Friday, April 20th, 2007 5:16am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Movie Related News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 25,916

Seibertron.com's WhiteRabbit spotted new updates from IDW regarding Transformers: Movie Prequel & Transformers: Movie Adaption.

Transformers: Movie Prequel #3 is presently out on the stands and #4 is due out on May 2nd. After the Prequel the four-part Transformers: Movie Adaptation will hit the stores in June.

Transformers: Movie Prequel comics have been selling like crazy. Issues #1 and #2 both sold out, #3 is in stores now, and issue 4 is coming your way soon, on May 2. So if you haven't picked up your copies yet, better get with it before the movie itself arrives!

Transformers: Movie Adaption: The release schedule for the comic book adaptation, courtesy of writer Kris Oprisko, artist Alex Milne, and colorist Josh Perez, is this:

• Issue #1: in stores on June 6
• Issue #2: in stores on June 13
• Issue #3: in stores on June 20
• Issue #4: in stores on June 27

That's right, you can have the entire story before the movie arrives. What's more, each issue of the comic book contains some bonus material not available in the TPB that will also be out in June. We're talking about material like interviews with Transformers movie producer Tom DeSanto, comic writer Kris Oprisko, and Hasbro Marketing Executive Michael Verrecchia, an inside look at the Transformers videogame from Activision, pull-out pin-ups, behind the scenes photos and character art, and more.

The Transformers: Movie Adaptation features wrap around covers. Check them out below:

Issue #1

Issue #2

Issue #3

Issue #4

Credit(s): IDW, WhiteRabbit

This article was last modified on Friday, April 20th, 2007 9:39am CDT

Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91674)
Posted by Kayevcee on April 20th, 2007 @ 5:57am CDT
Those covers look pretty good. Packed, but not over-busy, like a lot of Milne's work so long as he has a capable inker and colourist. A more vibrant colour palette might have helped the Decepticons stand apart, though. Make Blackout a wee bit more blue, Bonecrusher more sandy, Brawl more green etc.

-Nick
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91801)
Posted by jonusjaxon on April 20th, 2007 @ 8:01am CDT
I'm going to have to try really hard not to buy the new movie adaptation. I wanna be surprised (in a good way) when I see the movie at the theatre.
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91805)
Posted by Hairball178 on April 20th, 2007 @ 8:09am CDT
I didn't see this here, but here's something (and someONE) interesting about Infiltration #6:

Devastation

In the aftermath of Escalation's thundering showdown in Brasnya, factions on Earth stir into bold and demonstrative action. With both the Machination and Skywatch poised to strike, each possessing CYBERTRONIAN tech and inside knowledge of the alien enemy they face, the AUTOBOTS have no choice but to relocate. But the arrival on Earth of the DECEPTICONS' living super-weapon, SIXSHOT, promises only one thing... Devastation.

SIXSHOT??? With or without Terrorcons?

Written by Simon Furman with art by E.J. Su. Coming in September!
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91824)
Posted by Leonardo on April 20th, 2007 @ 8:46am CDT
That's what I was referring to above. I had expected Devastator to be the heavy artillery of "Devastation". Maybe I am of simple mind.
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91832)
Posted by Optimushide2005 on April 20th, 2007 @ 8:55am CDT
Now thats bitchin
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91840)
Posted by Ninja Sixshot on April 20th, 2007 @ 9:12am CDT
nice 8)
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91844)
Posted by Skowl on April 20th, 2007 @ 9:15am CDT
Those movie comic covers look cool, except some of the Transformers don't really look like themselves, namely Barricade, they got his head all wrong.

Still cool though. I absolutely adore Jazz everytime I see him, wether it's the CG model, the concept art, the toy or the art from the comic, he looks awesome.

Starscream, too - and I can't believe I'm saying this - is quickly becoming one of my favourite designs, the head especially has me completely sold.
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91845)
Posted by WhiteRabbit on April 20th, 2007 @ 9:16am CDT
Leonardo wrote:Did anything come out this weekend? It didn't, did it?

The most recent IDW release was Target 2006 #1 on Wed. the 18th.
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91851)
Posted by Seibertron on April 20th, 2007 @ 9:21am CDT
I added all 4 covers for the Movie Adaptation to the VSD:
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91875)
Posted by dragons on April 20th, 2007 @ 9:38am CDT
thats good i wont have to wait as long as i did with the prequel issues finally all are coming out in one month but im surprised usaly the movie adaptations come out after the film not before. covers look great beutiful colors and art cant wiat to see what the pages them selves look like.
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91884)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on April 20th, 2007 @ 9:51am CDT
Seibertron wrote:I added all 4 covers for the Movie Adaptation to the VSD:

I was going to do that this morning. Would have done it last night, but by the time I got home, I was too dirt faced tired.
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91914)
Posted by tech348 on April 20th, 2007 @ 10:11am CDT
At first I wasn't going to get these. But now I think I will.
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91976)
Posted by jgilkinson on April 20th, 2007 @ 11:49am CDT
isnt it funny how these designs work much better drawn. Still... Jazzs hand reminds me of one of those claw games that has all the stuffed toys in.
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (91993)
Posted by Hairball178 on April 20th, 2007 @ 12:09pm CDT
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (92036)
Posted by Shinobi Rendar on April 20th, 2007 @ 1:07pm CDT
The art on the movie adaptation looks awesome. Can't wait to get this. But i'm not going to open them until I see the movie.
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (92232)
Posted by Roboto750 on April 20th, 2007 @ 4:15pm CDT
I have to admit that I don't like the idea of the movie comics coming out a month before the movie at all! :-x It totally spoils the movie! Even if I don't read them, a ton of people will, and will probably post spoilers on here and everywhere. Guess I'll have to go into hiding once the first comic comes out, until Botcon is over.

I might pick them up, but I won't read them until I see the movie.
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (92428)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on April 20th, 2007 @ 8:01pm CDT
It dawned on me why i always liked the Decepticons and Predicons.

Besides the obvious urge to root for the bad guys, and the fact that they get to say way cooler stuff...

These pictures realy did a good job of bringing to the front the fact that they don't tend to have humans around unless they're being opressed or beaten.

It's just straight robot goodness with them!
Re: Big updates over at IDW! News / Previews for Movie comic, Devastation, and more. (92938)
Posted by Calvatron on April 21st, 2007 @ 9:16am CDT
Hairball178 wrote:I kept expecting Devastation to deal with Devastator also. I bet they'll have some kind of Spotlight issue down the road, that maybe they're out terraforming some alien planets to make them suitable for the Decepticon empire (kinda like Jhiaxus's Decepticons in G2). But that's wishful thinking.

I remember on a forum at the end of last year, Ryall did a Q &A. Of the dozens of questions asked, i believe someone asked if well will be getting comibiners, and i think his response was something like 'sometime in the period when devastation will be released'. I could be mixing this up with headmasters, but i don't think i am (it's hard to look that thread was some seventy pages long). But anyways this is when a lot of people (atleast me) started being sure devastation was going to include devastator. But i did ask ryall if Predaking would appear in 2007, and he said yes. Now he did say bludgeon would also be back, and he was in a prequal scene in the soundwave spotlight, but this has me thinking.

What if the reason sixshot shows up is that something happens to megatron? And since the predacons appeared to be a relatively high ranking group from their appearance in stormbringer, they showed up in the second half of devastation and predaking was the first gestault to come onto the scene? I couldn't think of anything more damaging besides trypticon, and it would make sense to call in a crack team when your leader's mia or down-n-out. Ryall did say there would be a casualty in escalation, we just all assumed it would be optimus.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro RICOCHET NIGHTSTICK Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series IX MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Headmaster Snapdragon Krunk" on EBAY
Buy "Scorponok Helmet Mask 1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Fasttrack Antenna Radar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok 1st Run & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Ironworks SEALED War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive & Wingspan Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle For Cybertron Quintesson Invasion Shockwave Prowl" on EBAY