Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy

Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy

Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 10:11am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 62,291

If you've been underwhelmed by the various images that have appeared for Transformers:DOTM Deluxe Starscream, Deluxe Dread, and the unnamed Human Alliance style Dune Buggy maybe these new images over at ACToys will change your mind. These images are higher quality and the figures appear to be transformed properly, or at the very least much closer than some of the previous images we've seen. For those who were unhappy about those giant pinchers sticking out of the front of the SUV in alt mode it appears they do neatly fold away!

To view the images click here.

Credit(s): b-o-t of ACToys

This article was last modified on Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 10:24am CST

Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172854)
Posted by dirk2243 on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:17am CST
Wow, I'm wondering if it is the same person transforming all of them. Starscreams transformation is a fail, which makes me wonder if the others are done right?

However Dreads and the buggy don't seem to bad so they could be done right.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172855)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:19am CST
Awe crap, I was just writing this up. Beaten to the punch again!

While these pictures do look better, I still haven't seen anything that makes me say, "I gotta have that!"
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172860)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:23am CST
Actually I am starting to like all three. Not sure if I would display Starscream with those huge weapons on his arm. Dread is looking badass in my opinion. Looking forward to him. The HA dune buggy is also a must get for me.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172863)
Posted by El Duque on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:27am CST
DevastaTTor wrote:Awe crap, I was just writing this up. Beaten to the punch again!

Sorry bro :P

I will admit these images have taken me from "Hell no" to "Well maybe" on Deluxe SS and the SUV. I was planning on getting the mini-HA's anyway.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172864)
Posted by mtma on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:28am CST
Damn, I said to myself I was NOT gonna spend any money on anyone that was not Megatron, but Dreads is Appealing to me...

He's very well done, but I can't stand the huge ass weapons of the line. I mean, if they had the effort to hide them, I would not mind, but the way they are exposed on the vehicles is just lazy...

That's why I want Megatron, his weapon is concealed, and for the first time on the movies he is a real life vehicle
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172868)
Posted by ConBotFormer on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:30am CST
I'm starting to like the dread. But, I'd only buy it/or the 3 dreads if they came in voyager class. Now, lets start to see some videos! I hope we see some leader class figures soon...and I hope they're not crappy like the rest of these DOTM figures.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172870)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:32am CST
Now we're talking, they look loads better.

The Dread has a similar color scheme to the "Shadow Command" Leader Megatron. Bet that Megs would look neat with a posse of the Dreads (still hoping there are a few different forms of them).
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172873)
Posted by ConBotFormer on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:33am CST
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172874)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:33am CST
the dreads are bad ass! but i still dont like the deluxe SS. but i will be getting all the HA.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172881)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:45am CST
I hate to admit it, but I'm starting to like some of those mechtech weapons. Like Linkara says "guns that turn into melee weapons are friggin awesome" The only downside is they're too big, but I can live with that.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172885)
Posted by Alex Jones on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:55am CST
DOTM Starscream looks good but we already have a perfect Voyager class from the ROTF line. I am thinking why purchase a deluxe version.

Like everyone else has said, the weapons look too exaggerated, but I wondering if this has to do with trying to make the weapons look more unrealistic to appease poltically correct parents.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172890)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 23rd, 2011 @ 11:10am CST
The HA Dunebuggy is still a "maybe" with a slightly stronger tilt towards a "yes". Was hoping that better pics of SS would change my mind and indeed they have me "almost tempted". I find the whole 'bot with dreadlocks' concept to be an insult to my intelligence in much the same manner as the twins' personalities were in RotF and those Mech Tech weapons are just the Lame icing on a 3 layer Fail Cake in my opinion. I'm all for a BFG if it's decently designed but these things are freakishly over-sized and totally ruin the aesthetic of the figure.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172897)
Posted by WheelJacked on January 23rd, 2011 @ 11:30am CST
While I like the look of Dread, if that is the proper transformation for him there is going to be a ton of back kibble. I wish they would have shown that.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172900)
Posted by WarGraver on January 23rd, 2011 @ 11:35am CST
The Dune Buggy is pretty good. For a movie figure, anyway. I still don't want it, but I wouldn't hate having it. I'm a little curious if his missile rack can be opened in robot mode.

Dread, as always, has a kind of cool robot mode utterly ruined by an alt mode that has nothing in common with it.

Still... I at least now believe that the HA figures have some potential. So that's good.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172901)
Posted by Solrac333 on January 23rd, 2011 @ 11:36am CST
Rather than trying to be the first to post these, can people actually try to figure out how to transform them and THEN post them?
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172908)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 23rd, 2011 @ 11:50am CST
I will admit that the Dread looks a lot better in these photos than the previous but the goldie locks kill it for me. I'm on the fence with the Dune Buggy and not interested at all in Screamer.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172912)
Posted by ShardFenix on January 23rd, 2011 @ 11:57am CST
yep, still only feeling the dune buggy. what size are the HA figures?
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172917)
Posted by Alex Jones on January 23rd, 2011 @ 12:05pm CST
ShardFenix wrote:yep, still only feeling the dune buggy. what size are the HA figures?

Some have said around Deluxe and Scott size class. But I think there was a group a picture of HA with some of the DOTM deluxes and the dune buggy guy was slightly smaller, although he does look a bit thicker.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172920)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 23rd, 2011 @ 12:09pm CST
Still do not want any of these. Though Dread does have a refreshingly demonic and monstrous head sculpt that i can appreciate.
Re: Better Quality Images of DOTM Starscream, Dread, & HA Dune Buggy (1172922)
Posted by Rodimus_Major86 on January 23rd, 2011 @ 12:13pm CST
I'm still not too terribly impressed with what I have seen for DOTM yet

I may as well just stick with my ROTF figures, considering that they look a lot better than what has appeared so far.

One thing I'm wondering is what is with Starscream and big honkin' blade weapons all of a sudden, the one he has in the pictures looks kind of awkward. Also, why do they keep calling the SUVs 'the dreads' they may as well just start calling them the Insecticons right now, considering that I'm pretty sure taht's who they are supposed to be.

Either way, I'm still not too impressed, but I hope they make something worth getting from this toyline

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 52 Deluxe Arcee Chromia Elita 1 Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Universe Ratchet COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Timelines Universe Ironhide w/ weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Optimus Primal" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobody Roadbuster SEALED " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS KINGDOM WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY BLACKARCHNIA FIGURE NEW IN HAND." on EBAY