BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime

BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime

Wednesday, June 18th, 2014 10:53am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 25,302

Seibertron.com member Midnight_Fox dropped by to show us our first look of the BotCon customization class figure Primal Prime from the Cybertron Optimus Primal mold shown to us from the offical BotCon Twitter account. Check out the image, which has been mirrored below. Also worth mentioning is there appears to be a pair of stickers on Primal Prime's hover board that appears to heavily imply that Prime Thundertron will be redecoed as Alpha Trion, and Tap-Out from... well, we don't know that just yet. Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in BotCon news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

Transformers News: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime

UPDATE:

And the updates keep on coming! Below we mirrored an image of an unassembled Primal Prime for your viewing pleasure, courtesy of Diablien.

Transformers News: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime

UPDATE:

As more information comes in we're here to bring it to you! We have mirrored below a document of a recording by Cybertron Knight Sub-Commander Apelinq! Take a look at the image mirrored below!

Transformers News: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime

Credit(s): BotCon Twitter, Daiblien

This article was last modified on Wednesday, June 18th, 2014 3:23pm CDT

Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583383)
Posted by RhA on June 18th, 2014 @ 11:04am CDT
It's very awesome.
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583384)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 18th, 2014 @ 11:05am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wait a tick... He's got Primal Prime's colors, stickers on the hoverboard... and translucent plastic?! :shock: I know Apelinq and Primal Prime merged into Sentinel Maximus in-fiction, so that's the explanation/excuse. I like it :grin:

Jumped the gun, updated.
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583387)
Posted by Diem on June 18th, 2014 @ 11:23am CDT
This pretty much confirms Alpha Lion, but it would be nice to be able to see who that other sticker is.
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583389)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 18th, 2014 @ 11:41am CDT
Tornado's latest Datalog is actually by Apelinq and is about Ginrai and Primal Prime.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_AaAWT ... R4bVk/edit

Alpha Lion is called Alpha Trizer in it and it mentions the Universe War and the Wreckers.

AS for the other sticker: it's Tap-Out.
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583390)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 18th, 2014 @ 11:45am CDT
Okay, now THIS is what a harder-to-acquire BotCon exclusive should be:

- Mold makes perfect sense for the character.

- Obscure character that strikes a chord with long-time fans because of his place in BotCon-related fiction, and gives fans who may have missed their previous toy(s) and find them too expensive now a chance to own a representation of said character...

- ...BUT conversely makes the toy a take-it-or-leave-it prospect for fans who (like myself) already have previous iterations of said character and can't presently afford to attend BotCon or even buy the exclusives any time soon.

So yeah, AWESOME toy...that I don't really care if I ever own. Unlike the box set, which I can't afford now, and will probably end up paying four digits for someday. In that sense, I'm effectively happier with this new Pri-Pri because I can appreciate him all I want via pics. Well played, FunPub.
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583391)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on June 18th, 2014 @ 11:47am CDT
The details are...fantastic! However, I hate the whole Primal Prime colors and look to him. It's just not right for him. #-o
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583392)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 18th, 2014 @ 11:50am CDT
Alpha Trizer's name may also be a reference to Toraizer the Headmaster.
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583394)
Posted by Diem on June 18th, 2014 @ 11:50am CDT
Tap-Out...presumably from the IDW Bumblebee mold or one of the Prime Cliffjumper molds. I'd prefer Glyph, but sure.
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583401)
Posted by xyl360 on June 18th, 2014 @ 12:14pm CDT

As for Primal Prime, I really want him, especially if there's no painting required which, save for the silver, it doesn't appear that there is because all the blue, red and white appear to be colored plastics.
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583402)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 18th, 2014 @ 12:23pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:I'm still waiting for a Glyph and Tap-Out from the Classics Bumblebee mold. I'm amazed Funpub hasn't done them already. I mean they're their characters and that mold is obviously available since they've used it at least once already (Bugbite).

Maybe we'll get two "Troop Builder" molds this year? The Vehicons/Clones and a couple Bee repaints.
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583403)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on June 18th, 2014 @ 12:28pm CDT

Glyph I could see as a tooling, tap out (coincidentally is the name of a character in s story I am trying to do has the bodies of all three forms of Armada HOT SHOT and prime Wheeljack which I would go for the prime wheeljack body
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583406)
Posted by Diem on June 18th, 2014 @ 12:39pm CDT

I don't have the mold but going by photos of 10th Anniversary Optimus Primal the blue parts of the chest and calves are painted.
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583422)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 18th, 2014 @ 1:35pm CDT
Primal Prime? Eh... in my opinion, I would rather have Apelinq. My opinion, of course.

Can't wait to see the remaining exclusives!
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583431)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 18th, 2014 @ 1:51pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Can't wait to see the remaining exclusives!

Same. I'm especially hoping Flamewar and the Clones from the list are true.

My bank account is as prepped as it will ever be for eBaying this weekend...
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583445)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 18th, 2014 @ 2:12pm CDT
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583446)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 18th, 2014 @ 2:20pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:So the Armada Tidal Wave mold for troop building is out? Or is that going to be a convention souvenir set?

I don't think that was ever more than a slim chance wish. I think the rumored list is the most likely now, plus the swords and some Arms Microns(Tornado's Facebook talked about transforming weapons).

I'm thinking the Troop Builders is going to be Wingspan/Thunderclap, Pounce/Rolling Thunder, and their weapons Pillage and Plunder. Maybe a third Deluxe class, though I'm thinking a couple extra Microns/weapons will actually fill it out as the "third" figure slot.

From two different Tornado posts:

The Thunder “Twins” are racing up and down the corridors, making enough of a racket to wake all of The Pit. Even those Decepticon sparks like Trannis that are buried its deepest, darkest depths wouldn't be able to continue their slumber. The duo push their accelerators hard against their floor boards while keeping their clutches stationary. “Revving” they call it. The result is a hideous noise that saws its way through your cranial plating and into your circuit boards. It's almost like you can feel your head throbbing from the inside out, pulsing at the same harmonics as the roaring engines. Then comes the squealing of Rolling Thunder's tires and the booming of Thunderclap's turbines as the two white vehicles speed off down the passageway.

[...]

Ferak's new converting weapons have been distributed amongst the crew (and some of them already named despite having just primitive artificial intelligence – Thunderclap has named his “Pillage” while Rolling Thunder went with “Plunder”)...
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583453)
Posted by UltraPrimal on June 18th, 2014 @ 2:52pm CDT
Damn. I would have kind of liked to get that.
Re: BotCon Customization Class Figure Revealed: Primal Prime (1583462)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 18th, 2014 @ 3:23pm CDT