Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 7:57pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 14,683

We previously found a few comparative shots of the two Transformers Legends releases of God Ginrai and we shared them with you as soon as possible. However, those comparisons were not perfect since they showed one of the sets with a 3rd party upgrade kit comparing it to one that did not have the same add on accessories. We have finally found better comparison images that show you exactly what you would get if you ordered either the LG-EX God Ginrai set (which contains both God Bomber and Super Ginrai) or the LG35 Super Ginrai and LG42 God Bomber separately.

We also get our first in hand look at the two exclusive Headmasters which come with this set which is seemingly the main reason most fans are buying this set over the others individually. The two extra Headmasters are Minerva and Cab. Of course there are other differences too when it comes to the deco of the two main toys, such as the chrome finish on the chest and sword and the different coloured windows on Super Ginrai. We also see an image below containing a comparison to the truck modes of all three released of the Super Ginrai mold, meaning the LG-EX release, the LG35 release and the Hasbro Magnus Prime release.

For those wondering exactly what it comes with, here is a product description from a Hong Kong listing, where we surprisingly learnt that LG-EX God Ginrai was going to get a retail release.

With Super Ginrai the windows are translucent and God bomber features chrome plating on parts of the figure. Exclusive Minerva and Cab Headmasters included only available with this set! Together Lg-35 Super Ginrai and LG-42 God Bomber combine to form God Ginrai, the powerful leader of the Autobots!

Set Includes:
- LG35 Super Ginrai
- LG42 God Bomber
- Exclusive Minerva Headmaster
- Exclusive Cab Headmaster
- Two Blasters
- Two Shoulder Cannons for Super Jinrai
- God Bomber Shoulder Cannon
- Shoulder Cannon for Ginrai
- Shoulder Cannon Tip
- Sword

Transformers News: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Mi

Credit(s): The following twitter accounts: たごーる, 野生解放き♥の♥こ, and XT579

Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924687)
Posted by BombshellDaBug on December 2nd, 2017 @ 8:36pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Qwan wrote:
I've got Hasbro versions of these molds already, but I really dig these sets and the prices on BBTS are within my range. So my question is which one did you guys prefer the most? I'm curious to hear what you guys think, and thank you for helping me out here! :D

I just picked up a couple LG Sharkticons myself, and I gotta say they are sweet. The Sharkticons themselves are fantastically-painted, and while I still appreciate the Hasbro versions I really feel that the Takara deco makes them look so much nicer. The Sweep heads aren't much use for their primary purpose if you don't also have extra Hasbro or Takara Scourges, but they're good as cannon fodder or for manning guns - I have my three acting as maintenance/grunt troops on Trypticon :D . Honestly though, the Sharkticons are strongest as a group, and a single one might not be as much fun for you. Absolutely worth considering though, regardless.D

I agree with the sharkticon recomendation. I dont have him and stuck to getting 3 Hasro ones instead but if there is a set with molds worth double dipping on its easily the sharkticon with the new sweep head. Its because both of those work as troop builders. Even if you dont have an extra Scourge, you can always switch out that head with the one that came with the hasbro version to pretend he visited the barber and shaved his beard :lol:

This is great advice! Thanks so much guys! I have to admit that I am starting to lean more towards the Sharkticon. I already have Gnaw, so it'll be nice for him to have a buddy. Although I don't have the TR Scourge to make the most of the Sweep Headmaster, I did come up with an interesting idea based on the Retribution novel. I might use the Takara Sharkticon as General Tyrannicon, with the Hasbro one as Commander Gnaw. The Sweep Headmaster could also function as the Curator.

Kickback is definitely still on my list because a) that deco and b) that Clouder/Doubledealer Headmaster, but I'm probably going to wait until after the holidays to grab it.

Thanks again, guys!
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924743)
Posted by Va'al on December 3rd, 2017 @ 4:52am CST
As the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends line continues to release figures for the Japanese market that Hasbro released elsewhere, and under different names, we have a video review of their latest offering in LG-51 Targetmaster Doublecross (previous seen as Titans Return Twinferno) courtesy of fellow Seibertronian chuckdawg1999!

You can see comparisons and differences between the two figures, including the slight remolds and pain changes, and the differences in the Titan Master / Headmaster figure too, plus Targetmaster Haywire. Check it out below!

Doublecross is a nice repaint but I'll be honest, I only picked the figure up for Haywire, Blurr's Targetmaster. Haywire looks really cool and is my favorite Targetmaster mold to date. Since Twinferno, the Titans Return release of Doublecross is warming shelves, I really can't justify paying the premium unless you really want Haywire.

Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924747)
Posted by Rated X on December 3rd, 2017 @ 6:38am CST
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924751)
Posted by Deadput on December 3rd, 2017 @ 7:57am CST
I'm purchasing the ginrai set but I don't need two of the same thing.

I have the first version of Godbomber and the Hasbro Magnus Prime from the gift box.

I have never sold something before so where would I sell these guys? I have my local comic con next year which is the biggest one in Canada ( also only place for me to buy takara transformers retail )

I could also just sell the versions that come with this set.
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924752)
Posted by Wonkimus on December 3rd, 2017 @ 8:40am CST
Deadput wrote:I'm purchasing the ginrai set but I don't need two of the same thing.

I could also just sell the versions that come with this set.

Try eBay. There are also a lot of Facebook groups for TF collectors.
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924753)
Posted by Wonkimus on December 3rd, 2017 @ 8:42am CST
BombshellDaBug wrote:Hey guys! I was wondering if you guys could help me out with something. Every holiday season, I try to treat myself to a pricier Transformer toy. I don't normally go for Takara stuff because of the price (which I see was the subject of an interesting conversation on this thread).

Anyways, I'm considering getting myself one of the Legends class/Headmaster sets in Takara's version of Titans Return. I've got my eye on three in particular, those being:

- Kickback and Clouder

- Condor/Laserbeak and Apeface

- Sharkticon and Sweep

Out of those three the only one I got was Sharkticon, because "Sweep" is a different face than Scourge. If you ever get a second Scourge you can use this head and make him be a minion.

I thought about the Kickback set but it wasn't different enough.
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924768)
Posted by nycPrime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:14am CST

I could also just sell the versions that come with this set.

eBay is the safest and easiest. Just keep in mind that you'll pay about 13% in fees to them and PayPal. You'll also have to factor in shipping cost.

The other option is via the FB groups or through these forums. There is a 3% fee only for PayPal goods and services. Sometimes both parties negotiate that out and you do the transaction as a payment to friends and family. There is no fee with that route, but there is no buyer and seller protection. And in both cases, keep in mind shipping fee.

If you're unfamiliar, go with eBay. And lastly, make sure to exclude counties you don't want to ship to.
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924769)
Posted by blackeyedprime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:15am CST
the god Ginrai sets pretty nice (not sure its worth the prices being charged but hey -I'd go for the g1 reissue over this set any day of the week).

Never had the 'magnus prime' mold before and although its hands and handguns win over the hasbro (and also a weird but nice nod to how the g1 takara./hasbro powermaster prime varied), the feet (or lack of) is just plain ugly. Just adding the god bomber feet alone make it look nicer from the front.
The clear windows on Prime are really nice, and i'm tempted to unscrew the cab and use it on the hasbro toy in bot mode (the reds wont match, but it is a shame to cover it up with the godbomber chest piece -that and the perfect effect kits red already doesnt quite match the hasbro version so it won't make much difference color wise) and just use the perfect effect ginrai separately as a deluxe figure. not sure why on the comparison photos above they keep using the guns on the shoulders instead of on his legs as per norm.

One of my godbombers legs suffers from a tight spring so popping one of the foot pieces off takes some doing. The torso part really reminds of RID fire convoy/magnus combination and I wouldnt wish that on a kid or a parent who has to transform it for them. The clips that it attaches to the cab look a birt fragile so I wont be transforming it that often. It's pretty much impossible to not whistle the power rangers theme whilst sitting the titan masters in the cockpit in godginrai mode.
Godbombers helmet looks really nice on blasters titan master head tho it can be tricky to get it on him and I havent tried it out on a body yet. God ginrai looks good with G1 scorponok side by side. I think design wise I'd prefer the wings to be lower down/shoulder level but it kind of reminds me cybertron prime the way it is.

I forgot to order legends misfire at the same time, but still struggling over the legends target master misfire or a hasbro misfire that has more accurate guns for vehicle mode/guns that can split and put a TMaster in them anyhoos and matches my hasbro triggerhappys weapons. I think I would actually go for the hasbro version if it was available here at retail.
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924781)
Posted by Evil Eye on December 3rd, 2017 @ 11:09am CST

Why? Topspin and Twin Twist are some of the best deluxes we've had in ages. Great robot mode, fun vehicle mode, awesome transformation, and they're the goddamn Jumpstarters except not terrible!

Speaking of "Old toy except not awful", remember those weird Diaclone pull-back figures (powerdashers I think)? They need new figures. Headmasters, combiner limbs, whatever, just give me Drilldasher!
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924784)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 3rd, 2017 @ 11:25am CST
Rated X wrote:We all bought Doublecross for Haywire. But on the flip side, it has a better paint deco than Hasbro but is missing the proper guns. So try to think of that Twinferno you bought months ago as if you bought a 3rd party weapon with a free bouns figure for 15 bucks. Chug him in the storage bin. Problem solved. Soon Windblade, Topspin, Twin Twist will be joining him.

Or I could sell them, which I plan on doing
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924796)
Posted by kurthy on December 3rd, 2017 @ 12:42pm CST

Yep, I'm stealing my son's twinferno guns.
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924798)
Posted by william-james88 on December 3rd, 2017 @ 1:00pm CST

I could also just sell the versions that come with this set.

A nice place to sell stuff is right here, on the buy sell trade forum: carbombya-buy-sell-or-trade-f36.php

No e-bay fees and if you use paypal you still have an intermediary.
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924819)
Posted by Emerje on December 3rd, 2017 @ 2:58pm CST
Black Hat wrote:

He means after you've taken their guns away for the Takara Tomy versions. My problem with that is that Twinferno's guns aren't anything like his originals so I don't feel any need to take them for LG Doublecross. I've never seen the Jumpstarters in stores and their online prices aren't that much less than the Japanese prices making for some expensive guns if you went that way. Plus LG Windblade comes with a proper sword so there's no need to take them from the TR version.

Emerje
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924825)
Posted by blackeyedprime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 3:25pm CST
Scorp vs God ginrai (I've used some guns I had lying about on his shoulders just for fun, not even sure how I had two of the same guns or what titans return figure they are from). Plus I found Zarak hiding in the Scorponoks chest so all's good until he decides to hide again.
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924826)
Posted by blackeyedprime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 3:28pm CST
God Blaster (Legends godbomber helmet, titans return blaster titan master)
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924852)
Posted by Rated X on December 3rd, 2017 @ 6:11pm CST
Black Hat wrote:

I meant chug the Hasbro versions in the storage bin and proudly display the Takara versions with the Hasbro weapons.
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1924854)
Posted by Rated X on December 3rd, 2017 @ 6:14pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Or I could sell them, which I plan on doing

Ive thought about selling some Hasbro stuff. But I'm just so lazy to learn how to sell on e-bay (I buy all the time) The thought of dealing with all the extra work of shipping kind of turns me off. I wish I knew some collectors that lived in South Florida that wanted to link up.
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1926004)
Posted by Omegatron. on December 9th, 2017 @ 6:13pm CST
I don't know if this has been mentioned here yet but I found this on Reddit. Ginrai's feet in the God Ginrai set have been modified slightly to make his heel spurs more stable.
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1926008)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on December 9th, 2017 @ 6:27pm CST
thats good to know. a more stable Ginrai will be welcome
Re: Best Comparison Images Yet for Takara Transformers LG-EX God Ginrai and In Hand Images of Cab and Minerva (1926954)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 16th, 2017 @ 7:28am CST
To those bellyaching against the Sixshot mold ( I just updated tfwiki of this feature fyi), the Takara mold has a slight retool on his knees to make it not as a useless floppy mess as the Hb version was. Two small pegs are now added to the outer side of his knees to give the junction a bit of a snag when bending it.

So not only we get a new Headmaster (no more paint chipping on the face plate), remolded helmet, new paint apps but a small fix on his knees.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Bluestreak - Custom Nonnef Upgrade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG - (TW4) Wave 4 War for Cybertron: Siege II Omega Supreme Tank" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 C COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Original Transformer Autobots “Trailbreaker" - 1984 - Black 4wd" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 A COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY