Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages

Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages

Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 8:28pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, Collectables, Collector's Club News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 43,567

A Botcon story prequel? That's right. Posted to Botcon.com are the first two pages of a 6 page prequel to the Botcon 2012 Invasion story arc. The next 2 pages will be posted next Wednesday. Botcon is the annual Official Transformers Convention. It is being held April 26th - 29th at the Hyatt Regency in Dallas TX. For more information on Botcon 2012, click here. Check out the images below or click here to view them at Botcon.com

Credit(s): Botcon.com

Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1353605)
Posted by Heavy B on February 29th, 2012 @ 8:34pm CST
is it me, or does the big guy look like a possible armada megatron retool?
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1353606)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 29th, 2012 @ 8:35pm CST
"A little on the short side though."

Nice XD

Makes me wish I bought into exclusives. But the prices for them are rediculous. We need a REAL update for this character rather than an exclusive. Still very cool though! :CON: :CON: :CON: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1353607)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 29th, 2012 @ 8:38pm CST
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1353623)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on February 29th, 2012 @ 9:08pm CST
I'd kill for a Transtech Prowl figure.
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1353647)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on February 29th, 2012 @ 10:09pm CST
Dr. Heavy B wrote:is it me, or does the big guy look like a possible armada megatron retool?

Could be, though I doubt them using the same mold twice in two sets

TT Rhinox could easily be made from a RTS Hailstorm
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1353660)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 29th, 2012 @ 10:54pm CST
I don't know why, but these 2 pages kinda pissed me off. Maybe it's because I was already in a foul mood. Or maybe it's reminding me that instead of get something cool like a TransTech set or a second Beast Wars set we're getting more Shittered Glass crap.

Also, if that Snake Eyes in a mech suit?! WTF?!
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1353683)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 1st, 2012 @ 12:01am CST
The Transtech designs were from the line that was supposed come after Beast Machines. The one shown here for Megatron was recycled into Armada Megatron.

I just love that Rhinox's job is to watch Transformers cartoons all day.
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1353749)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 1st, 2012 @ 7:43am CST

They've got me intrigued, even if the whole multi-verse concept gets a little boring for me.
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1353752)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 1st, 2012 @ 7:50am CST
Sodan-1 wrote:I love how they've used actual screenshots from the shows for Rhinox's monitors. Very nice touch.

That's why I kinda like the club's Transtech storyline and SG. There's no previous fiction that they need to follow. Both of these are blank slates. I do hope that we see more of the club's Gobots story as well.
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1353886)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 1st, 2012 @ 12:03pm CST
That's TransTech Megatron, whose design was a basis for both Armada Megatron and Animated Shockwave.

GetRightRobot wrote:I'm interested to hear Sabrblades take on this. He has a marvelous ability to track and follow the 'verses.
Basically, what TransTech Rhinox is saying is that the world of the Marvel UK Annual story "Another Time & Place", which was previously documents as having been destroyed, is somehow no longer destroyed, which doesn't make a lick of sense. Something must have happened in the Classicverse during this year's "Invasion" BotCon story to render that destroyed world no longer such.

Godzillabot Primal wrote:TT Rhinox could easily be made from a RTS Hailstorm
I think he's supposed to be a redeco of Cybertron Landmine (which was redecoed into DoFP Axalon Rhinox).

zodconvoy wrote:I just love that Rhinox's job is to watch Transformers cartoons all day.
He's looking at comic images too. ;)
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1353953)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 1st, 2012 @ 2:28pm CST

I know that, but this is probably a alternate universes Rhinox
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1354364)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 2nd, 2012 @ 4:53pm CST
So being how this storyline takes place in universe Primax 207.0 Epsilon, we will see Classic vs SG. But you guys know who else is currently in that universe?

THE GO BOTS!!! So do you think it's possible we may see a 3 way showdown next year between Classics vs SG vs Go Bots?
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1354375)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 2nd, 2012 @ 5:13pm CST
Go-Bots vs Beast Wars vs G2 vs Shattered Glass vs Classics!
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1354380)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 2nd, 2012 @ 5:25pm CST
Gobots vs Transformers vs Dr. Who vs He-Man vs Star Wars vs The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vs a bunch of cockroaches vs my butt!

:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1354415)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 2nd, 2012 @ 6:50pm CST
Gobots vs Transformers vs JAYCE AND THE WHEELED WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!

Side note, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors has the best '80's cartoon theme song of all time!
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1354451)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 2nd, 2012 @ 8:47pm CST
I seriously had forgotten how insane all of you are.

But I'm crazier!

G1 vs Unicron Trilogy vs Go-Bots vs Shattered Glass vs Doctor Who vs Ben 10 vs Star Wars vs M.A.S.K vs He-Man vs Hero Factory vs Percy Jackson and the Olympians vs Godzilla vs Kamen Rider vs Marvel Superheros vs Star Trek vs Ghostbusters vs G.I. Joe vs Psych vs MST3K vs Generator Rex vs Ultraman. Too much?
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1354459)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 2nd, 2012 @ 9:25pm CST
Godzillabot Primal wrote:I seriously had forgotten how insane all of you are.

But I'm crazier!

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 for the win!! :lol:
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1354479)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 2nd, 2012 @ 11:40pm CST
Transformers: Alternity vs "Crisis on Infinite Earths".

:-B
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1354559)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 3rd, 2012 @ 9:37am CST
GetRightRobot wrote:
Godzillabot Primal wrote:I seriously had forgotten how insane all of you are.

But I'm crazier!

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 for the win!! :lol:

What?! (The exclamation, not the question) I love those bots. (Admit it, you want TF repaints :CROW: :SERVO: )
Re: Botcon 2012 Comic Prequel - First 2 pages (1354563)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 3rd, 2012 @ 9:48am CST
Godzillabot Primal wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:
Godzillabot Primal wrote:I seriously had forgotten how insane all of you are.

But I'm crazier!

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 for the win!! :lol:

Ofcourse I want repaints!!! But while we're dreaming here, I'd rather have a classics Puzzler!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY