BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 6:03pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 68,525

Here he is, Hasbro's version of MP-10 Optimus Prime complete with trailer, roller, and Spike. The full Seibertron.com gallery can be found by clicking here or any of the images below.

Yep. We're getting him here in the US. Toys R Us exclusive. The rumor from one of our fellow Seibertronians in Canada has said that this is priced at $99.99 Canadian, so expect a similar price here in the US.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374285)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:05pm CDT
I love the pose they have him in, with his head held high. It's silly, but awesome.

The one in package, looks...umm... Well, it looks like he's...nevermind.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374294)
Posted by megatronus on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:15pm CDT
Do we know what the differences are gonna be between the Hasbro release and Takara's MP-10? Hasbro's looks slightly lighter, but I'd love to see some side by side comparisons.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374295)
Posted by mattwhite924 on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:17pm CDT
I was pretty tempted to get the Takara one, I'm glad I waited.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374298)
Posted by Megazarak on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:19pm CDT

Oh well, it's Optimus, it's not like I have a choice not to get him... Hopefully when he comes out a nice sale will accompany him.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374301)
Posted by KnightStrike on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:23pm CDT
I'll try to contain myself here..m oh forget it..YES!!! Camping out TRU as soon as these start hitting :DANCE:
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374302)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:24pm CDT
I bet you my left nut that the packaging will be in english only and TrU WILL NEVER MAKE ANY EFFORTS TO RELEASE IT IN QUÉBEC.
Like all their other exclusives.
Sigh... Ebay, here we go again.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374305)
Posted by Swindle01 on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:26pm CDT
is it me or does the trailer look alittle....bland and empty when opened up?
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374308)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:27pm CDT
oh hell yes. this will be my first MP figure.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374311)
Posted by Ghost Starscream on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:30pm CDT
Yes please.....
Time to start saving now
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374315)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:33pm CDT
Megazarak wrote:$99? Are we sure about this? Maybe they should have not included the trailer (and Roller I guess) and given us another Targetmaster or something so we could keep the price at what we got Rodimus at, I think it was $59.

Rodimus jumped to $69.99 and it wasn't worth it.
This is a full Masterpiece figure, plenty of accessories and a trailer. It's well worth $100.00

If too many people complain about the price, Hasbro won't do something like this again. We want them to do more things like this. Toys R Us offers layaway, I believe. (Or maybe that's just Christmas...) Still, we're lucky we're getting it.

I just hope people don't start complaining too much. We should be happy.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374317)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:37pm CDT
I've resisted picking up the Takara release but I may cave...
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374321)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:39pm CDT
Supreme Convoy wrote:I've resisted picking up the Takara release but I may cave...

I hate to see anyone get burned like that. Hopefully there's enough differences to make them happy with their purchase.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374323)
Posted by megatronus on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:41pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

Us saps have resale value to look forward too, I guess :BANG_HEAD:
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374326)
Posted by awesomo prime on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:42pm CDT
My prayers were answered! I just gained boatloads of respect for hasbro.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374336)
Posted by Kibble on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:48pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I feel really bad for those of us who paid the TakaraTomy price. $250.00+ and this one's rumored to be $100.00? Ouch.

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374346)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:55pm CDT
Kibble wrote:

Take comfort in knowing you won when TakaraTomy released Megatron and Rodimus. At least those two were made as they should be.

The US will never see Megatron, unless he's tankified, and Masterpiece Hot Rod will never really live up to Rodimus Convoy's level. I know a lot of people dog that trailer out, but if they actually had it in hand, they'd see there is something significant to it. I wouldn't have gone the extra mile and paid the TT price for it, if I didn't think there was something substantial to it.

As for the rest? Yeah...those are definite burn material. =\
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374355)
Posted by Naked Magnus on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:02pm CDT
Kibble wrote:There isn't. I got MP-10 for 'only' $200 shipped and I'm still disappointed I bit. I figured the US release would have to have something inferior about it so that was a good enough price to jump at, but I was wrong. If anything, the US one is probably better having the detailed lights. The rest of the differences are a wash. Roller's blue...who cares? And Prime's colors are a bit brighter, but equally acceptable. I gotta quit buying the Takara versions before the US one is revealed. That's twice now I've been burned, Grimlock being the other.

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374357)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:03pm CDT
The colors are a bit washed out compared to the TT version and that faceplate could use some paint, but overall, it's a huge win. For $100 I can definitely be happy with this. Really, really happy. :D I'm so glad they kept the trailer.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374359)
Posted by xyl360 on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:06pm CDT
Hell has frozen over:

• ALL accessories that came with Takara's version will be included in Hasbro's release (including a trailer!!!).
  • He's f****ing RED instead of orange!!!!!!!!!
  • He has long, chrome smokestacks!!!

I have Takara's, so I don't need this one, but I'm extremely happy and excited for all of the collectors who aren't suckers like me who pay the INSANE import prices for Takara's stuff.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1374361)
Posted by Kibble on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:07pm CDT
Naked Magnus wrote:Dude, what are you talking about? The sharper teeth and claws, the tray of drinks, the apron, the computron helmet, and the bow tie - those are COMPLETELY WORTH AN EXTRA $100! (or whatever the extra cost was, I can't remember). :P

It's too bad the only accessory half-way worth a damn came with the cheaper US version...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "*IN HAND* Transformers Generations WFC Kingdom Core Rattrap Figure" on EBAY
Buy "*IN HAND* Transformers Generations WFC Kingdom Deluxe Blackarachnia Figure" on EBAY
Buy "*IN HAND* Transformers Generations WFC Kingdom Deluxe Cheetor Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro SDCC 2019 Transformers MP-10G Ghostbusters ECTO-35 Edition Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects TRANSFORMERS Chibi Action Vinyl SHOCKWAVE 2/16" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT BOTS OPTIMUS PRIME & MEGATRON-Build 2 Robots" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Nemesis Prime & Spinister, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Skrapnel & Reflector, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY