Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020

Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020

Sunday, May 19th, 2019 4:29pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 27,668

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Well the fans voted, and the results announced for the latest fan poll held on the Official Transformers Facebook page.

The result? It's a win for Blaster!

Transformers News: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020

This means that G1 Blaster will be making his way back to store shelves next year, but there's no word on if his cassettes will be joining him like Soundwave's joined him. If you want to take a look at the potential deco we could see again next year, click here to see Seibertron.com's own gallery of the original release of Blaster!

What release would you really like to see reissued? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Official Transformers Facebook Page


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2021988)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 19th, 2019 @ 4:56pm CDT
Wonder what the outcome might have been if the poll had been active for more than one day.
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2021992)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on May 19th, 2019 @ 5:55pm CDT
Oy Hasbro, If you're reading this, would you mind including Rewind this time?
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2021993)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on May 19th, 2019 @ 6:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Wonder what the outcome might have been if the poll had been active for more than one day.


When the poll had just started, the votes were 60ish% Blaster, but then slowly went down to 50ish+% near the end, only beating Skywarp by a smidge.

I can imagine Warp would have won had the poll been longer, but who knows
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2021994)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 19th, 2019 @ 6:33pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Wonder what the outcome might have been if the poll had been active for more than one day.


When the poll had just started, the votes were 60ish% Blaster, but then slowly went down to 50ish+% near the end, only beating Skywarp by a smidge.

I can imagine Warp would have won had the poll been longer, but who knows


Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Especially with the fact that Skywarp has had less reissues than Blaster.
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2021995)
Posted by Randomhero on May 19th, 2019 @ 6:36pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Oy Hasbro, If you're reading this, would you mind including Rewind this time?


Blaster didn’t come with cassettes and the whole thing about these releases are them coming with what they were released with and in their original packaging so no

Yes starscream came with a Megatron gun and Optimus his alternate rifles but those are small things that didn’t involve what would involve a transforming cassette. If sound waves cassettes are being released than it’s possible some of blasters will as well down the line
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2021998)
Posted by Lunarabbit on May 19th, 2019 @ 6:52pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:What release would you really like to see reissued?

It'll never happen (and we all know why), but Jetfire is far and away the one that I'd like to be rereleased.
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022000)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on May 19th, 2019 @ 6:59pm CDT
Lunarabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:What release would you really like to see reissued?

It'll never happen (and we all know why), but Jetfire is far and away the one that I'd like to be rereleased.


I'm with you on that one, but unless Harmony Gold can make peace with Takara, we won't see one for as long as we live >:oP

I really want a G1 Megatron reissue, but the likelihood of that happening is probably even less than Jetfire.

I would like some Headmasters, as I was looking through some for sale, and I feel bad for those who have lost the head over the years, because I am in awe that the head costs 10 times more than the rest of the figure. So some more readily available Headmasters would be nice.

What's the likelihood of a reissue of Liokaser?
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022002)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 19th, 2019 @ 7:15pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:What's the likelihood of a reissue of Liokaser?


YES PLEASE! But... do change Killbison's :twisted: Swirly Gold Plastic :twisted: to a similar flat color.
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022003)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on May 19th, 2019 @ 7:23pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Lunarabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:What release would you really like to see reissued?

It'll never happen (and we all know why), but Jetfire is far and away the one that I'd like to be rereleased.


I'm with you on that one, but unless Harmony Gold can make peace with Takara, we won't see one for as long as we live >:oP

I really want a G1 Megatron reissue, but the likelihood of that happening is probably even less than Jetfire.

I would like some Headmasters, as I was looking through some for sale, and I feel bad for those who have lost the head over the years, because I am in awe that the head costs 10 times more than the rest of the figure. So some more readily available Headmasters would be nice.

What's the likelihood of a reissue of Liokaser?


Perhaps it's less impossible than you think. Harmony Gold's time is running out on the license, and if it isn't given back to them then there's a chance so long as Takara could work things out with...Was it Takutoku who made the original Valkyrie mold?

Edit: I would love a Liokaiser resissue
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022009)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 19th, 2019 @ 9:18pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Lunarabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:What release would you really like to see reissued?

It'll never happen (and we all know why), but Jetfire is far and away the one that I'd like to be rereleased.


I'm with you on that one, but unless Harmony Gold can make peace with Takara, we won't see one for as long as we live >:oP

I really want a G1 Megatron reissue, but the likelihood of that happening is probably even less than Jetfire.

I would like some Headmasters, as I was looking through some for sale, and I feel bad for those who have lost the head over the years, because I am in awe that the head costs 10 times more than the rest of the figure. So some more readily available Headmasters would be nice.

What's the likelihood of a reissue of Liokaser?


Perhaps it's less impossible than you think. Harmony Gold's time is running out on the license, and if it isn't given back to them then there's a chance so long as Takara could work things out with...Was it Takutoku who made the original Valkyrie mold?


Takatoku Toys, which was bought out by Bandai in early 1984. Among its assets were the molds used for the Deluxe Insecticons, Roadbuster, Whirl and Jetfire. The fact they were from a different company originally, may have saved Bandai from getting in trouble for licensing to both Hasbro and Tonka.
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022032)
Posted by blackeyedprime on May 20th, 2019 @ 12:47am CDT
Harmony gold just keeps the name robotech from 2021, all the designs will have to be reimagines (ironically like battletech/mech warrior had to do) and if the redesigns look anything remotely like anything from FASAs redesigns HG will probably be sued :)
Would love a jet fire reissue and some of the toys that have had plastic problems or just plain rarities. It's a fair point hoping cassettes come with blaster as the reissues have proved so far, they can be straight up reissues (bumblebee animated head, optimus solo) and do not need exact replicas of the original packaging.
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022035)
Posted by Stargrave on May 20th, 2019 @ 12:59am CDT
I want to keep the forum on topic bit real quick if anyone is lost about any of that Harmony Gold Robotech craziness outside of what our awesome site members know (like the backs of their hands hell yeah!) I myself learned about the legal quagmires from the way funny Toy Galaxy YouTube series on it. Just if you’re curious, it’s certainly complex...or convoluted either would probably fit there. :lol:
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022037)
Posted by Emerje on May 20th, 2019 @ 1:02am CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Perhaps it's less impossible than you think. Harmony Gold's time is running out on the license, and if it isn't given back to them then there's a chance so long as Takara could work things out with...Was it Takutoku who made the original Valkyrie mold?

Harmony Gold wont get the license back. They've been holding it hostage for a long time and Japanese courts don't recognize it (Tatsunoko Productions gave HG the rights, but they didn't have the right to do so at the time, that was Studio Nue), but US Courts upheld their rights anyway. Big West Frontier actually owns most of the individual character likenesses in Robotech (most anime is created by multi-company committees with different jobs like character designs, mechanical designs, animation, music and so on), 41 according to Wikipedia, and HG didn't get those rights from the courts so they're already losing their grasp. They're keeping their rights until 2021 and I would really be surprised if Hasbro didn't snap it up since there's a lot they can do with it (toys, movies, cartoons, etc) which has to be enticing to all of the Japanese rights holders. Unfortunately Harmony Gold does own all of the Macross (et al) trademarks which expire in 2022 and there's really nothing stopping them from renewing them another 10 years.

Hasbro still can't make a Jetfire G1 reissue, and probably never will without working with Bandai, but if they got their hands on the Macross/Robotech rights they could make a new figure that's very, very close to it, more so than what we've gotten in recent years.

Emerje
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022039)
Posted by Stargrave on May 20th, 2019 @ 1:13am CDT
Dang, you just got Merjed!

I’m sorry I couldn’t help m’self. Serious nerdknowhow.
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022056)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 20th, 2019 @ 8:57am CDT
How about a G1 Reflector reissue?
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022060)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on May 20th, 2019 @ 10:37am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:How about a G1 Reflector reissue?


Let's get Siege Reflector Refraktor first, cowboy :-P
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022063)
Posted by Stargrave on May 20th, 2019 @ 11:09am CDT
I don’t know Prime now I’m thinking of a Reflector three pack all G1 styled...ohhhh man, on the shelf when it was only ever a mail away...fanboy sense tingling...
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022065)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 20th, 2019 @ 11:20am CDT
Reflector would be an interesting choice, and before long they will have to make some bold choices if they want to keep up the reissues...Special Teams anyone? A reissue Abominus? Reissue Computron?
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022125)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 20th, 2019 @ 6:42pm CDT
Geez, those options were so original.

you know what would be cooler? How about a G1 reissue of the scramble teams. Like a Defensor or Computron.

Or how about someone like Trailbreaker, Hoist, Inferno, Artfire, Magnus, Sixshot, or even some headmasters. Get us away from the seeker mold and the 84 cast and let's get some more variety on there
Re: Blaster Wins Fan Poll To Become Latest Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue For Release in 2020 (2022155)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 20th, 2019 @ 8:47pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:I don’t know Prime now I’m thinking of a Reflector three pack all G1 styled...ohhhh man, on the shelf when it was only ever a mail away...fanboy sense tingling...


I think the molds were lost

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-37 Ravage & Bullhorn" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY