Transformers News: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0

Thursday, June 21st, 2018 8:51AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,902

The Tokyo Toy show gave fans their first look at the newst version of a Masterpiece Optimus Prime, which we will call MP Optimus 3.0 until we get an official number or labelling. However, photos were not allowed so the only photo we got was grainy and not the ideal first look at a figure that will probably cost fans a pretty penny. Luckily, MP Optimus Prime 3.0 features in the latest Figure King magazine and while we do not have high quality scans yet, we do have a much better look at the toy than ever before.

Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath found these iamges and sent them our way so taht we can in turn share them with you. It is the same image shown at Tokyo Toy show but clearer and bigger, letting us see the details. We also get a frther confirmation that this will be released in 2019. Let us know what you think!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965902)
Posted by shajaki on June 21st, 2018 @ 9:02am CDT
I need more angles. Window pecs look a little too small for the torso as is...

However that head sculpt looks truly inspiring :x
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965903)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on June 21st, 2018 @ 9:02am CDT
Looks good, but I'm still not seeing anything that makes me want to upgrade from MP-10.
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965904)
Posted by Quantum Surge on June 21st, 2018 @ 9:12am CDT
I prefer the proportions of MP-10 and even MP-01 if I'm honest.
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965905)
Posted by NTESHFT on June 21st, 2018 @ 9:12am CDT
So far so good. I want to see color images. He needs to some with Spike and Sparkplug....
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965906)
Posted by Cobotron on June 21st, 2018 @ 9:13am CDT
You know, for a guy who doesn't go for toon accuracy, I do think he looks good.
I'm glad for those who are after the ultimate screen accurate version that this is coming, but am relieved that old 10 fits what I think is the ultimate Prime figure.

Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965907)
Posted by Big Grim on June 21st, 2018 @ 9:16am CDT
Won't buy it I don't think. Happy with 2.0. Saying that, the head sculpt is glorious!
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965910)
Posted by Qwan on June 21st, 2018 @ 9:31am CDT
Got that backpack going on there... :\

I wonder if his chest windows are formed by, somehow, flipping the truck windows around? That would allow for different robot/vehicle detail without actually using "fake parts" as such, and I'd be interested to see how that would work. It doesn't look like that's the case, but at the moment all bets are basically off with regard to this guy's actual transformation!
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965914)
Posted by wilcosu35 on June 21st, 2018 @ 9:50am CDT
So happy i sold my loose MP-10 last year and hadn't replaced it yet.
I could use some fresh Optimus, and this one looks good.
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965918)
Posted by Blitzwing is bae on June 21st, 2018 @ 10:02am CDT
um.... YES PLEASE!!! :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965919)
Posted by Black Hat on June 21st, 2018 @ 10:04am CDT
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965921)
Posted by Seibertron on June 21st, 2018 @ 10:33am CDT
shajaki wrote:I need more angles. Window pecs look a little too small for the torso as is...

However that head sculpt looks truly inspiring :x

It's a good looking Optimus Prime that definitely says "cartoon" version. However, something is off with him and I can't pinpoint exactly what it is. Something about the arm length (which is ironic because I always thought MP-10's arms were too long) or the really bad looking jigsaw of the truck mode. It looks extremely complicated for a figure that literally should be a more complex variant of fold legs down, pull arms out, flip up the head.

I've been saying this for the past few years as well ... I'm not a fan of the simplistic cartoon look with dull panels, but it seems that this is the new way with Masterpieces which is a bummer to me. I like cartoon styling (especially with heads), but I like the G1 toy or "real world" details as well.
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965923)
Posted by ExciKaiser on June 21st, 2018 @ 10:59am CDT
Black Hat wrote:10 years later we're gonna get an MP Prime 4.0 which is just a cutout of the cartoon model with a picture of the truck on the other side, and it costs £500.

Even the chest windows seems to be a fake part on this one, these are not the same as the truck.

It's as ridiculous as Cheetor and Dinobot MP.
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965924)
Posted by shajaki on June 21st, 2018 @ 11:06am CDT
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965925)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 21st, 2018 @ 11:19am CDT

However that head sculpt looks truly inspiring :x

I don't know, the windows look right to me. If they were bigger he'd transform into a bus?

Cobotron wrote:You know, for a guy who doesn't go for toon accuracy, I do think he looks good.

MP-10 is still awesome, it's the toy that ignited the current incarnation of the line, and I'm keeping him. But I have a feeling that this new edition will be my new favourite.

Cobotron wrote:I wonder if to achieve his faux chest, he will have to be an intense panel former? Looking at truck mode would suggest, yes.
Yeah, I get "Evasion Mode" vibe from this.

I hope everything folds neatly. No crookedness and misalignments.
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965929)
Posted by Seibertron on June 21st, 2018 @ 11:46am CDT

Even the extremely awesome Studio Ox model had the flat grill.

Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965932)
Posted by dragons on June 21st, 2018 @ 11:59am CDT
I will be waiting for time for someone rotate bicep and break part of smokestack from hanging down to low in bot mode like how they completely hide his back wheels in bot mode of figure but figure itself is not enough for me but second time around first figure release of figure is better looking of figure
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965940)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 21st, 2018 @ 12:24pm CDT
Maybe the grill can be moved so it can be both flat and angled depending on preference? The trailer looks like it's got something going on, but is it the same as the trailer released before?
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965941)
Posted by sol magnus on June 21st, 2018 @ 12:25pm CDT
Yeah, probably not going to be able to pretend I'm not buying this.
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965945)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 21st, 2018 @ 12:40pm CDT
Optimus has been working on his "proportionizing," I see. :lol:

This looks good, but then again, I have had no problem with how MP-10 looks at all as a "Masterpiece" version of Optimus Prime. I'm sure, though, that I'll be unable to resist buying this once we get some pictures of colored samples. If they paint the eyes light blue and forego the dark blue plastic "light piping" from the MP-10 Takara version, I'll be sold, most likely.
Re: Better Look at Takara Transformers New Cartoon Accurate Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 (1965950)
Posted by Randomhero on June 21st, 2018 @ 1:06pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:After looking at a variety of images of Optimus Prime from the G1 cartoon, I wonder why they decided to do the angled grill on his abdomen. While I found a few images from the cartoon where it looked like that, it seems the vast majority (including the cartoon model) have the flat grill.

Even the extremely awesome Studio Ox model had the flat grill.

Are we really going to be that picky about something?
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #208 - Everyone Gets Counterpunched
"Everyone Gets Counterpunched"
Posted: Sunday, September 23rd, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "TakaraTomy Transformers TG-33 Armada Starscream Legend LG18 Super Thundercracker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron UNICRON  Deluxe Hasbro action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS A FLASH FORWARD LITHOGRAPH by Matt Frank; 2012 Collectors Club Art." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Rampage  1986 Vintage Hasbro  PREDAKING" on EBAY
Buy "SKYWARP Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class~" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast~" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS Cody, Kade, Graham, Doc Greene & Charlie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Force OPTIMUS PRIME & SIDESWIPE & DECEPTICON BERSERKER" on EBAY