BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?"

BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?"

Monday, March 31st, 2014 1:23pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,709

The official BotCon Twitter feed has just released a teaser for another organic character to be featured in this year's Pirates vs. Knights story line. You'll remember they previously teased a character named Squirm. This humanoid organic is called Olin, and according to another of their tweets is very important to the story. Check out the teaser image mirrored below:

This may be our most important reveal to date for 2014... This is a question everyone who is attending BotCon should be asking.

Who is Olin?

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Credit(s): BotCon

Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561583)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 31st, 2014 @ 1:48pm CDT
most important reveal!? I'm definitely puzzled.
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561586)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 31st, 2014 @ 2:10pm CDT
Unless one of their lead characters is a Head Master or Power Master, I foresee a great deal of nerd-rage in the immediate future. Since they couldn't possibly construct a Pretender shell to do justice to this sketch I can't see how they could add a humanoid to this line-up without raising the ire of every single Transformer fan out there looking to collect this set.

Personally, I think the "Knights vs Pirates" theme is about the lamest possible idea they could have come up with for a BotCon set. That's just my own opinion and we all know that I have a low opinion of just about everything these days so this comes as no surprise to anyone. I'm an ass so what do you expect?

Many of you like the idea and that's cool. Whatever floats your boat.
I'm just saying that unless it's a GI JOE crossover or a nod to a G1 Nebulan or Spike, adding a "fleshling" to the line-up, especially a new one, is a recipe for disaster. The fans on here are death towards anything organic being introduced into the world of "Giant f'ing robots!"
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561593)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 31st, 2014 @ 2:43pm CDT
Yeah, while I do like pirates ... (I think it's ripe for some rich story telling and character development — which is what convention sets are all about.) ... I'm really skeptical about human figures. Headmaster (and/or Target/Powermaster) seems like the best case scenario.

On the notion of a GIJoe crossover... I don't think they need to TOUCH that unless it's done 100%. FULL set ... preferably an on-the-shelf line. Joe Autobot vehicles and Cobra Decep vehicles with human figures that fit inside. I wouldn't mind smaller humans (like MASK) to maintain a decent scale. Major characters for each faction matched up with bots and joes.

If there's anything BAPE Prime showed me, it's the fact that a realistically painted camo/navy colored army series of Transformers would be awesome. I'd buy the crap out of that.

But i Digress. (a lot)

My point is — I really don't want a TINY nod to GI Joe.
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561609)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 31st, 2014 @ 4:15pm CDT
I sense an Orlando Bloom/William Turner-type character coming out of Olin. Like seriously, that pose just screams "confident, dashing hero". :roll:
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561614)
Posted by craggy on March 31st, 2014 @ 4:30pm CDT
such shoulder pads, very Season 3
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561627)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 31st, 2014 @ 5:18pm CDT
He's clearly Fabio.

Seriously. That hair, though.
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561633)
Posted by xyl360 on March 31st, 2014 @ 5:41pm CDT
Who is Olin?
Who the **** cares :P?

Seriously though, if there's a reason everyone should be interested in this character, I don't see it yet. I'm sure he's central to the plot somehow, but I think most of us are more interested in seeing the rest of the bot reveals at this point (or at any point, really).
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561634)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 31st, 2014 @ 5:45pm CDT
Okay, are people seriously thinking that these organics are gonna get toys of them made? Come on! That's ridiculous.

We know that the box set consists of three pirates and two knights. Two of those pirate toys and one of those knight toys have all already been revealed to be Cannonball, Ferak w/ Tornado, and Devcon, leaving only two empty spots remaining.

And of the in-story organics that have been revealed thus far are Squirm, Cannonball's navigator, and now this Olin guy. That's three organics right there, which is one too many to be in the remaining boxed set slots.

And we know that the Club doesn't make a habit of revealing anything to be included in the convention souvenir sets prior to the con, so these probably aren't going to be souvenir toys either.

What's more is that all three of these guys are completely original designs based on no existing toys, meaning that they are likely planned without having any toys in mind for them, since Fun Pub can't produce all new molds on their own.

So quit worrying or start hating every single non-toy organic character we've gotten for the past 30 years, since it's only fair that they receive the same unjust disdain that these guys are getting. >:oP
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561665)
Posted by shajaki on March 31st, 2014 @ 9:11pm CDT
*agrees*
they probably just posted that olin thing... to post something.

"what can we show them today sir?"

"no figures. but check out this doodle! i call him olin!"
:lol:
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561666)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 31st, 2014 @ 9:15pm CDT
The question that remains is, in addition to his identity, who's side is he on?

Is he with the pirates or the knights? Or neither? :-?
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561670)
Posted by Mkall on March 31st, 2014 @ 9:45pm CDT
I don't care about Olin. I care about toys.

Make with the toy previews FunPub!
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561676)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 31st, 2014 @ 10:18pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I don't care about Olin. I care about toys.

Make with the toy previews FunPub!

A sentiment I wholeheartedly agree on.

Make with the reveals, FunPub! It's the only thing that actualkt brings me joy on Mondays. :sad:
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561756)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 1st, 2014 @ 8:32am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Mkall wrote:I don't care about Olin. I care about toys.

Make with the toy previews FunPub!

A sentiment I wholeheartedly agree on.

I'd be careful with newsing anything FunPub-related today (March 32nd). Remember 2010 Clench? I could so see them pulling something similar.
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561922)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 1st, 2014 @ 8:23pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Mkall wrote:I don't care about Olin. I care about toys.

Make with the toy previews FunPub!

A sentiment I wholeheartedly agree on.

Huh, no shenanigans pulled by FunPub. Unusual. :-?
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561926)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 1st, 2014 @ 8:39pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1561931)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 1st, 2014 @ 8:44pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:If they had waited one more day to post Olin, the joke could have been that they wanted us to think he was fake but was actually real. :twisted:

Calm down, Satan. :-s
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1562015)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 2nd, 2014 @ 11:25am CDT
HOLY SNAP!!! - https://twitter.com/BotCon

We are not joking...
We are not fooling...
We promise you Olin will be the most talked about character for Transformers fans VERY soon...
We should have been more clear about the third flesh creature...
We will be revealing our 4th figure from the Box set soon. But for now, we really did not give you enough info about... The Nebulan
For his name is Olin, son of Zarak, and rightful heir to the Hive creation known as… Scorponok!
For anyone who was wondering if the 2014 BotCon Box set would be celebrating the 30th anniversary, rest assured, it will... in a BIG way.

I think we can all now guess what the Energon mold is, and what it is that the Club has never done before.

HEAD ON!
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1562016)
Posted by ScottyP on April 2nd, 2014 @ 11:27am CDT
^ You're probably right, but for the sake of dreaming an impossible dream - they've never done a straight up reissue, what if it's Black Zarak?
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1562020)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 2nd, 2014 @ 12:09pm CDT
Soooo Energon Scorponok as Black Zarak? Okay, granted i'd still rather an actual preview picture of the toy rather than concept art of the nebulan.
Re: BotCon 2014 Teaser: "Who is Olin?" (1562032)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 2nd, 2014 @ 12:38pm CDT
I think it's too early to jump to the conclusion of Energon Scorponok being used. Besides, we already have a Black Zarak-based repaint of him:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 26 WWII World War 2" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RISE OF THE DECEPTICONS # 24 OCT 2020 NEW COVER A" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Autobot TAILGATE and GROUNDBUSTER" on EBAY
Buy "1985 SCRAPPER G1 TAKARA TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCTICON (DEVASTATOR) HASBRO DECPTICON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Western Star 5700XE Jada" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action figures - Brand new sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Battle Masters Siege War CALIBURST Takara Tomy B" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Thunderhowl Figure 2021 MOC Hasbro" on EBAY