Grimlock - NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY