Friday, June 20th, 2014 10:21am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,989

Site sponsor Robotkingdom managed to snap a few early images of Hasbro's display cases at BotCon! The displays haven't been fully set up, but we get some pretty interesting images of several upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction box set, plus some previously announced figures like Generations Leader Class Jetfire and the Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpieces Sunstorm and Prowl. Expect much better images and info later on this weekend, for now check out the sneak peak below:

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Credit(s): Robotkingdom

Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584055)
Posted by Dagon on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:23am CDT
Rated X wrote:Im shocked by the love these crappy character choices are getting. I only bought the non attendee box set and grabbed Flamewar on ebay. I also had took a gamble on the class figure before knowing what it was in my preorder, but kind of like it for the clear red plastic. He will be my rabid hate plauge ape. 75 bucks on that was a fair deal.

But those clones...ugh. How could funpub not give them proper heads instead of vehicons ? Im pretty sure a 3rd party will make proper heads. The yellow shockwave repaint just sucks because the mold sucks to begin with. Alpha Lion (or whatever his name is) is a joke. I know theres a still a heavy demand for the 2007 botcon alpha trion, but cmon thats thing dont cut it as a place holder. Flareup looks good, but its basically an orange arcee. Maybe if they had done a fembots 3 pack it would have been worth picking up. But im happy with the 2005 versions. I actually like the black crab, but I 60 dollar like him, not 125 dollar like him. Apelinq...I dont really care about. I want to keep my beast wars collection simple. I dont regret my decison of skipping botcon this year. I did Pasadena in 2011 so its not like I missed any adventuring out thrre. Alot of money saved on hotel, airfare, and high priced California food.

I kind of agree with you, but just not with so much of a vitriol I think. I think a lot of the choices, mold and character wise, are just dull. Yes, I see what they did, and I understand that their referencing 3H/old Fun Pub OC's is one of those things we're expected to be beside ourselves with awe and wonder at, but to me, it just makes a random jumble of a set more random and jumbled.
I think all the toys look very nice, add on wise; the box set is still real weak to me. I think the bikes look great, and I think the Clones look good, but to me they don't work. I think the Vehicon heads actually work into a fiction where the two guys are supposed to be clones, but to me they just look like white Vehicons. That Alpha Trion is just stupid.
I get the idea that this set was a way better sounding idea than it was a practice. It's like Fun Pub's own little Generations line, but for me at least, it just didn't work out.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584059)
Posted by TheVenocWarlord on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:35am CDT
Rusty Brown Prime! :D

Though, they are all knocked over! :lol:

The Vehicon Clones look awesome. Only thing I really want, though Ape-Linq is tempting, because, Beast Wars.

That last Grimlock is massive. Adult Collector sticker on it too!

Really want to see what else is in store! I love exclusives.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584061)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:39am CDT
I hear that last night FunPub confirmed that Alpha Trizer is future Cheetor, NOT Alpha Lion.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584062)
Posted by rpetras on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:40am CDT
Whatever that jumbled mess is with the beat up white Prime ... I'm interested.

If I can cancel my preorder for the Takara import, that would be good.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584063)
Posted by Primeultimus on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:41am CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584064)
Posted by Primeultimus on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:41am CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584066)
Posted by Primeultimus on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:42am CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584067)
Posted by Primeultimus on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:42am CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584068)
Posted by Primeultimus on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:43am CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584071)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:50am CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584073)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:54am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:so was that one display just not set up or did they fall over? Is it an actual set or just a random display, seems odd that they'd bring back crankcase seeing as how he was killed. Also who is the 3rd one there? I dont recognize the alt mode and the robot mode is to obscured to make enough out.

The 3rd figure is apparently Generation Skids as the AoE Rally car. It's meant to be the scene where the feds pull up(Crankcase) and OP escapes by driving through the barn door.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584074)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:56am CDT
Primeultimus wrote:Image

Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584075)
Posted by megatronus on June 20th, 2014 @ 11:00am CDT
Primeultimus wrote:Image

I am surprisingly excited by this voyager Drift. Those swords look to be made of rigid plastic - not floppy!!! Plus, the remolding (i.e. the shoulders) really helps accentuate the samurai look. This guy will very probably be my next desk-former.

Dagon wrote:

I like most of the attendee stuff, but not enough to go out and buy them for the post-Botcon inflated eBay prices. The only things I think I'm going to try and get right out the gate are Cannonball, Fire Guts Ginrai, and Shockaract.

Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584076)
Posted by Dagon on June 20th, 2014 @ 11:03am CDT
megatronus wrote:...a large quote with pictures....

The Ginrai is nice, but for me it's mainly because the figure is such a good one. The character or deco for Botcon, I'm not that impressed, but the actual pictures of it make it look better than I'd originally thought.
And yeah, personally I think Shockract would be more interesting had he been the Sharkticon Megatron mold. As it stands, he's not interesting at all.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584078)
Posted by MenaceRX on June 20th, 2014 @ 11:04am CDT
Please please please let that last Grimlock box be a MP level movie Grimlock.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584079)
Posted by Siger on June 20th, 2014 @ 11:06am CDT
The new bee looks so much better than the evasion mode one. Is that Jazz next to rusty prime?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584081)
Posted by Madeus Prime on June 20th, 2014 @ 11:11am CDT
http://static.seibertron.com/images/toy ... 7331_2.jpg

Anybody notice the Sonic Rally? (AKA Hot Shot?)

Either way, I love boxsets and these look really cool. Might grab the one pictured above (Note they're replacing the Humanicons for DOTM Crankcase's)
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584083)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 20th, 2014 @ 11:16am CDT
megatronus wrote:BTW, since the Club decided to use EVERY PRIME ARCEE MOLD this year, I'm surprised they didn't do something like this for Shokaract:

Looks really good! :APPLAUSE: To be fair, using the already available Rampage makes more sense economically. It also makes the Hunter's evolution to Shokaract all the more drastic.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584085)
Posted by Primeultimus on June 20th, 2014 @ 11:22am CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Hasbro Display Cases Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction Box Sets and More (1584086)
Posted by Dagon on June 20th, 2014 @ 11:22am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Yeah, and it's probably also a matter of there being a number of large figures this year as well. Thundertron and Skorpanok are pretty big, and 'vehicle' mode on that Megatron is fairly wide. The Voyager Sharkticon Megs would have been a far better choice, but I can see that it probably wasn't the most feasible.
Hell, size was such an issue that they couldn't even make a decent sized head for that Rampage, after all.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Prowl Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Red Alert Figure" on EBAY