BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon"

BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon"

Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 1:51am CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 16,084

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): jon3pnt0

Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1091754)
Posted by SJ21 on June 29th, 2010 @ 5:37am CDT
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1091770)
Posted by King Henrik on June 29th, 2010 @ 6:32am CDT
SJ21 wrote:Funny stuff! I particularly liked Grimlock. Did they find the guy that played Putty on Seinfeld for Grimlocks voice? It sounded just like him.

that was pretty good. Although i don't think it was actually patrick warburton(putty/joe on family guy) i did notice 3 of the voices kinda sounded like they were trying to sound like family guy characters. Grimlock sounds like joe, jazz sounds like cleveland and tracks sounds like bruce.

also if i didn't know that robert stack was dead, i would have seriously questioned if that was actually him or not... extra great job on that voice!
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1091792)
Posted by dragons on June 29th, 2010 @ 7:44am CDT
very funny :lol: really like karoke part ymca always beating up on starscream poor starscream hes my favorite seeker
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1091814)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2010 @ 9:38am CDT
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1091823)
Posted by Zombie Starscream on June 29th, 2010 @ 10:05am CDT
That was cooool. I hope they do more :D
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1091861)
Posted by esclavo on June 29th, 2010 @ 11:51am CDT
This is priceless. Love the way the characters were portrayed. "Jack" and Prime made me die laughing. Prime as the perverted old fart, pure genius! The rivalry between Prime and Magnus. Oh the little things. Keep them coming.
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1091863)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on June 29th, 2010 @ 11:55am CDT
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1092002)
Posted by ausbot on June 29th, 2010 @ 4:18pm CDT
Its sad when this is one of the best TF cartoons i've seen in ages!
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1092057)
Posted by AutobotJazz on June 29th, 2010 @ 7:02pm CDT
This made my day. Absolutely hilarious.
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1092082)
Posted by r3devi7 on June 29th, 2010 @ 7:43pm CDT
Jetstorm9221 wrote:Is Starscream getting beaten up a Robot Chicken reference? Nice video, liked the Cybertron Idol and the Soundwave part.

Pretty sure the whole thing was a RC reference :lol: Very well done!
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1092138)
Posted by PrivatePoop on June 29th, 2010 @ 9:47pm CDT
Oh my god, Elita-1's golf clap and Preceptor's line about "The Touch" absolutely killed me.

King Henrik wrote:
SJ21 wrote:i did notice 3 of the voices kinda sounded like they were trying to sound like family guy characters. Grimlock sounds like joe, jazz sounds like cleveland and tracks sounds like bruce.

Seconding both these observations.
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1092152)
Posted by jON3.0 on June 29th, 2010 @ 10:33pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:We've got a comedic treat for you Transformers fans. Forum member jon3pnt0 shares with us his second place winning entry for the 2010 BotCon Fan Film Festival, 'The Real World Iacon'. While some of the character's voices are not true to their Generation One selfs, jon3pnt0 wanted to have stereotypes similar to what is seen in real reality tv shows. Thus some character voices, not all, were changed to reflect that. Check out the video on Youtube or embed below!

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Wow, thanks! As to everyone's comments...

No, that's not really Patrick Warburton... just lil' ol' me.
I voiced all the male characters and announcers with help in the female department by BeatlesDiva on YouTube or "Hailstorm" on the Moonbase 2 forums.

King Henrik wrote:i did notice 3 of the voices kinda sounded like they were trying to sound like family guy characters. Grimlock sounds like joe, jazz sounds like cleveland and tracks sounds like bruce.

The Family Guy thing just kind of evolved during the the making of the video. I told my brother about the idea of having stereotypical TF characters and he said that Patrick's voice would make a funny stereotype for Grimlock as the token "jock" character. I had already had Tracks pinned as the "might be gay" character and Cleveland was accidental in that originally Blaster and Jazz had similar voices and I had to make them distinguishable. Oh, and if you love Robert Stack's Magnus, check out "Transformers: Unsolved Mysteries" on my channel! ;)

r3devi7 wrote:Pretty sure the whole thing was a RC reference Very well done!

There were little Robot Chicken nods (also in Arcee's nickname - "RC" ...Robot Chicken). It's one of my favorite shows. But the "channel changing" between clips was merely because I had all these ideas for TF parodies but they were all too short to be full videos by themselves... then I realized they had a theme - reality TV, and that's how I glued the whole thing together.

As for everyone else, I can't thank you enough for all the compliments and the great response it's ALREADY gotten! One of my favorite things was watching the audience react positively to my video as that's not something I can see on the internet! It was a tremendous pleasure meeting the SEIBERTRON.COM staff! YOU GUYS ROCK!
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1093412)
Posted by jON3.0 on July 2nd, 2010 @ 1:28pm CDT
Can't thank Seibertron.com enough for featuring this video. It has already reached 6000 views and it's not even been out one week yet! As for future episodes, I definitely have more ideas, it really just depends on my schedule and the ability and time allowances of my animator. Unless, I have the funds to pay him for his services, he is having to seek other employment.
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1093831)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on July 3rd, 2010 @ 11:09am CDT
WOW LOL that was fracking awesome!

I loved how the voices sounded like the origionala especailly in Ultra Magnus

Tracks had a gay voice and Jazz had more of Clevelands voice Both voices on Family guy are done by the same guy
Re: BotCon 2010 Fan Film Festival 2nd Place - "The Real World Iacon" (1096947)
Posted by jON3.0 on July 11th, 2010 @ 7:35pm CDT
Wheeljack35 wrote:WOW LOL that was fracking awesome!

I loved how the voices sounded like the origionala especailly in Ultra Magnus

Thanks, bro! Seth MacFarlane voices the majority of the cast on Family Guy, and I did the same thing in this video... oh, the irony! I didn't INTENTIONALLY have a Family Guy thing. Originally, Jazz sounded like the G1 version but it was too close to Blaster in the Cybertronian Idol sketch, so I changed it. I had always wanted to do the "feminine" teacher from Family Guy for Tracks and my brother is the one who suggested Patrick Warburton for Grimlock (Joe in Family Guy) but at the time, I didn't realize he was in Family Guy as well... so it was kind of by accident. :D

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Bluestreak! War for Cybertron Walmart Exclusive Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber & KFC Simba Signature Edition LE 499" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Victory G1 Takara 1989 Complete C-324 STAR SABER Headmasters Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Offroad SEALED CW G1 Generations Menasor Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY