BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave

Friday, June 28th, 2013 8:28pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,312

Remember the special Linkin Park gold edition G1 Soundwave from last year's BotCon? It's still planned and the most current version of the set was on display in Hasbro's case in the dealer room. The set comes in special edition packaging, and features G1 Soundwave, Ravage, Ratbat, Buzzsaw, and Lazerbeak in gold deco. The full gallery is available here.

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498862)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:40pm CDT
They look like butterscotch. *licks*
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498863)
Posted by Henry921 on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:40pm CDT
Dear god. Why?!

It looks like an unpainted prototype.

Why would Hasbro do this to Soundwave?
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498870)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:46pm CDT

Normally, any cassette repaints mean I must purchase this someday, but I already have Sundor and a yellow KO of Ravage, and SG Ratbat doesn't look like this...unless Walky decides to homage that story where Batman had a different outfit in every color of the rainbow...or make fun of Kenner's history of repainting Bats in nonsensical colors, like the caramel-coated-armor Batman that inexplicably shows up every 2 years...

Dammit, I do need this regardless for electrum scenarios. (sigh) How much, again?
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498874)
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:48pm CDT
Man, when is this coming out, and how much?! I would love to get it and have LP sign it!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498875)
Posted by Bouncy X on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:49pm CDT
yeah thats......weird.

i was picturing the whole toy looking like their weapons and his buttons.

this is more ugly yellow than gold.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498881)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Okay, for the sake of being the first to ask, ANY difference at all between this Laserbeak and Buzzsaw?

No difference.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498882)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:57pm CDT
I'm really hoping that it's just a matter of bad lighting that is making that color look so unappealing. To me it looks like a nasty muted shade of mustard yellow. Being a G1 re-issue and an LP related item makes it highly appealing to me but unless that color looks exactly like the color of G1 Goldbug once it's right under my nose, I'd say this one is a big ol' Pass.It's not worth an inflated price tag if it's too hideous to even display. The idea is great and I'm seriously hoping that it's just a matter of the lighting and/or the pics simply not doing justice to the set.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498887)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:03pm CDT
Yeah, I really hope that gold plastic is nice and appealing. It's looking more like taffywave than anything else. Gotta wonder how much this'll wind up being.

Hopefully Reprolables can cook up some options. I don't normally sticker my TFs up, but I just might with this guy.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498899)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:32pm CDT
GPS!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :BOOM:

Am I the only one concerned about this thing disintegrating? :lol:

And speaking of ugly gold, I've not seen a decent gold edition of anything in a LOOOOOONG time. You guys remember when "gold" was actually gold? I want a gaudy gold. I want a shiny, NES Zelda gold. THAT'S gold.

This guy will end up looking yellowish or orange, as some of you have already said. :BANG_HEAD:

Oh, and what does Linkin Park have to do with TF's and/or Soundwave again?

Are we gonna see an Aerosmith Optimus?

Bruno Mars Bumblebee? :lol:

I want a Taylor Swift ANYTHING. :lol:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498911)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:01pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Oh, and what does Linkin Park have to do with TF's and/or Soundwave again?

I'm guessing the train of thought here is "Linkin Park did music for the Transformers things, and Soundwave is a music thing, so Linkin Park Soundwave because things!"
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498914)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:24pm CDT
If they'd do Rumble and Frenzy in this color instead of the birds, now that WOULD make sense, because there was at least one yellowish cassette warrior in MTMTE, and a Rumble in Brawn's colors in S.O.S. Dinobots. But, no.

Maybe if they do a "Jam Project" set...no, wait, that'd be a repaint of and Animated mold, and therefore AWESOME! Finish the Animated seeker fleet!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498921)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:43pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, Noide. I just looked it up - Transformers 2007. You didn't say the movie. And that might explain why I don't care to know this detail. I mean, SERIOUSLY? They play a Linkin' Park song on the radio in the movie and feature one trailer with Linkin Park music and.... THEY GET THEIR OWN TF???

It's obviously a shameless plug.... but I don't see the appeal and/or cross-marketing potential here.

Are they selling Soundwave at Linkin Park concerts in the future? :HEADHURTS: Does Hasbro get a cut of Linkin Park CD/concert ticket sales?
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498923)
Posted by megatronus on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:51pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:

I think Soundwave was one of the band member's favorite Transformers toys as a kid. Or something.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498924)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:51pm CDT
It makes as much sense as BAPE Convoy or Pepsi Prime or Nike Label or any of the other cross-promotional items.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498973)
Posted by King Kuuga on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:04am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:

"What I've Done" was used as the ending theme for Bayformers 1, as well as sampled a few times in the movie and used in the TV promos. They then recorded "New Divide" specifically for use in Revenge of the Fallen, where it was the ending theme, and used in bits and parts through the movie. Their song "Iridescent" was used to a lesser degree in Dark of the Moon, but it still counts. ROTF was their big "HEY WE MADE THE SONG FOR THIS MOVIE" moment of hype. Since they've contributed to all 3 Bayformers movies so far, and Linkin Park is MAINSTREAM, and Transformers wants to be MAINSTREAM, that was likely the inspiration for a Linkin Park-branded TF.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498994)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:20am CDT
10 years from now, it'll be worth big money in a MISB condition. No GPS. I do fear that thing will crumble in the right conditions.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1498995)
Posted by RhA on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:20am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
I want a Taylor Swift ANYTHING. :lol:

Goat? Do we have a goat TF?
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1499053)
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 29th, 2013 @ 9:15am CDT
One of their songs has been the main theme of each movie, with LP collaborating with Steve Jablonsky for the score too. Not to mention they've played at the premieres of ROTF and DOTM, surrounded by huge pics of Transformers with TF footage playing on the screens. Joe and Mike, two members of the band, are Transformer fans and had this toy as a kid, and they helped design this (this is their art style). Don't forget the music videos for New Divide and Iridescent are both filled with Transformers too.

http://mikeshinoda.com/2012/07/12/linki ... ansformer/
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1499061)
Posted by waaaaghlord on June 29th, 2013 @ 9:36am CDT
RhA wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:
I want a Taylor Swift ANYTHING. :lol:

Goat? Do we have a goat TF?

Ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www ... QT66j4P1yg
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Linkin Park Edition Soundwave (1499113)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:19pm CDT
Someone pour some milk chocolate over these guys Nickelodeon slime style. Get it, back when Nick was called Nickelodeon, you know back then? :roll: Just pour the damn chocolate! :P :VEHI:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Vintage Rippersnapper Predacon Abominus Hasbro 1987" on EBAY
Buy "1997 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF 3 TRANSFORMERS POWER Of The Primes ~ Vector Prime Maximo Micronus FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Barricade Counterpunch / Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES VOYAGER CLASS ELITA-1 E1139 / E0598" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Primal incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR OF CYBERTRON EARTHRISE BOMBSHOCK & GROWL 2pk" on EBAY