BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now!

BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now!

Monday, July 16th, 2007 11:03am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 14,585

BotCon 2007 has come and gone. However, Seibertron has been hard at work putting together galleries of this years exclusive figures. The first gallery to be completed is BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage. There are 70 high quality images of Mirage for your viewing pleasure. One you are done checking out Mirage do not forget to check out the rest of the galleries in the Seibertron.com's Toy Galleries in the Seibertron.com Toy Section.

Credit(s): Seibertron

Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224439)
Posted by Flashwave on July 16th, 2007 @ 11:13am CDT
It's a nice attempt they made for the fig
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224454)
Posted by Skowl on July 16th, 2007 @ 11:20am CDT
Very nice! A great variant for a collection!

I still think Classics Mirage is one of the best Transformers toys ever made.
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224541)
Posted by Bug_Byte on July 16th, 2007 @ 12:00pm CDT
I just wish he had some sort of paint app.
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224554)
Posted by City Commander on July 16th, 2007 @ 12:06pm CDT
See, this is a fair exclusive. Brill, you want to own it, but it won't kill you if you don't.

Talk about beating a dead horse...:P
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224573)
Posted by Ramrider on July 16th, 2007 @ 12:16pm CDT
Looks nice. Can't understand why they didn't just do him clear, though. I don't know about anyone else, but I think I'd be able to easily spot a transparent patch of blue moving around my HQ...
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224587)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 16th, 2007 @ 12:28pm CDT
Bug_Byte wrote:I just wish he had some sort of paint app.

Why?...
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224625)
Posted by waaaaghlord on July 16th, 2007 @ 12:47pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Bug_Byte wrote:I just wish he had some sort of paint app.

Why?...

Actually I've got to agree. Since they ended up doing him in a mix of clear and solid blue rather than all clear or a mix of clear and clear blue plastic I don't think he's a convincing 'invisible' figure. The only extra detail on him's the rubsign that stands out like a sore thumb. With mine I'm tryimg to figure out a way of putting a white Autobot logo on his leg and some sort of 'frosting' effect in white over most of the areas that are blue on the original. I could handle him being plain if he was more transparent, I just think that with the blue they used he needs a little something else.
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224650)
Posted by soundwave13c on July 16th, 2007 @ 12:59pm CDT
i got to one of those
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224659)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 16th, 2007 @ 1:03pm CDT
soundwave13c wrote:i got to one of those

$80 and a visit to eBay will achieve all your goals!

Go for a win!
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224753)
Posted by Massdestruction on July 16th, 2007 @ 1:50pm CDT

Ramrider wrote:Looks nice. Can't understand why they didn't just do him clear, though.

I kinda wish he could have been clear instead of blue too, but then the regular plastic parts would seem out of place. I think the regular plastic pices were necessary in the high stress areas since the transparent plastic is somewhat fragile. So all blue was probably for the best. After all look at how awful BT-18 looks with the clear plastic and the black and blue regualr plastics.
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224755)
Posted by Seibertron on July 16th, 2007 @ 1:50pm CDT
I would've have liked the figure a lot better if it had been done like the Robot Heroes Mirage, except with a translucent white instead of regular white.

But you know what? For a 100% free figure that the fine folks at BotCon/Master Collector don't even need to do for us, I really can't complain. I had fun playing around with the lighting while doing the gallery of this figure so I'll take it for what it is. A free bonus figure thanking me for coming to BotCon 2007. I'd much rather see the free figure be something like this than a figure like Flamewar (Botcon 2005 Arcee repaint) or Tigatron (BotCon 2006) that is a must-have to complete a set or collection. Of course, that would also blow my whole theory about why it's an incredibly great idea to have extremely desirable figures be exclusives at the convention (i.e. to get people to actually go! it's a brilliant marketing strategy regardless if you like it or not).
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224785)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 16th, 2007 @ 2:05pm CDT
Massdestruction wrote:I feel this Mirage was a good addition to the boxed set. When you think of the theme "Games of Deception", Mirage''s invisibility makes him a perfect player in the games. Also, why should Japan be the only ones to get an invisible Mirage (Binaltech BT-18).

Agreed.

That BT looks like crap. :(
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224810)
Posted by ChromedomeMK2 on July 16th, 2007 @ 2:19pm CDT
A great variant for a collection but already have a regular release Classic Mirage.
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224844)
Posted by 1337W422102 on July 16th, 2007 @ 2:32pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (224952)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 16th, 2007 @ 3:21pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:Ryan, man, you should have taken some photos of the Classics Decepticons going about their business, unaware of Mirage lurking in the background or something. That would have been funny!

I thought that too.

Or Dreadwind putting a gun to his head.

'gotchabitch!'
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (225193)
Posted by fabiobasile on July 16th, 2007 @ 5:32pm CDT
it's perfect... except for the wheels, they need to be made of rubber.
Re: BotCon 2007 Attendee Exclusive Mirage Photogallery Online Now! (225688)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 16th, 2007 @ 9:17pm CDT
Mirage is hot! I like him way better than the clear Alt version.

I posted some links abot the BotCon toys in a forum some time ago, but whatever, they look way better here!

Now give me TerrorGator

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY