BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed

Transformers News: BotCon 2012  "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed

Friday, December 30th, 2011 11:40am CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 101,676

Released on the Official BotCon website today is the 2nd figure reveal for BotCon 2012, in Dallas TX. This Shattered Glass Autobot is Tracks and bears a striking likeness to Road Rage. Four more figures are to be revealed in the BotCon 2012 Box set "Invasion". The images are mirrored below or head over to the Official Botcon 2012 website.

This figure, as several have speculated, also serves as homage to Road Rage, an eHobby release of the G1 Tracks figure in Diaclone colours; known for her - yes her - friendliness in robot mode, but extreme anger and recklesness while in vehicle mode. Perhaps SG Tracks will have the same personality? Time will tell.

Credit(s): Botcon

This article was last modified on Saturday, December 31st, 2011 2:39am CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328675)
Posted by Poyguimogul on December 30th, 2011 @ 11:43am CST
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL BE MINE ROAD RAGE! I LURVS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328681)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 30th, 2011 @ 11:52am CST
Paint his insignia (and lips) red and call him a chick. ;)

Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328684)
Posted by datguy86 on December 30th, 2011 @ 11:55am CST
What the - that head with it's medieval British knight crest does not match the obviously modern aspects of his car body! :lol:

In all seriousness, the Track/jack mold is great, and this red is Fabulous. The Bludgeon toy's always been sweet, despite Gigatron's head being odd. I also finally got around to playing with G2 Prime's great toy for his eventual insertion into the Battle Tanker. If the Treadshot as Warpath turns out to be true, and Metalhawk falls into the Thunderbolt/Sky Shadow or Silverbolt molds, this may be the first BotCon box set I try to get. Non-attending, like.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328686)
Posted by Wreckgar on December 30th, 2011 @ 11:59am CST
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328693)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 30th, 2011 @ 12:12pm CST
Wreckgar wrote:If I get this set, then I don't care if it IS a valuable convention exclusive, Road Rage is getting proper red Autobot symbols stuck over those silly purple ones :BOT:
Don't forget red lipstick. ;)
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328696)
Posted by Wreckgar on December 30th, 2011 @ 12:15pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Don't forget red lipstick. ;)

Not sure i'd go as far as that. My G1 Road Rage goes make-up free, so her upgraded form can too. Now if i could find a way to stick a faceplate on her... :-B
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328697)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 30th, 2011 @ 12:18pm CST
Yes! Road Rage! My only complaint is that she doesn't look too feminine, but that's more an issue with the mold itself. And yeah, Reprolabels red Autobot logos for the stupid purple ones.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328698)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 30th, 2011 @ 12:20pm CST
If it isn't Road Rage but indeed SG Tracks, we've known his bio for a while:

http://www.worlds-worst.com/worldsworst ... acks.shtml
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328715)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 30th, 2011 @ 1:04pm CST
What are you guys talking about... I put red lipstick on ALL my transformers. Errrrrr.... I mean, disregard that.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328717)
Posted by Seibertron on December 30th, 2011 @ 1:09pm CST
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328722)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 30th, 2011 @ 1:19pm CST
Seibertron wrote:Hm ... not feeling this one, especially after SG Drift. I was hoping for the black version of this mold. Ah well. Can't please everyone! I hope this set is the end of SG. Evil Autobots and Heroic Decepticons just aren't my thing.

To be frank, a black Tracks was kind of out of the question with the upcoming Runabout, which used the retooled Wheeljack mold. They would have been too similar, wouldn't you say?

And I hate it that they keep teasing me like that. First it's because I can't go to Dallas anymore due to lack of funds (I really have to stop saying that) and now the toys are turning out great! It's like they're saying "You can't come and get us, neener neener" :sad:
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328723)
Posted by Arlekkin on December 30th, 2011 @ 1:21pm CST
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328724)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 30th, 2011 @ 1:23pm CST
Arlekkin wrote:I'm starting to hate Fun Publications for releaseing Japanese exclusive characters as Shattered Glass ones.... It's making it difficult for Hasbro or Takara to release them at normal retail :(

Gigatron (Overlord) and Metalhawk are Classics, not Shattered Glass. If you're talking about Road Rage into SG Tracks, such an obscure character wouldn't have sold that well anyway.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328728)
Posted by jaws on December 30th, 2011 @ 1:28pm CST
I just got Generations Wheeljack yesterday, now I realize why WJ has the extra waist/crotch swivel, Tracks uses that feature, pretty cost-effective way to make 2 figures.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328732)
Posted by Seibertron on December 30th, 2011 @ 1:38pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

$1,500 gets you into BotCon, hotel and airfare. You can cut those costs down by carpooling with other fans, sharing hotel rooms, selling duplicate exclusives, etc. Over the course of a minimum of 9 months between BotCons, that's only $39 per week that you'd have to set aside in order to go. Where there's a will, there's a way!

You're right about a black version of Tracks, though that could've cut costs down further. When I wrote my original post, I was thinking Drift used the same mold but that is not correct, hence my comment about SG Drift (who will also be red). Perhaps they'll do a black Tracks as the attendee "freebie".

"Road Rage" Tracks will give me an excuse to bust out e-Hobby Road Rage and Crosscut though. Hm ...
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328734)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 30th, 2011 @ 1:40pm CST
Botcon's choices don't affect Hasbro or Takara. They have to pick characters they have no plans to make for the next few years. I'm actually really thankful Botcon can throw us a bone and fill-in where some favorite awesome characters have been unused... and "missing" colorings for molds like Road Rage. Primo.

As for black Tracks being too similar to Runabout.... It's a big Classics shelf, my friend. Heh. (places two black cars at each end.) While they're close... the bang-for-the-buck of a black "corvette" is just awesome. Black and red sports cars for the set... can't go wrong.

Maybe it can be the short-run attendee exclusive. >:^D
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328736)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 30th, 2011 @ 1:40pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Does that include a whopping $1,000 for two trans-Atlantic tickets for me and my wife? I have my in-laws for accomodations, then there's the question my work allowing me off, since my wife likes to spend weeks in the US :P
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328739)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on December 30th, 2011 @ 1:44pm CST
Look as much as i like this mould and this colour scheem isnt too bad all i can see is another over used mould happenig

As soon as i get the runna brothers thats me done.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328751)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 30th, 2011 @ 2:10pm CST
Like it or not... it's easier and cheaper for them to strike while the mold is on the presses. (The molds are the size of a semi truck — large chunks of heavy metal — and are stored at various warehouses off-site. A pain to locate, move, assemble.)

If they can crank out a few in different colors on the same run, we all benefit = much cheaper. The also lose the molds, and have them damaged. Even though it's anti-climactic getting a few similar molds at a time, it's better than taking a chance on it never happening.

Yeah, gimmie all those seekers at once in a box. I don't wanna wait years for that Skywarp that may never come out.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Evil Autobot" Tracks Revealed (1328753)
Posted by Blurrz on December 30th, 2011 @ 2:14pm CST
RTS Tracks
Generations Wheeljack
United Tracks
United Wheeljack
TFCC Runabout
TFCC Runamuck
BotCon SG Tracks

7 variations of a mold in less than 2 years. Holy guacamole.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers rescue bots brushfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Sideswipe G2 and Slamdance" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Medix The Doc Bot Ambulance" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Grand Slam Cassette Figure" on EBAY
Buy "original G1 Transformers cassette SLAMDANCE Grandslam Raindance figures only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Ratchet Grapple Grab Blizzard Breaker spark armor Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Cobra Missile Command Head Quarter Hasbro Transformers Microman Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Newage H5-B Alonzo Roadblock Police Car G1 Barricade Figure instock" on EBAY