BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday)

BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday)

Saturday, May 30th, 2009 10:46am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 54,314

There's so many pics from Hasbro's display area on Friday that we don't have time to group them into proper categories. (Sounds like something Ultra Magnus would say, huh?) There're over 500 photos of Transformers bliss covering everything from a couple of new TFA items to new FABs to ROTF Voyagers, Deluxes and a whole slew of other incredible figures. To view the full gallery, click here. Here're some highlights by class size or series ...

Devastator Combiner Set

BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday)

ROTF Fast Action Battlers

BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday)

Transformers Animated

BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday)

ROTF Legends Class figures

BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday)

Walmart and Target Exclusives

BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday)

ROTF Voyager Class

BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday)

ROTF Deluxe Class

BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday)

ROTF Scout Class

BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday)

There's also a whole lot more, but you'll have to look through the main Hasbro Display Area gallery for the rest of the pics.

Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (928935)
Posted by Mkall on May 30th, 2009 @ 11:08am CDT
Oh cool! Is that Hardhead?

I wonder who that Silverbolt Repaint is?

Yay for Universe!
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (928949)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 30th, 2009 @ 11:45am CDT
When and where are we getting the Powerglide repaint???????? Now I don't feel so bad for skipping the Japanese version!
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (928964)
Posted by Overcracker on May 30th, 2009 @ 12:16pm CDT
Sideswipe's Repaint Swerve is looking great. Even though I loathe the feet on the mold the color alone will make me buy it.

Jolt looks fairly interesting though the Robot mode looks somewhat mistrasnformed.

Deadend looks really cool in Black and arterial red.
But I'll wait to see him in person before I decide.
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (928968)
Posted by Omega Charge on May 30th, 2009 @ 12:23pm CDT
Once again, Seibertron's pics > all. That Silverbolt repaint looks slick!
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (928984)
Posted by Hard Hacker on May 30th, 2009 @ 12:51pm CDT
Those Classics/Universe redecos look great.

Shame about the exclusive part at the end...
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (928990)
Posted by Overcracker on May 30th, 2009 @ 12:58pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (928991)
Posted by Firebird on May 30th, 2009 @ 12:59pm CDT
Hardhead's shield looks great. The kill marks are a nice touch.
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (928995)
Posted by Rodentus Prime on May 30th, 2009 @ 1:06pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Oh cool! Is that Hardhead?

I wonder who that Silverbolt Repaint is?

G2 Skyjack - but he's being called Skyfall.
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (929004)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 30th, 2009 @ 1:19pm CDT
Who's that Gray TFA Jazz suposed to be?
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (929006)
Posted by Vega on May 30th, 2009 @ 1:20pm CDT
After seeing Chromia and Arcee properly transformed, they've kind of grown on me. I'm interested to see the third bike and the combined mode.

Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (929007)
Posted by Powersa on May 30th, 2009 @ 1:24pm CDT
Nice pics. Like the Universe Ultra repaints, Powerglide should be interesting.
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (929008)
Posted by Mkall on May 30th, 2009 @ 1:27pm CDT
Rodentus Prime wrote:
Mkall wrote:Oh cool! Is that Hardhead?

I wonder who that Silverbolt Repaint is?

G2 Skyjack - but he's being called Skyfall.

VERY cool!
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (929020)
Posted by nilocomic on May 30th, 2009 @ 1:45pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (929026)
Posted by Seibertron on May 30th, 2009 @ 2:01pm CDT
nilocomic wrote:Great photos, Seibertron! You always take the clearest shots at this convention. Thanks a lot for doing it! :D

No problem! I'm glad that all of you enjoy my photographs. It sure is a lot of work ... I'm exhausted and have a long day ahead of me.

Coming up at 1pm Pacific is the Hasbro panel. I'll be taking notes on my laptop for all of you and will post the news as soon as I can.
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (929057)
Posted by Autobot13 on May 30th, 2009 @ 2:59pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (929068)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 30th, 2009 @ 3:39pm CDT
Very cool.
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (929075)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2009 @ 3:51pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:I have a question: What's the deal with the Legends Class Baby Blue Brawl there? Not even Artic Camo. Just light pastel baby blue.
That's ROTF Legends Tankor.

Dead Metal wrote:Who's that Gray TFA Jazz suposed to be?
Freeway Jazz

Autobot13 wrote:what? they can make a red sideswipe repaint (who hasnt even been seen onscreen yet) but not a movie veteran like ironhide? srsly? WTF!?!?!?!?
He's red as a FAB and a Legends figure:

Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (929088)
Posted by Valandar on May 30th, 2009 @ 4:25pm CDT
Observations from your gallery:

1 ) Even as a Legends class, Sideswipe looks effin' awesome, probably one of the best looking designs of the movie series to date.

2 ) Blazemaster Rawks! I have a soft spot for realistic helicopters that have a decent robot mode.

3 ) Depth Charge looks better than I expected from the original preview pics

4 ) I can do without Scalpel, but Ejector has become a MUST-HAVE.

Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (929097)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on May 30th, 2009 @ 4:51pm CDT
Rodentus Prime wrote:
Mkall wrote:Oh cool! Is that Hardhead?

I wonder who that Silverbolt Repaint is?

G2 Skyjack - but he's being called Skyfall.

I was hoping he was Roadbuster
Re: BotCon 2009: Hasbro's Display Area (Friday) (929116)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2009 @ 5:35pm CDT
Valandar wrote:5 ) And Devastator looks larger than I had expected... after some of the previous photos, I was expecting him to be about Primus-Sized, but half again wider. Now he looks about a third again larger than that.
It's been said constantly that he's going to be 2 feet tall.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Mastermind Creations Reformatted Commotus R-14 3rd Party Transformers Turmoil" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O Mirage 31145 new sealed unopened kreo kreon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Scout Class WindBlade 4" Figure NEW Turbine Thrash" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Knock Out New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Night Shadow Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Class Shockwave Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Brushfire" on EBAY