Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord

Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord

Thursday, December 21st, 2017 12:04pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,081

Transformers Titans Return Leader Overlord is now available for $30 and change on Amazon.com. There are currently only 14 hours left to get this great deal, so you better be hasty!

Here is his product description from Amazon:

Choose your side: Join the mighty Autobots or the destructive Deceptions
Most Transformers toys feature awesome weapons and cool converting features
Collect cool converting characters from the show Transformers: Robots in Disguise
Relive the original adventures with Transformers Generations figures

For those unaware, this is the first time Hasbro proper has ever released an Overlord toy in the US. To mark this glorious event, Hasbro went out of their way to make sure the colours used matched perfectly with the original G1 toys we never got. So now is anyone's chance to get it for a great price.

You can plug in two Titan Master in his chest, as can be seen in this pictorial review.

Transformers News: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord

Transformers News: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord

This article was last modified on Thursday, December 21st, 2017 12:05pm CST

Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927580)
Posted by ExciKaiser on December 21st, 2017 @ 12:07pm CST
Why not mentionning the use of prime masters instead ? It mades more sense now they're released.
I give you permissions on my picture if necessary.
transformers-titans-return-product-reveals-news-updates-rumors-leaks-and-more--p1927088.php#p1927088
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927587)
Posted by DeathReviews on December 21st, 2017 @ 1:20pm CST
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927589)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on December 21st, 2017 @ 1:48pm CST
DeathReviews wrote:Overlord with two TM's stuffed in his chest.... 'I must! I must! I must improve my bust!'

Is that a quote from an Anime?
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927591)
Posted by o.supreme on December 21st, 2017 @ 1:51pm CST
I heard it on MST3K...not sure where they got it from though
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927594)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 21st, 2017 @ 2:14pm CST
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927597)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on December 21st, 2017 @ 2:27pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I will never understand the appeal of Overlord, Skyshadow or Sixshot (I even recall my mum offering to buy me the G1 Overlord for my birthday when we saw it in Co Op all those years ago and I declined cos I thought it looked like the kind of blocky colourful crap that had killed my interest in Transformers at the time anyways, I had wanted a return to realistic vehicle modes with highly detailed robot forms... though I do sorta wish I had taken the offer of Thunderwing a couple years before... that one I regretted... simplistic toy but awesome comic character)... but that sounds like a really good deal for folk wanting this figure. Enjoy.

For me, the appeal is simple and twofold, 1) I always need more cons and the bigger the better; and 2) I absolutely fell in love with Titans Return and the city/base modes, even if they are simple and sort of crappy afterthoughts. Making a mega city is still loads of fun. Then destroying it in an epic battle, even more fun-er.
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927609)
Posted by Bradimus on December 21st, 2017 @ 4:40pm CST

I love the characters of Sixshot and Overlord from the Japanese anime The Headmasters and Masterforce respectively so much I almost jumped at the Amazon deal for Sixshot a while back. However, like you point out, the robots are very brick-like in appearance, not as bad as CW leader Megatron, but close. I have seen some great poses with the toys but just standing them up they don't look dynamic like the characters in the source material do.

And speaking of Megatron, his TR voyager figure looks very dynamic in a basic standing pose, so I am very happy I chose him over Blitzwing (I can't get over all that purple in tank mode) and I'm looking forward to updating the stickers soon.
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927610)
Posted by o.supreme on December 21st, 2017 @ 4:46pm CST
Bradimus wrote: I love the characters of Sixshot and Overlord from the Japanese anime The Headmasters and Masterforce respectively so much

;)^ I approve this comment

I mean as I've stated many times, 1988 was the original jumping off point for me and Transformers since the animated series had ceased making new episodes. From the 1988 line PM Prime and The Seacons *seemed* neat, but with no significant in-fiction reference, I easily passed. If North America had gotten all the Japanese series, and the accompanying toys, I probably would have stayed on board Throughout Victory.
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927635)
Posted by Randomhero on December 21st, 2017 @ 9:25pm CST
Who needs powemasters when you can harness The power of the primes!

They actually fit quite well and don’t snag or get stuck

Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927643)
Posted by Bradimus on December 21st, 2017 @ 10:47pm CST
o.supreme wrote:

;)^ I approve this comment

Thank you! ;)^

And as I've mentioned many times before I wish :HASBRO: would do an almost straight up anime style dub of The Headmasters (while Peter Cullen and Frank Welker are able to reprise their roles of Optimus Prime and Galvatron respectively), Masterforce and Victory. I say almost because there are some name discrepancies with some characters and because God Masters are called Power Masters in English, so I think there needs to be a few dialogue tweaks. But in particular with regard to The Headmasters they should stick with the planet Master origin as well as the Headmasters being the actual characters and the Transtectors their vehicles that transform into full sized bodies. But most importantly they need to stick with the original Japanese OST.

Had :HASBRO: done this years ago like they should have (right after finally releasing the subs) they would have had even better sales for the Titans Return line in particular as they would have something to air on Discovery Family to get kids interested in the toys from the source. Also, :HASBRO: would have been forced to release the :TAKARATOMY: version of Super Ginrai and God Bomber as leader class toys instead hiding them in boxed sets most people can't afford and mass releasing their version Power Master Optimus Prime, and they would have also needed to release both Giga and Mega with Overlord. And they might have even realized the need for both sets of the :BOT: and :CON: clones to be released in two-packs instead of hiding two of the clones in those massive boxed sets. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927644)
Posted by Randomhero on December 21st, 2017 @ 10:50pm CST
Bradimus wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

;)^ I approve this comment

Thank you! ;)^

I’m sorry but you have absolutely no idea how things work.
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927649)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 21st, 2017 @ 11:53pm CST
Bradimus wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

;)^ I approve this comment

Thank you! ;)^

Or you could just import? Just a click away in your friendly neighborhood online seller.
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927652)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 22nd, 2017 @ 12:04am CST
Randomhero wrote:
Bradimus wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

;)^ I approve this comment

Thank you! ;)^

I’m sorry but you have absolutely no idea who things work.
His entire post could have fit well inside the "Wishful Thinking" tags. ;)
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927883)
Posted by Bradimus on December 23rd, 2017 @ 5:35pm CST
Randomhero wrote:I’m sorry but you have absolutely no idea how things work.

Knowing how things work and lamenting about how things should work are two completely different things. I'm sorry you don't seem to understand the difference. My post is indeed wishful thinking.
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927922)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 23rd, 2017 @ 10:57pm CST
Bradimus wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I’m sorry but you have absolutely no idea how things work.

On the other hand, had things played out differently back then with Transformers not leaving television after 1987/1988, then none of the Japanese-original shows may have existed, as those were only created because the American cartoon was going to end at the time, and the American cartoon was going to end due to the networks being done with Transformers and not wanting it anymore (likely due to the rising popularity of the then-newest hit cartoon Ninja Turtles catching the networks' interest).

Had the networks wanted to keep airing new Transformers animated content, then they would have decided to renew the American G1 cartoon for more seasons, and had the American cartoon continued for more seasons, then The Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory wouldn't have been created in the first place since their whole reason for being was due to the American cartoon's ending with The Rebirth.

Just something to think about. ;)
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1927926)
Posted by Skritz on December 23rd, 2017 @ 11:04pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Bradimus wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I’m sorry but you have absolutely no idea how things work.

Just something to think about. ;)

Now this is purely my theory but I have the impression that had Transformers continued in the west in its animated form for years (during the latter half of the G1 toyline or even into G2) that while it would, in this hypothetical scenario where its not 'defeated' by the Ninja Turtles, have ultimately been detrimental to the franchise's staying power. Speaking in the long run, that is.
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1928036)
Posted by avarathriul on December 24th, 2017 @ 10:09pm CST
The Walgreens on the corner of 58th street and SR 60 in Vero Beach had a bunch
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1928039)
Posted by william-james88 on December 24th, 2017 @ 10:31pm CST
avarathriul wrote:The Walgreens on the corner of 58th street and SR 60 in Vero Beach had a bunch

Of what?
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1928041)
Posted by Skritz on December 24th, 2017 @ 11:14pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Of what?

I'm going to take a wild guess and some late-waves TR figures?
Re: Best Deal Yet for Transformers Titans Return Overlord (1928059)
Posted by Autobot N on December 25th, 2017 @ 8:08am CST
EDIT: Got Trypticon for Christmas, and me on 5 hours of sleep forgot a step in his transformation, so I thought the arms were attached backwards. I'm dumb. Anyway, I really like Trypticon, and I'd say he's the best Titan so far.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Diecast 1:32 Scale Flame Design Jada" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION AUTOBOT QUICK DRAW HOUND Power battler 2014." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Predaking - 30th Anniversary New Amazon Exclusive Platinum" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Autobot SLUG - TRU Evolution 2-Pack Exclusive Deluxe New Slag" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Warrior Class Lightning Slash Thundercracker" on EBAY
Buy "JADA 30114 TRANSFORMERS VW VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE BUMBLEBEE 1:24 WITH CHARLIE FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner force STEELJAW in original packaging !!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age Of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown 100% Complete" on EBAY