Thursday, April 15th, 2010 8:15pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Press Releases
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 61,285

And here it is! The brochure for the 2010 Botcon in Orlando, Florida is now live! You can check it out here.

Important information, including the cast of the five figure Convention box set has been revealed. Set cost is $305 for club members, $375 for non-members.

At Botcon 2010, an Autobot will step forward to lead this NEW Generation! The Autobot SPARK, as he is called by the closest to him, was the first in this new Generation. Alongside SPARK is the Protectobot STREETWISE who doesn't know when to quit. He has definitely received an upgrade from Generation 1 including an all new color scheme!

Not to be outdone, the Decepticons have their own "next generation" as well led by CLENCH, a con with an outlaw attitude, and with Stunticon help from the always suspicious BREAKDOWN. The Decepticons are ready to take the war to a whole new level! And now, they have found just the robot to help them do it!

The Predacon General SKYBYTE has discovered a way to refine a mysterious substance known as Forestonite. By itself, the substance is harmless. But SKYBYTE has found a way to manipulate its properties, and the Decepticons are all to eager to use it on... themselves? What does this substance do and what effects will it have on Transformers? All will be revealed this summer at Botcon 2010.

Don't miss out on the all-new 2010 convention set Generation 2 - Redux!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Fun Publications, Counterpunch

This article was last modified on Saturday, April 17th, 2010 11:10am CDT

Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1064997)
Posted by vegetacron on April 15th, 2010 @ 8:30pm CDT
Awesome. I hope this comes back around to the Massachusetts/New England area sometime in the next few years.
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1064998)
Posted by LiKwid on April 15th, 2010 @ 8:32pm CDT
Finally some INFORMATION!!!!!!!!

Bravo Cp...I forsee a cold beverage in your future!!!
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065009)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 15th, 2010 @ 9:26pm CDT

And what about the dinner? Is that free or not?
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065011)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 15th, 2010 @ 9:30pm CDT
Ha Ha! I knew Clench was gonna be one of the exclusives.

Somebody suggested that, most likely, the Onslaught mold will be used.
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065017)
Posted by It Is Him on April 15th, 2010 @ 9:51pm CDT
Glad the order forms aren't up. That leaves me time to think about which ticket to get - the one with the toy set or not. :-?
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065018)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 15th, 2010 @ 9:52pm CDT
Yeah, if Clench-lossus isn't Onslaught, I can't think of any recent mold that would make sense, since they certainly won't do another 'con repaint of Classics Optimus.

Though if Animated molds were allowed to bleed in, Bulkhead would fit the bill, or Ultra Magnus, whose vehicle mode seems likely inspired by the original Pyro.

Animated molds in blinding G2 colors: why let KOs hog that market?

I'm a tad disappointed that R.I.D. Skybite is being somewhat nonsensically included instead the Cybertronian army finally getting some overdue toys. Maybe we'll get a Jhiaxus, Rook, or Mindset, but not in the box. I'm just not following the R.I.D. connection here: because like G2, it sported Combaticons in strange colors, Spychangers/Gobots, and the Laser Optimus Prime mold? Not that the toys will disappoint, but I'm just not getting the angle of this Botcon's stab at a storyline. Am I missing somthing?
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065020)
Posted by AutobotJazz on April 15th, 2010 @ 10:11pm CDT
Well there goes BotCon for me. Just too darn expensive to attend.
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065022)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 15th, 2010 @ 10:27pm CDT
SkyByte we all know what that mold will be, yeah for E Sharkticon mold. Love it!! Can't wait to see how he looks. And I guess I'm the only one not wanting Clench from Onslaught. I want Clench from RiD Scourge! :grin:
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065026)
Posted by Mkall on April 15th, 2010 @ 10:55pm CDT
Oddly enough, I'm most excited by Streetwise for some reason.

Can't wait to see more.
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065029)
Posted by El Duque on April 15th, 2010 @ 11:00pm CDT
I'll be glad when they finally get the registration up!
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065033)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on April 15th, 2010 @ 11:21pm CDT
So, did they cut the size of the customizing classes in half?

Great, that makes things even harder.
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065034)
Posted by Savage on April 15th, 2010 @ 11:26pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:So, general admission is only on Saturday and Sunday? I can't tell what events are happening on those days.

And what about the dinner? Is that free or not?

General Admission gets you into the convention center on Saturday and Sunday. This gives you access to the Sales Room, autograph lines, and (i think) the Panels. As for which events are taking place at which times on those days, you will have to check the schedule at the convention for that.

General Admission is not allowed to attend the Saturday Night Dinner. Only Primus Package holders and their Minicons. No Protoforms or General Admissions.
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065059)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 16th, 2010 @ 12:40am CDT
Savage wrote:

And what about the dinner? Is that free or not?

I attended the dinner in 2008 as an Iacon attendee. I'm sure it has to be either of those to attend.
:BOT:
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065069)
Posted by Seibertron on April 16th, 2010 @ 1:35am CDT
This sealed the deal. I just dug through my containers of boxed Transformers to find my MIB stickers unapplied Spark and Colossus (aka Pyro and Clench) to do galleries. It's funny how I own all of the G1 Transformers (minus a few remaining European and Japanese exclusives) and want to do galleries of all of them, yet only do galleries of the G1 figures generally when they become relevant again. This strategy has brought me to more and more of those figures that I didn't expect to do in the natural progression of galleries over the years. Glad that I have an excuse to do Pyro and Clench finally.

Here's hoping that this Pyro figure, that has never been transformed or removed from its packaging, doesn't suffer too badly from GPS. Keep your fingers crossed. I just want to do a gallery of him. I don't care if he breaks later down the road as long as I've got pics of him in perfect condition.
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065084)
Posted by Savage on April 16th, 2010 @ 2:37am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Savage wrote:

And what about the dinner? Is that free or not?

:BOT:

Um...Iacon is the non-attending package.
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065091)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on April 16th, 2010 @ 3:24am CDT
. . .so. . .energon skybyte is gonna be a botcon exclusive. . . :BOOM:

EDIT:ooh AND a posable repaint for clench too?! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065093)
Posted by Blurrz on April 16th, 2010 @ 3:30am CDT
cannonfodder4000 wrote:. . .so. . .energon skybyte is gonna be a botcon exclusive. . . :BOOM:

There was no Energon Sky-byte. You must mean Sharkticon. Skybyte was from RID, in which it was a repaint of Cybershark from BW. Since that mold is from 10+ years ago, I doubt they're going to use it. It'll for sure have to be Energon Sharkticon.

I wasn't expecting Skybyte at all, but hey I guess I'll take it.

cannonfodder4000 wrote:EDIT:ooh AND a posable repaint for clench too?! :BANG_HEAD:

What's wrong with that? Clench is badass.

Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065096)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on April 16th, 2010 @ 3:56am CDT
Blurrz wrote:

I wasn't expecting Skybyte at all, but hey I guess I'll take it.

What's wrong with that? Clench is badass.

yeah i meant a repaint of energon sharkticon into skybyte which i always thought would be a great idea for a repaint

and i think clench is badass too but i didnt want to pay 150 bucks to get a posable version of him :(
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065097)
Posted by TheForgottenTaxi on April 16th, 2010 @ 3:59am CDT

I guess I can see the logic of lumping in some European G1 stuff, but what the heck is the point of doing G2 versions of Breakdown or Streetwise? "Hey, this is what it might look like if we'd repainted these guys in garish colors too"? At least if they'd remade actual G2 concepts there would be some nostalgia attached to the ugliness.

I'm a little disappointed, I guess. I came of age in the G2 era, so I was excited to see those toys get some love.
Re: Botcon 2010 Brochure Now Live - Convention Set Revealed: Spark, Streetwise, Clench, Breakdown and Skybyte! (1065100)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 16th, 2010 @ 4:11am CDT
TheForgottenTaxi wrote:So it's officially a G2-themed set that doesn't include any characters that were actually part of G2?

If you did a little looking around, you'd know that G2 Protectobots and Stunticons were planned, but were unreleased: only Breakdown was released as the very first BotCon exclusive back in 1994. For your enjoyment:

Generation 2 Protectobots
Blades
First Aid
Groove
Streetwise

Generation 2 Stunticon
Breakdown

Plus, Spark and Clench were both G1 and G2, in 1993 and 1994 respectively. SkyByte is the only odd one out. I wonder if his bio will have a haiku in it.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY