BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson

BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson

Tuesday, May 28th, 2013 2:49pm CDT

Categories: Event News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,016

BotCon has announced two additional special guests for this year's event in San Diego, voice director Wally Burr and Transformers Generation 1 Season 5's Jason Jenson! Jenson played the role of Tommy Kennedy in the live action sequences along with an animatronic Powermaster Optimus Prime during the episode bumpers. After disappearing from the fandom he recently resurfaced for an interview back in January, and will now be appearing at BotCon. They join the already confirmed Transformers Prime voice actors David Sobolov (Shockwave)and James Horan (Wheeljack).

BotCon wrote:BotCon 2013 is excited to welcome legendary Voice Director Wally Burr to this years show! Mr. Burr has directed some of the greatest voice acting talents from the past 40 years and he will be on hand during the weekend for panels, autograph sessions and more!

Joining him is the actor who was featured alongside the very first live action Optimus Prime, Jason Jansen! As part of the more intriguing Generation 1 cartoon features, Jason (who played the human character Tommy Kennedy) will be participating in his first ever convention, filling fans in on what it was like to act next to the live action Generation 1 Optimus Prime!

For more details, click the "Guests" link along the left side menu.

Re: BotCon 2013 Updates, Allotments, Artist Alley, and more

Re: BotCon 2013 Updates, Allotments, Artist Alley, and more

Re: BotCon 2013 Updates, Allotments, Artist Alley, and more

Re: BotCon 2013 Updates, Allotments, Artist Alley, and more

Credit(s): BotCon

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 28th, 2013 2:52pm CDT

Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1490853)
Posted by Mkall on May 28th, 2013 @ 3:34pm CDT
Man, I was really hoping to see if Wally Burr was all that the tales had made him out to be. Shame I won't be there this year.
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1490870)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 28th, 2013 @ 4:23pm CDT
Jason Jenson? seriously?
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1490889)
Posted by 33Silencer on May 28th, 2013 @ 5:17pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1490890)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 28th, 2013 @ 5:18pm CDT
33Silencer wrote:WOW!!! Jason Jenson is EXACTLY who I was hoping they'd announce when I was purchasing my GOLDEN TICKET!!! :shock: LOL.....I'm sure he's a nice guy, but seriously FunPub, are we lacking on the resources this year to bring in our Legendary Voice Actors??? :-? :-? :-? On the flip side, Wally Burr is Awesome and a cool guy in person!!! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :BOT:

Conflicting schedules? Other priorities? >:oP
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1490946)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 28th, 2013 @ 8:59pm CDT
Jason Jansen! SWEET! Another lost chapter of the Transformers brand may finally have even more light shed on it! 8)
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1491799)
Posted by El Duque on May 31st, 2013 @ 8:18pm CDT
FunPub has uploaded a new video to their YouTube account advertising next month's BotCon 2013 in San Diego. The video features a dance off between Soundwave and Blaster plus various other Transformers characters. Check out the embedded video below.

Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1491804)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 31st, 2013 @ 8:31pm CDT

Too hilarious for words. Almost spilled sweet tea on my keyboard (again). :lol:
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1491813)
Posted by Rated X on May 31st, 2013 @ 9:01pm CDT
Personally I would have rather seen them use the guns...
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1491828)
Posted by Samsonator on May 31st, 2013 @ 9:34pm CDT
I especially liked the part where Blaster was dancing "Gangnam Style", while Soundwave was doing "Gentleman"
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1491860)
Posted by El Duque on May 31st, 2013 @ 11:23pm CDT
BotCon tweeted earlier today that voice actor Maurice LaMarche has been added to the list of Transformers: Rescue Bots cast that will be attending this year's event. In addition to lending his voice to Chief Charlie Burns on Rescue Bots he also voiced Six-Gun in the original Generation 1 cartoon.

Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1491865)
Posted by Mirage22 on May 31st, 2013 @ 11:40pm CDT
Maurice is my favorite voice actor of all time. WHY OH WHY AM I NOT GOING THIS YEAR.
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1491869)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 31st, 2013 @ 11:46pm CDT
This is almost like Frank Welker levels of awesomely HUGE!

Almost. ;)
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1491974)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 1st, 2013 @ 1:01pm CDT
They've got the time and resources for this pointless shit but not getting the forums up? Or new fiction? Or any new content for their useless site? I've defended these guys for the longest time but I am over being spoon fed this garbage. Especially when the forums and fiction have been gone for several months, a year, more? Give us what we're paying for! It can not be that difficult to get a proper discussion forum up and running properly in the year 2013. I'd be a little more lenient on this if we were getting what we should be too.
:BOT:
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1492002)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 1st, 2013 @ 3:17pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:Or new fiction?
I know you mean the text stories, but how do the comics not count as new club fiction?
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1492008)
Posted by cor2879 on June 1st, 2013 @ 3:44pm CDT
I haven't been brave enough to renew my TFCC membership since the whole credit card fiasco a few years ago.
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1492046)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 1st, 2013 @ 9:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:Or new fiction?

You're picking nits and you even say so much. By comics you mean the 36 pages we get per year? Sure it's new fiction. You knew what I was referring to though. We can't even access the old prose either.
:BOT:
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1492049)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 1st, 2013 @ 10:14pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:Or new fiction?

:BOTS:
If you want, I could send you my copies of them.
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1492051)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 1st, 2013 @ 10:17pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:Or new fiction?

:BOTS:
If you want, I could send you my copies of them.

I wouldn't mind getting a read off of them too. There are no comic book stores I know of in my area, so it's rare when I get the chance to read comics.

Throw in the War for Cybertron comic too. I've finally read Exodus a couple years back, and I've keep forgetting to ask you about them. Yes, my memory is the size of a Mini-Con.
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1492053)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 1st, 2013 @ 10:21pm CDT
I meant the text stories.
Re: BotCon 2013 Updates: Special Guests Wally Burr and Jason Jenson (1492055)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 1st, 2013 @ 10:22pm CDT
#-o

Forgive my stupidity.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Legion Class Lot - Prowl - Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Prime Beast Hunters voyager PREDAKING - 100% complete lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY