Friday, December 30th, 2016 12:38pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 58,576

Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has shared the Imgur images by PoweredConvoy of the latest Takara Tomy Transformers Legends bios and accompanying comics for LG36 Soundwave, LG37 Ravage and Bullhorn, LG38 Laserbeak and Apeface, and LG39 Brainstorm. You can check them all out mirrored below, as we wait for a translation from Japanese!

Transformers News: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm

Credit(s): Imgur PoweredConvoy

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849651)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on December 30th, 2016 @ 12:50pm CST
Beautiful!
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849656)
Posted by Kurona on December 30th, 2016 @ 1:01pm CST

I'm also kind of starting to like the idea of everyone being a headmaster, much as you might like to hang me up at the stake for saying that. Seeing the small Megatron and Soundblaster interact with everyone among other things gives me a sort of appreciation for the idea of them being able to go human-sized.
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849678)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 30th, 2016 @ 2:11pm CST
I think it's time for the manga artist to take a cold shower. As if Wheelie's skirt-flipping antics aren't bad enough, Apeface just tears clothes off of the girls and we see Ai-chan bathing... again! :lol:
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849704)
Posted by Deadput on December 30th, 2016 @ 4:04pm CST
I see T-AI is still treated with dignity in these comics...
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849743)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 30th, 2016 @ 6:28pm CST
Deadput wrote:I see T-AI is still treated with dignity in these comics...

The Legend Universe workings. It's like a time warp to the 80s of anime with the indestructible bikini armors of that era. It's not gonna change for the sake of one or two oppositors of the vintage era.
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849747)
Posted by primalxconvoy on December 30th, 2016 @ 6:38pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:For those discussing the ability for the cab to be replaced and the cover for the bot mode chest, then, yes, the cab CAN be removed, just like Ultra magnus' can. Just like UM and PM OP, the cab front is covered by an additional chest. On Ginrai, it has the two extra "windows" on the side, and a faux Powermaster engine and cab front, too.

This is held in place by a (friction?) mounted joint at the bottom of the cover, which allows it to swivel forward and back to open it and close it during transformation. I am sure this will be replaced with either a new pice, or an additional pice. In either case, these pieces will house the new Hi-Q/Ginrai Powermaster mini-fig in engine mode. Currently, without this add-on kit, the Powermaster engine will be housed inside the existing cab in bot mode.

Hope this helps.

Oh cool I must have missed the bit that says the new cab would be a proper Powermaster. Ungh now I'm gonna have to somehow afford Ginrai and then save up for that Prime cab.

There are two add-on kits. One includes rear upper thigh-fillers (similar in function the UM upgrade kit), a new, full head (with LED eyes and hopefully a ball-joined neck) and a Powermaster version of Hi-Q/Ginrai. The SECOND kit includes the base cab robot, and possibly a super-mode robot chest/adaptor for Hi-Q's/Ginrai's engine mode (I hope this also works on the cab in alt mode). If you check the picture in the OP, it states that the first kit isn't included with the new cab.
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849810)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 31st, 2016 @ 1:27am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:

Oh ok. Just keeps getting more expensive then... :/
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849836)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 31st, 2016 @ 11:02am CST
Ginrai, Soundwave and brainstorm showed up today and overall I'm really happy with them.

Brainstorm is a great yet simple retool that gives him a totally new feel. Plus that face sculpt is incredible.

Soundwave is really cool and I love the changes from the Hasbro version. My only complaint is his tape door, while awesome looking, doesn't hold together very well.

And finally Ginrai. I was looking forward to him the most and if I'm being honest I'm kinda disappointed. While I have Ultra Magnus and kinda knew what to expect I was still hoping for more. Maybe it's because of all the hype leading up to his release that inflated my expectations. While he is nice and big he's got a few little things that put me off.

First and foremost his feet suckkkk. They're all fiddly and don't actually tab into anything. They don't feel complete and before the usual suspects come to defend them I know that's how they originally were and I know they are for the combination gimmick but that doesn't make them suck any less.

I also dislike the arm panels. The parts that fold up behind the forearm are fine but then there's that third panel that's longer than the rest of them that just sticks out. If they added another hinge or evened out the panels it would've been better.

Finally the new cab section. It looks great in pictures but it doesn't seem to hold together super well in hand. Maybe because the plastic is real thin it just slips easier or what but it never really sits flush.

All in all he's a good figure but he's not this perfect superior to Hasbro's version. I appreciate the changes but I think some of them could've been handled better.
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849847)
Posted by william-james88 on December 31st, 2016 @ 12:37pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote: First and foremost his feet suckkkk. They're all fiddly and don't actually tab into anything. They don't feel complete and before the usual suspects come to defend them I know that's how they originally were

Ah damn, thats really too bad. Many of us thought they would suck but we were at least hoping to be proven wrong, which has been a trend lately (like MP Ironhide). But here it ends up being what we thought it would be and thats too bad.

Also, those feet are very different from the original and a completely new take on it, the original was totally different and anyone who uses that to defend for this has no clue what the original looked like. This is a new take on the feet and a bad one at that. I am very sorry you arent happy with your purchase though, especially with how expensive he was.
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849849)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 31st, 2016 @ 12:52pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

I'm not totally dissatisfied with him but he definitely wasn't what I was expecting. As far as price goes though I paid $180 shipped for all three so while it's more than the Hasbro versions it's still $50 cheaper than buying off of like tfsource or something.
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849867)
Posted by Relic0037 on December 31st, 2016 @ 3:32pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I'm wondering how much the God Bomber add on will (hopefully) improve this figure. Of course, at the same time, for as much as he costs, Ginrai should be able to stand on his own as a good figure without it.
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849873)
Posted by Emerje on December 31st, 2016 @ 4:07pm CST
Kurona wrote:So clearly, the most interesting thing here is Frenzy (the blue one) using the Rewind mold. Seems they've got plans.

They also have Wilder there, presumably from the Fangry mold, so that could be a potential two-pack with Frenzy.

Emerje
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849875)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 31st, 2016 @ 4:17pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I should remind you all that the red one hasn't been released by TakaraTomy yet ;)
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849880)
Posted by Emerje on December 31st, 2016 @ 5:33pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Oh, that's right, they've only (just) released Laserbeak and Ravage for Decepticon tapes so far. But now that Soundwave is out maybe they'll work on the rest (along with Eject, Buzzsaw, and maybe Stripes)? Then again there are a lot of other Legends figures on the way they need to work on. Perhaps Legends scale two-packs?

You know, I'm surprised we still haven't seen blind box Headmasters yet similar to what we've seen with Microns and EZ Collection for all of the heads they haven't (and probably wont) released yet.

Emerje
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849882)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 31st, 2016 @ 5:52pm CST
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Or three-packs *hint hint*

We'll have to wait and see what they'll do with these skipped heads:

Grimlock
Flywheels
Lightfoot (Getaway)
Orion Pax
Gong (Brawn)
Alpha Trin
Cerebros (US)
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849896)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 31st, 2016 @ 6:53pm CST
Relic0037 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

First, just 1 feedback. If you've got one on the way, well you have to live with it purchase.

Second, no worries, Ginrai is all sold out if not on the way to being sold out. No need to spend on a clunker at secondary market prices.

Third. I have a feeling of deja vu like that of MP IH and Hotrodimus. Both were "awful" molds.

Also, here's Chick's reviews and be the judge.

chuck-s-reviews-transformers-legends-super-ginrai-p1849848.php#p1849848
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849900)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 31st, 2016 @ 7:03pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Relic0037 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Third. I have a feeling of dejavu like that of MP IH and Hotrodimus. Both were "awful" molds.

Never once did I say it was an awful mold. I simply made comments about how there are some problems with this mold so others have realistic expectations. Not everything Takara does is perfect.
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849901)
Posted by Emerje on December 31st, 2016 @ 7:05pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

We'll have to wait and see what they'll do with these skipped heads:

Grimlock
Flywheels
Lightfoot (Getaway)
Orion Pax
Gong (Brawn)
Alpha Trin
Cerebros (US)

To say nothing of the torrent of future Titan Masters from wave 4 and beyond. Takara Tomy would never be able to keep up with their scattered release schedule.

Emerje
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849908)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 31st, 2016 @ 7:30pm CST
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

We'll have to wait and see what they'll do with these skipped heads:

Grimlock
Flywheels
Lightfoot (Getaway)
Orion Pax
Gong (Brawn)
Alpha Trin
Cerebros (US)

That's why they skip ;)

Out of the future releases, I'm expecting these releases to be held back or skipped:

Titan Master Class
Sawback (until Shuffler and the rumored Trizer are released)
Brawn (see below)
Overboard (redeco? Skip!)

Legends Class
Roadburn (aka Chase, Freeway or Searchlight/Looklight, depending on who you ask)
Brawn (unless there's a pretooled Outback head in there)

Deluxe Class
Breakaway

Voyager Class
Optimus Prime (in favor of Octane/Octone)
Megatron (in favor of Blitzwing)
Re: Bios and Comics for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Brainstorm (1849909)
Posted by Kurona on December 31st, 2016 @ 7:39pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

We'll have to wait and see what they'll do with these skipped heads:

Grimlock
Flywheels
Lightfoot (Getaway)
Orion Pax
Gong (Brawn)
Alpha Trin
Cerebros (US)

That's why they skip ;)

Titan Master Class
Sawback (until Shuffler and the rumored Trizer are released)
Brawn (see below)
Overboard (redeco? Skip!)

Legends Class
Brawn (unless there's a pretooled Outback head in there)

Deluxe Class
Breakaway

Voyager Class
Optimus Prime (in favor of Octane/Octone)
Megatron (in favor of Blitzwing)

Wait, why would they skip Brawn?

In any case, yeah, I'd expect most redecoes to be skipped unless it's something that was a redeco originally like Rewind > Eject or Brawn > Outback. Everyone's saying 'wait on Takara's Megatron!!!' but I just don't see it happening.

I could also totally see them skipping Clobber. Maybe?

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Vintage Dinobot Deluxe Class for PARTS Raptor Pink Brown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 (Europe) Turbomasters: Flash" on EBAY
Buy "G.I. Joe vs Transformers TPB Snake Eyes Rare OOP Stomshadow Duke Scarlet Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Fall of Cybertron BLASTER & STEELJAW" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 90s Transformers Beast Wars Dinobot Raptor Dinosaur Figure ( Tail Only )" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege TRENCHFOOT Battle Masters Exclusive WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Soundblaster & Blaster Fall Of Cybertron Voyager MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Astrotrain Evil Triple Changer  Reissue Decepticon Action Figure" on EBAY