BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample

BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample

Thursday, June 6th, 2013 12:27pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,379

Thanks to the facebook page of the official Transformers Collectors' Club we a look at Strika from this year's BotCon exclusive Machine Wars: Termination box set. The figure is a redeco of Generations Warpath with a brand new head mold. Take a look below.

Re: Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set revealed

Re: Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set revealed

Credit(s): TFCC

This article was last modified on Thursday, June 6th, 2013 2:28pm CDT

Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493172)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:30pm CDT
Much better head design than the first one we saw when she was first teased.

If this set had been available at regular retail, I would pick this up with out a doubt, along with Obsidian, to start building a neo-Beast Wars/Machines shelf, if we get some figures that homage Beast Wars characters in the Thrilling 30 subline.
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493176)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:37pm CDT
Great head sculpt. As ugly as it is.
Seriously though......that's a face only a mother could love.

Great choice of molds as well. I'm particularly fond of that sparkly blue plastic in the shoulders and hands.
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493184)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:57pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:if we get some figures that homage Beast Wars characters in the Thrilling 30 subline.
I wouldn't get my hopes up, since the Thrilling 30 toys are themed around IDW G1 characters. Waspinator's toy made sense since he appeared in "Spotlight: Thundercracker".
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493185)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:58pm CDT
This figure is the only saving grace to an otherwise corny Botcon lineup.

It's still a pass but Hasbro would've been wise to sell this figure at retail.

The rest I think are crap.
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493186)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 1:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

True.

But I kinda wanted a bigger Waspinator though...
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493187)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2013 @ 1:06pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

True.

But I kinda wanted a bigger Waspinator though...
Good thing the Waspy that appeared in the comic was basically in his BW 10th Anniversary toy body. ;)
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493189)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 1:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

True.

But I kinda wanted a bigger Waspinator though...

Which, on the life of me, I cannot find anywhere at a reasonable price. :BANG_HEAD:

Plus, I've got other priorities, so until those are fulfilled, Waspinator, like many past figures I'd like to get, isn't on my list.
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493256)
Posted by Henry921 on June 6th, 2013 @ 6:27pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Much better head design than the first one we saw when she was first teased.

Oh, agreed. I like her much more than before.

This set's really grown on me. I'm still disappointed overall, but I hate it slightly less each time.

Damn it, I might have to get her too. I was going to be happy with just Obsidian and the two Seekers...
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493322)
Posted by robotmel on June 7th, 2013 @ 2:35am CDT
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493324)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 7th, 2013 @ 2:41am CDT
robotmel wrote:Image

SCHWEET
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493333)
Posted by robotmel on June 7th, 2013 @ 4:33am CDT
roflbot.jpg
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493421)
Posted by El Duque on June 7th, 2013 @ 1:12pm CDT
The official BotCon facebook page has shared production sample images of Machine Wars Skywarp from this year's convention exclusive Machine Wars: Termination box set. As you can see the figure sports a brand new head mold and a nice teleporting translucent effect on the it's wings in jet mode.

Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493429)
Posted by megatronus on June 7th, 2013 @ 1:34pm CDT
The effects & new head sculpt, although very cool, are not nearly enough to save this terrible, terrible mold.

Props for trying, though.
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493431)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 7th, 2013 @ 1:40pm CDT
Oh god, the white plastic is so bland and unpainted that most of the details become flat, bland, unnoticeable. Although, the new headsculpt's quite nice. :D
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493444)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 7th, 2013 @ 2:51pm CDT
Thank goodness for the drop shadow effect! If not for that, I'd swear this was a photo of some missiles and blobs of paint.
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493458)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 7th, 2013 @ 3:43pm CDT
So is this the worst figure in the set?
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493460)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 7th, 2013 @ 3:56pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:So is this the worst figure in the set?

Pretty much. >:oP

I have the original Revenge of the Fallen NEST Dirge version; I think it's okay, but only as that specific character in that specific line. Using it as anyone else just doesn't look right. In my opinion, the mold they should have used for this specific character should have been Prime FE Starscream.
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493462)
Posted by Henry921 on June 7th, 2013 @ 4:08pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:So is this the worst figure in the set?

Depends. I personally like it better than Hoist, but he's still far from being my favorite.

This one looks really bland. Should've guessed the white plastic would go largely unpainted...
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493472)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 7th, 2013 @ 4:52pm CDT
Okay, while I have mixed emotions about the set... and mold choices... I do really like the teleporting effect. Since I don't have this mold — or any movie molds — it may be fun to mess with.

Mind you, I hope they can avoid movie molds in the future... especially MIXING them. They don't fit with the aesthetics of the other figures, and I'd much prefer some Classics for Botcon.
Re: BotCon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" Strika Production Sample (1493475)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 7th, 2013 @ 5:04pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Since I don't have this mold — or any movie molds — it may be fun to mess with.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. From my experiences with this particular mold, I'd give it a 7-7.5 out of 10. The fact he has two visible canopies (one of which is the faux part you see on the chest) is one of my main issues. You can always take it off - in fact, I've actually lost that piece - but even then, it's still meh. Especially the "shield" arm, as I call it.

I'm with you there. If they opt for a movie theme, I'd have no problem, 'cuz you know, movie :P . Maybe even add a couple molds from lines past here and there into said theme (they've done it before, and it didn't look too bad). But mixing movie molds in with fictions such as this aesthetically doesn't look good on the toys in my opinion. Same goes for Prime figures.

They really should have retooled Megaplex with a Megatron-esque head, but the damn budget only allows for four retoolings. :BANG_HEAD:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers robots in disguise generations Megatron, Scourge, Primus and More!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY
Buy "SUPER 7 REACTION TRANSFORMERS GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE ACTION FIGURE NEW IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: 2017 Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY