BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece

Transformers News: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece

Friday, June 28th, 2013 8:17PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,961

From Hasbro's display case on the BotCon 2013 Dealer sales floor we have have images of the upcoming Toys"R"Us Transformers Masterpiece Exclusives for 2013! Soundwave comes with all five of minions Lazerbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Frenzy, and Rumble, but that's not all! He also comes with an energon cube, alternate chest display, and all the accessories from the Takara Tomy release. Also in 2013 Acid Storm, a redeco of the new revised Seeker mold in green and digital camo. Click here for the full gallery.

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498847)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:20pm CDT
Sooooooooooo much want for M.P soundwave :KREMZEEK: And i still say Acidrain is painted like a minecraft creeper :lol:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498852)
Posted by xyl360 on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:23pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Sooooooooooo much want for M.P soundwave :KREMZEEK:

Get him, you won't be sorry. I have the Takara version and that mold is just epic.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498859)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:38pm CDT
Ditto everything awesome about Soundwave: They didn't let us down.

Y'know, just yesterday those new Raimakers got us talkin' about Universe vs. CHMS Acidstorm, and I realized that the only reason I like Universe Acid Storm is that despite his failure as a show-accurate Acid Storm, the blue on him makes him a passable "Slaughterhouse": Y'know, the Onslaught-colored Seeker in Five Faces of Darkness that Zobovor named and painted a PVC of for some fan-con. To me, a toy just isn't Acid Storm unless his green can blind the enemy, making him a valuable diversionary tactician, so that camo totally worked against him.

Well, I was gonna' just forget MP Acid Storm until I saw this pic: where he isn't camo, the green's just as blinding as it should be! And where there IS camo, it looks like digital puke! No, I mean that in a good way: now the Autobots will be blinded, AND repulsed, unable to shoot straight on any battlefield where he appears! All he needs is his buddy (casemate?) Soundwave to blare out every cover of "Fly Me to the Moon" used in Evangelion's end credits, and the 'Cons have won through psychological warfare!

I can't wait to get both these guys now!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498865)
Posted by Henry921 on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:41pm CDT
Give me a price point and availability already! Tell me where I can preorder that Soundwave, Hasbro!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498893)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:23pm CDT
Soundwave's gunna cause major butthurt to my wallet...

That Acid Storm is just gorgeous! Loving the digital camo on him, especially!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498900)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:36pm CDT
I feel a sudden shift in the Takara-pre-ordering force... :lol:

Comes with Megatron gun and energon cube accessories?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Super-glad I waited for the Hasbro version! :grin: Now comes the hard part of actually finding one of these in store... Unless TRU.com does a decent job of stocking it. But I'm betting the poachers kill enough of these beasts to put them on the endangered list! :shock:

I ordinarily pass on these MP TF's, but even that Acid Storm is tempting me... =P~
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498922)
Posted by megatronus on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:49pm CDT
I'm excited for Acid Storm & Soundwave. I have Takara Soundwave, but don't want to spend too much on cassettes. This Soundwave will remain in tape deck mode, Takara Soundwave will be rocking the red visor in robot mode, and the minions are a freaking bonus =P~

Acid Storm looks great - still crossing my fingers for a MP-11 style Skywarp, but I know how to bide my time.

You'd think that for the glamor shots, they'd bring in someone who could actually transform the damn thing. Sheesh. Anyone else annoyed by this??

:HEADHURTS:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498940)
Posted by MenaceRX on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:23pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498943)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:34pm CDT
MenaceRX wrote:Does that say a July release for Soundwave at TRU on the little tag. Hard to see!

Acid Storm's says "July '13".

It would stand to reason that Soundwave will also see release around the projected date.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498946)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:44pm CDT
Those MP packaging are quite impressive looking. Looking at the awesomeness of SW reminds me of the debacle fans experienced ordering MP Optimus from TRU. I doubt things will run smoother this time around. :P :VEHI:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498956)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 29th, 2013 @ 12:33am CDT
megatronus wrote:The only thing that REALLY irks me is the mistransformed wings - ON THE PACKAGING! ARGGG.

:HEADHURTS:

Hasbro. It's kind of a tradition to have fail product shots all the time, it seems. :lol:

Soundwave looks amazing. Hardly any different from the Takara one, just yellow eyes and the tape cases are clear instead of pink. I actually prefer the tape cases that way, but I'm quite happy with the red visor on my Takara one.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498961)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 12:39am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:

:HEADHURTS:

Then we have this one:

Yes, this actually happened.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498964)
Posted by megatronus on June 29th, 2013 @ 12:43am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:

:HEADHURTS:

Then we have this one:

Yes, this actually happened.

My virgin eyes!

#-o
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498990)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:15am CDT
so they have the release date but no price point, yeah that means it going to be really expensive(then add 20% cause its TRU). Just have to hope the scalpers cant afford all the Soundwaves cause im going to need some time to get the money for it. And it better not randomly break like my MP Rodimus did, still pissed about that.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1498999)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:27am CDT
*sighs* No pricepoint? Really? Grr.

I'll preorder it as soon as I can, or if the stores around me get it, I'll drive to go nab it. Oh heck yes, I will. Oh. Yes.

I can't imagine it'll be much more than $120.00 I realize he has all 5 cassettes and all of his Takara accessories, but he certainly doesn't have more plastic than Optimus. While it's true that the accessories and cassettes have complex moving parts, and the trailer is just a couple of fold down panels, basically... I'd have to imagine that the amount of plastic (especially in today's economy and the price of oil), can't be the same as Optimus, or if it is, it's certainly not over his by much.

I know TRU Australia wants $150.00 for it, but they're always more expensive. I can't imagine TRU would do the same here. I mean, Metroplex is $125.00 and he's 2 feet tall. If Soundwave is more than that, something ain't right here.

Oh and as for that release date? I wouldn't bank on that. They don't always come out when promised.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1499001)
Posted by Burn on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:30am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I know TRU Australia wants $150.00 for it, but they're always more expensive.

'cause they're wankers.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1499399)
Posted by REMINATOR on June 29th, 2013 @ 10:48pm CDT
I am very impress with the accessories that will come with Hasbro Soundwave! Early speculation was like we'll lucky if we even get FRumble pile driver. Instead we get the whole 9 yard and even better :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1499407)
Posted by Mkall on June 29th, 2013 @ 11:07pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:

:HEADHURTS:

It's not actually Hasbro that takes the pictures, it's their PR company. The same photographer who takes pics of the TFs also does GI Joe, MLP, Marvel-related stuff, Nerf and every other Hasbro product out there. Considering they're probably paid by the hour, they can't afford to fiddle with things to get them right.

Considering that these items we see are often the finalised prototype, shipped without instructions because they haven't been printed yet, I'm surprised that we see as many properly transformed figures that we do.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1499420)
Posted by megatronus on June 29th, 2013 @ 11:56pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:

:HEADHURTS:

Mkall, the optimist! :lol:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Masterpiece (1499429)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 30th, 2013 @ 12:25am CDT
megatronus wrote:
Mkall wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:

:HEADHURTS:

Mkall, the optimist! :lol:

Mkall, the honest. I'm betting he's right on this, through and through.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "COBRA COMMANDER KIDROBOT TRANSFORMERS vs. GI JOE MYSTERY ENAMEL PIN 1/20 TA702" on EBAY
Buy "BARONESS KIDROBOT TRANSFORMERS vs. GI JOE MYSTERY ENAMEL PIN SERIES 1/20 TA700" on EBAY
Buy "DESTRO - KIDROBOT TRANSFORMERS vs. GI JOE MYSTERY ENAMEL PIN SERIES 1/20 TA699" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron G2 Onslaught Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Basic Class Optimus Primal Bat Loose 100% Complete 1996" on EBAY
Buy "NEW - Transformers: Rescue Bots: Meet Heatwave the Fire-Bot by Shea, Lisa" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Optimus Prime - COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime - COMPLETE" on EBAY