Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus

Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus

Thursday, April 26th, 2018 9:28am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 27,366

Ready for the latest fan-vote result to make it onto shelves? Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus is ready to make it at retail in the upcoming months! While this is not the first time we have seen the images, and you can head back here and here to confirm that, a new listing on online retailer Amazon.com has the same without a watermark, and some additional bio and packaging info about the toy.

We get to see the box, several of the Evolution mode (gorilla, empty shell, boarding gorilla, plus a single shot of the Optimus Primal inner robot. Check them out below!

Fan Vote Prime – character chosen by fans
Evolves from Deluxe Class Optimus Primal figure to Leader Class Optimal Optimus figure. Converts between 4 modes.
Works with Prime Master figures (Prime Master figures not included. Each sold separately. Subject to availability.)
Includes Leader Class Optimal Optimus figure with Evolution armor, Matrix of Leadership accessory, 2 accessories, collector card, and instructions.
Ages 8 and up

Optimus Primal was chosen by fans to bear the Matrix of Leadership in the first-ever Fan Vote Prime poll. When Optimus Primal becomes a Prime, he evolves to Optimal Optimus. Celebrate the fan-chosen Prime with this Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus figure. Use the included Evolution Armor to evolve the figure from a Deluxe Class Optimus Primal figure to a 9-inch-scale Leader Class Optimal Optimus figure. The included Matrix of Leadership accessory fits inside the Optimal Optimus figure's chest. Insert a Prime Master figure (not included, each sold separately, subject to availability) into the Matrix of Leadership accessory and imagine Optimal Optimus wields legendary power. Also features Mega-Blast Missile Cannons and a hoverboard accessory. Figure Specs: 4 Modes Evolves from Optimus Primal figure to Optimal Optimus figure in 18 steps Includes 3 accessories and a collectible character card Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.

Transformers News: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus

Credit(s): Amazon.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, April 26th, 2018 9:30am CDT

Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956328)
Posted by Coptur on April 26th, 2018 @ 9:43am CDT
I don't dislike it but I don't love it
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956334)
Posted by o.supreme on April 26th, 2018 @ 10:06am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Exactly! Some fans seem to have the memory of a goldfish sometimes. I swear this comes up every year. We had that last year too with people not believing that Titans Return would end so early with only 1 deluxe in the final wave. But it did, and then we got POTP. Same thing will happen again.

I think what is throwing some people is how early (late Novebmer) PotP wave 1 showed up in the US. But I think that had more to do with whatever distribution problems Hasbro had with TR waves 5 and 6.

Additionally PotP is the first of the new shorter brands (1 year) as opposed to CW which was a full 18 months/6 waves, and TR which also was almost 18 months, and had its 6th wave sadly cut short (Yes I know all we ever saw was a Slugslinger, however I think the idea to start annual rebranding was quite a while ago, Hasbro just didn't make it public until last year. The majority of the fan community was positive we'd see more TR revealed at SDCC in 2017, instead they showed PotP...) . T30 was a full 2 years almost, and had what...8 or 9 waves?

Having a 12 months cycle, shorter series, is going to take some getting used to, especially for some of us old fogies who don't like change ;) .
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956341)
Posted by Blitzwing is bae on April 26th, 2018 @ 10:24am CDT
Looks a little constipated in gorilla mode :shock: :shock: :shock:
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956343)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 26th, 2018 @ 10:42am CDT
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956344)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 26th, 2018 @ 10:42am CDT
I tried but I can't think of even one thing i like about that Optimal figure.
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956345)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2018 @ 10:45am CDT
The more I look at Primal, the less interested I am. I think I’ll just get the original to satisfy my Optimal Optimus needs.
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956362)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on April 26th, 2018 @ 12:45pm CDT
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956367)
Posted by Overcracker on April 26th, 2018 @ 1:15pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:It doesn't look like his guns will flip over his shoulder either, that's disappointing. I hope there are at least peg holes for it, cause those two guns combined into one in this case looks awful. It really feels like they didn't try

We've already seen the guns can point forward:

Also he looks really cool to me. I mean in what I expected the line gimmick to offer, and how the toys ae being made now, It's pretty good option.

At least its much better than the last time we got a new figure of that design.

That one didn't even get a correct monkey mode.
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956368)
Posted by Randomhero on April 26th, 2018 @ 1:27pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:I wish he didn't have the same arms in both modes. Looks a little lazy. The original Optimal Optimus had some difference in the arms at least.

...what?

Yes he did. You just rotated the elbows and flipped the thumbs. It’s the exact same gimmick In both toys. What are you on?
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956369)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 26th, 2018 @ 1:28pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I tried but I can't think of even one thing i like about that Optimal figure.

I've tried, but I can't think of even one thing I don't like about that Optimal Optimus figure. Seriously, I can't wait to have this guy in my collection.
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956371)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on April 26th, 2018 @ 1:35pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

...what?

There was a difference actually, the panels that cover the forearms in the original version, came off and attached to the shoulders for Robot Mode. It looks like they might be able to do that in this new toy based on the peg holes in the shoulders.

https://static.seibertron.com/images/to ... mus061.jpg

https://static.seibertron.com/images/to ... mus002.jpg

Sorry not sure how to get the image to view on it's own.
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956374)
Posted by Overcracker on April 26th, 2018 @ 1:54pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:

https://static.seibertron.com/images/to ... mus061.jpg

https://static.seibertron.com/images/to ... mus002.jpg

Sorry not sure how to get the image to view on it's own.

Surround the url with img tags. There's an img button you can use at the top of the full reply box.

[img]https://static.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/20/r_optimaloptimus002.jpg[/img ]

*left a space there before the last bracket so it would not parse the tags and show the img.

This is the result:
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956377)
Posted by william-james88 on April 26th, 2018 @ 2:22pm CDT
The arms do change from one mode to the next since the forearms guards in gorilla mode end up being repositioned as major shoulder pylons in robot mode.
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956389)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on April 26th, 2018 @ 3:13pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:

https://static.seibertron.com/images/to ... mus061.jpg

https://static.seibertron.com/images/to ... mus002.jpg

Sorry not sure how to get the image to view on it's own.

This is the result:

Thanks for the info, hopefully I'll remember it next time I want to post an image.
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956390)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 26th, 2018 @ 3:14pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Ok well enjoy. I just find it to be one of the ugliest Transformers figures I've ever seen (not this particular toy's fault but the original design). All the modes look hideous (that space ship mode is latter G1 levels of crud) and not helped by that awful colour scheme. Maybe it's just a Beast Wars fan thing of which I never was. Anyways that's just my opinion. Hope the figure does the job for you. :)
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956392)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 26th, 2018 @ 3:20pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

...what?

1524752715-op2.jpg

1524752715-op3.jpg

Am I...am I not seeing it? The arms look the same to me.
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956393)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2018 @ 3:22pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

...what?

1524752715-op2.jpg

1524752715-op3.jpg

Am I...am I not seeing it? The arms look the same to me.
That's because the photographer didn't detach the panels from the arms and attach them to the shoulders like on the original toy.

You can see them on the shoulders here:

Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956400)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 26th, 2018 @ 3:37pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

...what?

1524752715-op2.jpg

1524752715-op3.jpg

Am I...am I not seeing it? The arms look the same to me.

You can see them on the shoulders here:

Aha. That's better.
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956416)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 26th, 2018 @ 5:32pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
mordhelm wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:So you think WFC will be released early?

No, what he is saying is that releases are going to the normal schedule Hasbro adheres to in terms of wave releases:

Launch dates
PotP:
Wave 1: Dec 2017/Jan 2018
Wave 2: Mar/Apr 2018
Wave 3: Jun/Jul 2018
Wave 4: Sep/Oct 2018

WfC:
Wave 1: Dec 2018/Jan 2019

That's what I saying. POTP was found on shelves over a month before the expected release date. If they're going to hold firm with WFC, then there's going to be some time with no new product. I just figured they launch their other line to fill the gap.
Re: Better Quality Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1956447)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 26th, 2018 @ 8:32pm CDT
So far I am still convinced that Primal will be the best of the 3 leader molds. I am loving him and he is on the very short list once he's out

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY