Bob Budiansky to make rare Convenention Appearance

Bob Budiansky to make rare Convenention Appearance

Friday, October 24th, 2008 9:10pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, People News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 17,556

While the New York Comic Con runs from February 6-8 2009, Bob Budiansky will only be appearing on Saturday February the 7th.

Budiansky was responsible for writing most of the Marvel G1 Transformers comic issues from #3 to #55.

Also appearing at New York Comic Con 2009 will be Marvel G1 Transformers artist Herb Trimpe, who was responsible for the art is issues #11, #12 and #20, as well as providing numerous covers.
Herb Trimpe will be at the New York Comic Con 2009 for the duration of the event.

Credit(s): comicbook-art.com

Re: Bob Budiansky to make rare Convenention Appearance (821471)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 24th, 2008 @ 9:51pm CDT
I'd love to meet Bob, but I can't go.
I have, however, met Herb Trimpe. The man is so humble and nice. Next time he's in MTL I'm gonna have to get him to do a TF piece for me (last time I got a Wolverine sketch from him, cause he drew Wolverine in his first appearance in Hulk 181)
Re: Bob Budiansky to make rare Convenention Appearance (821481)
Posted by 1337W422102 on October 24th, 2008 @ 10:27pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:I'd love to meet Bob, but I can't go.

Holy crap! You're from Montreal, too? Awesome.
I met Herb Trimpe at the Comicon too, it was really nice talking to him. You're right, he was very humble. I spoke to him about his September 11 book, and other comic stuff. He signed GI Joe: Order of Battle #1 and GI Joe and the Transformers #1 for me! I really felt glad to shake his hand.

I'd love to meet Bob Budiansky, and thank him too.
Re: Bob Budiansky to make rare Convenention Appearance (821492)
Posted by dragons on October 24th, 2008 @ 11:02pm CDT
i knwo i complain about hitts alot but becasue it sucks alot i only been to one convention and i woud nt really call it a convention it was at a hotel first floor with 2 atirsts and drawing contsests it wasnt very big or croweded my first and last one ibeen ot we onyl car shows where i live.

congrats on the poeple who get tot go conventions and meet the him i got the orignal issuse of 181 hulk
Re: Bob Budiansky to make rare Convenention Appearance (821530)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 25th, 2008 @ 12:39am CDT
1337W422102 wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:I'd love to meet Bob, but I can't go.

Holy crap! You're from Montreal, too? Awesome.

I'd love to meet Bob Budiansky, and thank him too.

I don't live in Montreal. I'm from an off-island town called Hudson. I do, however, go to school at Concordia and spend most of my time in Montreal as a side effect of that. I know the guys that put on the Comicon. As I hear it, we're going to have another one in early december, unless things change.
Re: Bob Budiansky to make rare Convenention Appearance (821885)
Posted by 1337W422102 on October 25th, 2008 @ 4:12pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:I'd love to meet Bob, but I can't go.

Holy crap! You're from Montreal, too? Awesome.

I'd love to meet Bob Budiansky, and thank him too.

Thanks for the information. I'll keep an eye on the Montreal Comicon site!
Re: Bob Budiansky to make rare Convenention Appearance (821976)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 25th, 2008 @ 6:20pm CDT
Re: Bob Budiansky to make rare Convenention Appearance (821996)
Posted by 1337W422102 on October 25th, 2008 @ 6:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:where is this info you speak of? I'm clickingthe provided link and it takes me to a page containing only biographical information. I don't see anything that says he'll be appearing at any event.

"For more information on Bob, please visit http://www.comicbook-art.com/bobbudiansky.htm" Did you read the sentence the link was part of? ;;)
Re: Bob Budiansky to make rare Convenention Appearance (822038)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 25th, 2008 @ 8:41pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:

I didn't click the "View User Comments" link. The sentence the link is in in the news section says, "With thanks to comicbook-art.com, we can announce that long time writer for the Generation 1 Marvel Comic series Bob Budiansky will be making an appearance at the 2009 New York Comic Con." That sentence makes it sound like the link would take us to the page that tells us that he's appearing there. It's a little misleading.
Re: Bob Budiansky to make rare Convenention Appearance (822857)
Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 on October 27th, 2008 @ 12:58am CDT
comicbook-art.com wrote:
Bob was the writer of Transformers starting in issue #5 and wrote every issue except for 3 up until issue #55.

He was also the co-writter and editor of the first 4 issues not to mention he wrote 90% of the toy bios.

comicbook-art.com wrote: Several of the characters he created were later put into the toy line.

Like who??????

Granted he created most of the character profiles but the toys from the first 2 years pre-exsisted for about 4 years before Hasbro or Marvel ever saw them.

By the way, thanks for the heads up.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS RISE OF THE DECEPTICONS # 24 OCT 2020 NEW COVER A" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Autobot TAILGATE and GROUNDBUSTER" on EBAY
Buy "1985 SCRAPPER G1 TAKARA TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCTICON (DEVASTATOR) HASBRO DECPTICON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Western Star 5700XE Jada" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action figures - Brand new sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Battle Masters Siege War CALIBURST Takara Tomy B" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Thunderhowl Figure 2021 MOC Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.I.D Firebot Dive Bomb & Instructions Evacuate Override Buzzsaw…" on EBAY