BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update

Transformers News: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update

Saturday, June 4th, 2011 6:54PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 86,304

Here is an ongoing look at our Retail Exclusives Gallery. For those of you who wanted a version of the Takara 2010 Unicron to hit the U.S., you finally got your wish as an Amazon exclusive.

There are pictures of the Target exclusive deluxe Jazz, Spacecase, Arcee, and Bumblebee, Target exclusive HA Leadfoot w/ Steeljaw, Walmart Sideswipe, Bumblebee, and HA Sideswipe exclusive (retail outlet unknown), 25th anniversary Unicron (celebrating 25th anniversary of animated movie) in cartoon accurate colors, more Cyberverse retail exclusives, and SDCC Ultimate Optimus Prime packaged in vehicle mode. The Transformers Prime SDCC exclusive can be found in the Transformers Prime Gallery Update.

Get to the retail exclusive updates by clicking the pictures below.

Credit(s): Seibertron.com
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234020)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:04pm CDT
Wow! For all the stuff that Hasbro put out for this movie the only thing remotely fascinating was a thrice re-painted 4 year old figure. That's just sad. :-(
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234021)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:04pm CDT
Whoever wanted to see Hasbro's version of Takara's Unicron with green eyes, you got your wish. ;) 8-}
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234028)
Posted by Blurrz on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:10pm CDT
Sigh. Another version of Bug/Dead End to collect
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234030)
Posted by all_the_primes on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:10pm CDT
wow, Hasbro really must love target. look at all those "only At Target" stickers. As for me, I can walk
to my nearest Target that's only about a mile away. :D
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234035)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:15pm CDT
A lot of the Cyberverse repaints look lovely. Any word on which stores got which? Particularly the green Powerglide and Eradicon-esque Crowbar.

This made me think of the Mach Five, even though it doesn't resemble it that much.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234042)
Posted by WarGraver on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:22pm CDT
As I don't yet have a Unicron figure, I'm psyched for this one. Just need to figure out how many Fansproject toys I have to pass on to be able to afford it...
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234052)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:31pm CDT
does anyoen know the price of that unicron?? I WILL GET HIM AND THAT A PROMISE!!!! along ith space case and that target exclusive leadfoot =P~
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234054)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:33pm CDT
I must know how I can get Unicron in Canada. They don't ship toys outside the US, do they?
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234055)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:35pm CDT
Leadfoot will be mine.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234058)
Posted by griftimus prime on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:37pm CDT
spacecase is ugly as hell
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234059)
Posted by ShardFenix on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:38pm CDT
yeah the sideswipe repaint makes me think of Cybertron Override
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234061)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:43pm CDT
Hasbro's Unicron doesn't look too bad at all. If anything, I'd say it's just as good as Takara's, only in a different way. Nice one Hasbro.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234073)
Posted by Captziltoid on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:52pm CDT
i just wanna know what that ultimate optimus prime is. it looks like transformers prime version but painted like the movie prime but i cant really tell from the pics.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234093)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on June 4th, 2011 @ 8:13pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Image

DOTM Drift?
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234097)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 4th, 2011 @ 8:17pm CDT
i will have that unicron :D
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234100)
Posted by User897 on June 4th, 2011 @ 8:20pm CDT
The blue and green bits on HA Sideswipe look absolute pants. Blegh. I wonder if someone can find out what color the LED is in Unicron's head? I can't stand Takara's red one behind the correct color eyes. I hope Hasbro got it right and put a green or clear one in. Can someone on the staff here find out?
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234131)
Posted by craggy on June 4th, 2011 @ 9:44pm CDT
I like that it might be possible to get the new Unicron repaint. Although Amazon US might be just as difficult and expensive to obtain as the Takara one this side of the pond.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234134)
Posted by Slip?Stream on June 4th, 2011 @ 9:57pm CDT
I need that Unicron, already own the old Armada one but this one looks awesome considering the $59.99 ARP price.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234163)
Posted by rpetras on June 4th, 2011 @ 11:00pm CDT
Unicron is different enough that I'm still happier with the Takara release, so I won't need to re-buy, and I don't feel gypped for having bought the import.

Thanks Hasbro for doing those fans a solid :)

SpaceCase is not working for me too much. I was just telling Razorclaw0000 how much I dig that mold too.
I'll end up getting him, but I was hoping for something ... else ... better ... I dunno.

And what is up with the superfluous Cannon BB and Arcee repaints? Does the fact that these 2 molds were originally peg warmers mean nothing? Just seems like an odd choice to me.

Most of these retail exclusives are leaving me with a big question mark.
:???: :???: :???:
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives Update (1234171)
Posted by Cliff Jumper on June 4th, 2011 @ 11:30pm CDT
So are they're going to be 2 HA Leadfoots? One with the Target logo and one with?

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers 2010 creator deity Primus 2010 Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee - Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade New" on EBAY
Buy "McDonalds Happy Meal Transformers Bumblebee Mask #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Zeta Toys ZB-02 Air Strike Kronos G1 Superion no box" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Collectors Club 2010 Botcon DION Infantry Figure Sealed Mint" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Aimless - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue Tailgate Brand New & Sold Out! MOSC" on EBAY