Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed

Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed

Monday, April 30th, 2007 5:09pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 15,784

Our own diablien has informed us that the latest BotCon exlusive figure has been revealed. The fourth figure in the BotCon exclusive five figure box set has been revealed on BotCon.com. The fourth figure is a BugBite! BugBite is a white repaint of Classics Bumblebee. Check out the first images of BugBite by clicking here.

Credit(s): diablien and BotCon.com

Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104505)
Posted by Asderiphel on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:15pm CDT
(*obligatory redundant Botcon seekers argument here*)

oh, wait.

Who wants to bet this guy comes screaming out of the Botcon set commanding a hefty $15-20 price tag wherever he goes? $10? Maybe?

I was really hoping for a purple helmet and remolded face. Without either, this guy bores me.

EDIT: I don't know about anybody else, but when I look at Bugbite, I hear the "One of these kids is not like the others" song from Sesame Street.
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104513)
Posted by Hotrod on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:17pm CDT
Front paged and credited!
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104525)
Posted by Skowl on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:20pm CDT
I seen this one coming, I just didn't think it would look this good!

I think this is the only one of the set I actually care for, mainly because it's not a character we've seen done to death like the seeker repaints.

Love the purple decals!
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104529)
Posted by General Magnus on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:21pm CDT
i´m starting to think the best Botcon exclusies were the Beast Machines and Beast War ones
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104536)
Posted by CyberTooth on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:23pm CDT
Well it turned out better than I would've figured. At least it's not a solid white figure. Still not who I would've chosen to command the Strongest of the Decepticons, though his quote suggests some sort of mind control is at play.
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104540)
Posted by Starscream on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:24pm CDT
it's not bad, but I was hoping it wasn't this obvious. Now is Dreadwind going to be another seeker or jetfire?? I thought seeker before but now my money is on Jetfire!
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104551)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:31pm CDT
Predictable, albeit, but it is a nice exclusive. I was thinking it was going to be just plain white, but the tribal symbols are a really nice touch.
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104554)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:33pm CDT
Those ricer lines turn me off. Not digging them.
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104558)
Posted by CyberTooth on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:35pm CDT

Now then... which classics molds have they yet to reuse for the "must be there to spend too much money on" exclusives? I suppose they'll most likely be Autobots though to maybe balance things back out.
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104573)
Posted by Redimus on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:41pm CDT
Well I think that's a damn spiffy looking paint job.

Shame I wont be getting him...
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104580)
Posted by Ultra Prime on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:43pm CDT
I happen to like it. Alot of long time collectors knew that when the Botcon registration form said Bugbite as one of the characters it would be a Bumblebee repaint. This being no suprise he looks really cool in my book.

I'm on the Dreadwing/Dreadwind = Jetfire bandwagon myself. It would certainly fit appropriately with the Decepticon airforce and rumor of one of the exclusives being a voyager size figure.

If Dreadwing is the Jetfire mold then that might make it up to some people for the absolutely crappy distribution of Jetfire. Of course I have Jetfire so that would be sinply a bonus for me! :grin:

Anyways Bubite looks awesome in my book! ;)^
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104584)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:45pm CDT
One reprolabel Decepticon insignia on the roof and he will be set! :grin:
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104591)
Posted by Ultra Prime on April 30th, 2007 @ 5:47pm CDT
CyberTooth wrote:I would say a Jetfire repaint is likely. There's yet to be 20 buck [retail] figure in the lot.

Grimlock, Mirage, Hotrod, Astrotrain & Megs have not gotten the repaint treatment yet (Assuming Dreadwing is the Jetfire mold). So the question is will any of those figures be the mystery figure(s)? Or will folks lucky enough to be able to go get treated to a real suprise and end up with Classics Sunstorm? :-?
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104613)
Posted by Redimus on April 30th, 2007 @ 6:00pm CDT
Ultra Prime wrote:

How would sunstorm be counted as a treat?
He's not even a real charecter.
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104614)
Posted by TheMuffin on April 30th, 2007 @ 6:00pm CDT
lol. That might be one of the most horrible looking figures I've ever seen.
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104615)
Posted by Kayevcee on April 30th, 2007 @ 6:01pm CDT
I have already made my feelings clear on the potential existence of a Botcon Sunstorm and what I will do to everyone involved in its production, so I'll not repeat it here.

Bugbite looks excellent! He's the first one of the bunch I'm tempted to keep. Fear the evil hatchback!

-Nick
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104621)
Posted by muswp1 on April 30th, 2007 @ 6:04pm CDT
Not suprised and not interested.
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104624)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 30th, 2007 @ 6:06pm CDT
Pearl white?

Interesting...
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104627)
Posted by CyberTooth on April 30th, 2007 @ 6:08pm CDT
So many great characters out there and everyone wants Sunstorms and Nemesis Primes.

I had my own train of thought but it died when I ran outta molds. Nothing new I suspect.

Prime-Motormaster
Mirage-Dragstrip
Hotrod-Breakdown
But as I said, I ran dry at Deadend and Wildrider.
And besides, if they don't combine they really lose their charm.
Re: Botcon 2007 Exclusive BugBite Revealed (104628)
Posted by Byrerprime on April 30th, 2007 @ 6:08pm CDT
Caelus wrote:(The) rest of the body should be the same color as the head.

It looks like his body is molded in white, but his head in another color and then white paint applied.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Megatronus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Liege Maximo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series SS-22 Dropkick Bumblebee Movie Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 52 Deluxe Chromia, Arcee, and Elita-1 Figures NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Netflix WFC Deluxe Class Elita-1 Walmart Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Mini-cons Night Rescue Divebomb Strongarm Firebot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers prime beast hunters blight blot" on EBAY
Buy "New Sealed Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Cogman 2016" on EBAY