BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced

BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced

Saturday, May 30th, 2009 5:29pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 20,047

Not much to say in this news post other than the next Club exclusive figure along the lines of Astrotrain, Airrazor, Nightbeat and the Seacons will be none other than PUNCH/COUNTERPUNCH which will utilize the Universe Sideswipe/Sunstreaker mold. For those of you who don't know who this character is, check out the Seibertron.com gallery of the original G1 Punch/Counterpunch figure by clicking here.

BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced

BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced

BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced

Credit(s): Counterpunch

Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929117)
Posted by Mkall on May 30th, 2009 @ 5:39pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929118)
Posted by Skice on May 30th, 2009 @ 5:42pm CDT
:shock:
*maniacal laughter set's in*
=P~
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929119)
Posted by HighPrime on May 30th, 2009 @ 5:45pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Well, that'll be an interesting figure to see how they pull it off. I may have to get 2

Jin already did this (http://forums.tformers.com/talk/index.p ... &album=266) with amazing results. Really looking forward to TFCC's take. I may pick up 2, as well. :grin:
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929123)
Posted by Burn on May 30th, 2009 @ 5:53pm CDT
Gee, how many people said "That would make a great Punch/Counterpunch mold" when Sunstreaker was first released and they discovered his different transformations (which lead to Sideswipe).

No suprise there really.
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929135)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 30th, 2009 @ 6:06pm CDT
This is frakkin' great! I can't wait.
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929147)
Posted by Blurrz on May 30th, 2009 @ 6:25pm CDT
Haha, this is funny. A friend of mine was complaining about how Sunstreaker/Sideswipe have been fan-repainted 24/7 into Punch/Counterpunch.
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929158)
Posted by Firebird on May 30th, 2009 @ 6:36pm CDT

My thoughts as well. One for the Decepticon shelf and the other for the Autobot display.
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929164)
Posted by Powersa on May 30th, 2009 @ 6:42pm CDT
They got my $40.
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929171)
Posted by Diem on May 30th, 2009 @ 7:00pm CDT
Hmmm.

Usually I admire Jin Saotome's work but I wasn't too fond of his CounterSideStreakerPunch. If the roof of the car needs to be a different colour to the bonnet and one is blue and the other yellowy-orange it's hard to do without looking tacky.

If anyone has seen/made a good custom of this please let me know, I'd love to be proved wrong.
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929182)
Posted by zodconvoy on May 30th, 2009 @ 7:28pm CDT
Diem wrote:Hmmm.

Weell, I when I was making mine I did the car entirely blue with the windshield and windows schoolbus yellow. It really worked out well. But I couldn't get the sliding faceplate to work so its sat in its tuperware container for a year or so now.

Still, the coloration can work with an all blue car.
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929188)
Posted by Diem on May 30th, 2009 @ 7:38pm CDT
zodconvoy wrote:
Diem wrote:Hmmm.

Still, the coloration can work with an all blue car.

Actually i was thinking about this since my last post and I think it would look better (albeit far less G1 accurate) with racing sponsor stickers; that would help justify the two-tone colour scheme.

CP is a pretty cool character though. If he looks good I may just join the club.
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929197)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 30th, 2009 @ 7:56pm CDT
OMG :!: I can see that happening. That's gonna be awesome, can't wait to see how it. :APPLAUSE:
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929201)
Posted by Rijie on May 30th, 2009 @ 7:59pm CDT
Sweet. I love the Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold, it's good to see them taking this opportunity to give us a Classic double-alliance Exclusive. Bravo!
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929208)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 30th, 2009 @ 8:08pm CDT
Somewhere in Cali I can hear Counter Punch Cackling to himself. If this is done right, meaning the effort is there on Hasbro's part, this could be a great figure.
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929237)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 30th, 2009 @ 9:11pm CDT
I've been hoping for this for a good while. Just thankful it is a club, and not convention, exclusive.
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929241)
Posted by rpetras on May 30th, 2009 @ 9:18pm CDT
Sabrina Ng did a sweet version of the character(s).

You can find her stuff on flicker here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28208106@N ... otostream/
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929266)
Posted by MagnusPrimal on May 30th, 2009 @ 10:03pm CDT
Not a bad choice. Many fans have been asking for this since the mold debuted.
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929282)
Posted by Covenant on May 30th, 2009 @ 10:30pm CDT
Oh. HELL. YEAH!!
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929285)
Posted by robofreak on May 30th, 2009 @ 10:40pm CDT
So is Counterpunch going to buy himself?
Re: BotCon 2009: next club exclusive figure just announced (929325)
Posted by zodconvoy on May 30th, 2009 @ 11:39pm CDT
robofreak wrote:So is Counterpunch going to buy himself?

No, he's going to buy two of himself. One for each factions display! :grin: Just kidding, but I'd imagine he's happier than a pig in... well, he's just happy!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Rescue Bots: Meet Boulder the Construction-Bot Annie Auerbach" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY