Botcon Awards Party and Stan Bush Concert information

Botcon Awards Party and Stan Bush Concert information

Saturday, June 30th, 2007 11:45pm CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: Air Commander Starscream   Views: 20,663

I was at the Botcon party tonight at the Westin Hotel. I'm sure there will be an official thread about this with pictures, but for those hanging onto every bit of Botcon news - here ya go:

The goodie bag included a movie poster, Optimus Prime T-Shirt (Party like it's 1984) with Prime holding a Blaster-like radio to his ear), a Bee-otch car air freshener (like in the new movie), some movie figure promo cards, and a Stan Bush flyer/postcard. Very cool goodie bag!

The ballroom was very upscale. There was a cash bar and stations all around with pizza, chicken wings, salad, celery sticks and carrots. There were also free drink stations with sodas and iced tea.

A local 80s cover band performed about 6 or 7 songs, including 867-5309, I think I'm turning Japanese, Rock and Roll all night..., and several others I will probably remember after I hit submit.

There was a break in the music for the awards. Plenty of art awards for various categories. I could not hear much from the microphone and had a 5 year old with me that wanted to keep partying, so I did not hear many names. I'm sure they will be revealed here later.

TFW won two awards, one for news and the other - ? I did not hear the category. Seibertron won another award for best resource site (you guys rock!).

Then the 80's cover band took the stage again, but this time with Stan Bush! He sang Till All Are One (new song), two songs from other albums that were quite good for his retro Bon Jovi-like style, then he sang Dare and The Touch. The Touch is my 5 year old's favorite song and this was his first concert. He loved it and chatted about his two favorite songs (the other is Dare) all the way back to the hotel. Stan Bush continued to play with the band and sang Summer of 69 as I was leaving. I'm sure he kept going and the crowd was all into it. Unfortunatley it was about 10:30 and I had to get my kid to bed.

Overall, a good time was had by all except for one sad guy who lost his goodie bag (stolen). I felt sorry for him, so I gave him mine. That general kind of caring attutude was prevalent at Botcon. Everyone I talked to (and I am quite chatty at times) was very friendly, kind-spirited, and having a good time. This was a very non-judgmental crowd. Everyone was accepted and all walks of life were represented here. The dealers were all nice guys too. Walking around with my son, he was given a free MISB RobotMasters Primal, a free basic knock-off transforming car robot, an Armada Unicron (for $20), and a G1 Seaspray. My two year old got a free Optimash Prime and a Cybertron Legends Prime. All this because they were cute little guys walking aroound with their Daddy and all the people here are just so nice. This has been an outstanding experience, and even my wife, who is not much of a TF fan, thoroughly enjoyed herself.

Credit(s): Lapse Of Reason

Re: Botcon Awards Party and Stan Bush Concert information (192778)
Posted by Super Megatron on July 1st, 2007 @ 1:04am CDT
Sounds like a great time for everybody. Got to go to a BotCon one of these days.
Re: Botcon Awards Party and Stan Bush Concert information (192783)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on July 1st, 2007 @ 1:16am CDT
I'm glad to hear that Botcon was a great experience for you and you're son had a great time.

If you have pictures, be sure to share them!
Re: Botcon Awards Party and Stan Bush Concert information (192901)
Posted by BlurPrime on July 1st, 2007 @ 5:50am CDT
great sounds like a joyful time i wish i could had experienced it.
Re: Botcon Awards Party and Stan Bush Concert information (193001)
Posted by HollyW00d on July 1st, 2007 @ 8:41am CDT
Yeah I was right there by the stage on the left side, good energy. The Cusaks are a very fun cover band, I especially like how the drummer dresses up like Marty McFly from the guitar scene in the first movie.

Stan was great, but I thought it was funny he didn't know most of the words to Summer of '69. He kept singing the wrong verses and blanked towards the end, egging the other singer from the Cusaks to continue. Ah well, he must have been out of practice.
Re: Botcon Awards Party and Stan Bush Concert information (193008)
Posted by qwailo on July 1st, 2007 @ 8:46am CDT
I live in the UK, so getting to Botcon isn't easy but i would love to go one day!

However from this report and from everything else i've seen...i think this Botcon07 is the ultimate Botcon and there will never be one as good.
Re: Botcon Awards Party and Stan Bush Concert information (193695)
Posted by Roboto750 on July 1st, 2007 @ 8:03pm CDT
The concert rocked! :grin: The two songs after "Til All Are One" were from his new album. I was hoping he would've played longer, but he did all the big ones, so I can't complain!
Re: Botcon Awards Party and Stan Bush Concert information (193934)
Posted by GetterDragun on July 1st, 2007 @ 11:02pm CDT
I had a lot of fun, it was nice to meet everyone there!
Re: Botcon Awards Party and Stan Bush Concert information (194827)
Posted by trailbreaker on July 2nd, 2007 @ 12:50pm CDT
Props to you for helping your fellow Botcon brother out. Great story, sounded like a fun night!
Re: Botcon Awards Party and Stan Bush Concert information (195142)
Posted by Prime Evil on July 2nd, 2007 @ 3:38pm CDT
It was definitly nice to put faces to a lot of people. Finally got to meet Seibs, GetterDragon, Counterpunch, and FenderBender. I'm the guy with the mohawk if ya remember. Loved it when we took over the bar on Saturday night. This for me was more about meeting people then actually buying transformers. I really hope to do this again next year.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Titans Return Transformers Scourge Rippersnapper Highbrow Twinferno New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 WRECK-GAR Lot For Parts With Gun, Vintage Takara 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G19 Hunter ratchet" on EBAY