Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online

Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online

Thursday, July 26th, 2007 11:20am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Darth Bombshell   Views: 24,595

Continuing on the roll he's on with updating the Convention & Club Exclusive toy galleries section, Ryan has added yet another new gallery: that of Classics Springer, a repaint of Cybertron Defense Team Hot Shot. You can check out more than 130 images of this figure here.

Credit(s): Seibertron

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 26th, 2007 11:25am CDT

Re: Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online (244809)
Posted by proximus on July 26th, 2007 @ 11:37am CDT
Hhmmm..it's okay I guess, but I'd still like to see good ole Jerry Springer as a tripple changer.
Re: Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online (244915)
Posted by UltraPrimal on July 26th, 2007 @ 12:43pm CDT
I have this figure and it's kinda meh. He looks OK in robot mode, though I would have prefered his chest to be yellow. But the thing I dislike most about him is that he's not a helicopter. Call me crazy, but if Springer's only going to have 1 form, it should be the 1 he used almost exclusively in the show. Name 1 time, besides the time on Junkion in the movie, where he uses his car mode. CD Hot Shot would have been better used as Classics Rodimus Prime. But then what recent helicopter TF hasn't be colored green?
Re: Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online (244928)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 26th, 2007 @ 12:59pm CDT
He's closer to the original than I had originally thought...
Re: Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online (244989)
Posted by Blurrz on July 26th, 2007 @ 1:31pm CDT
Hmm.. A Green Hot Shot doesn't look too bad. It looks really close to the original though!
Re: Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online (245001)
Posted by zodconvoy on July 26th, 2007 @ 1:40pm CDT
I like him. The only Con exclusives I has this year (so far hehehe) are Springer, Huffer and Vector Sigma. Springer is my favorite out of the bunch. I love all the pop out guns. They harkin back to the Movie when he took potshots at the Seekers when they first attacked Autobot City with a small blaster that flipped out of his wrist. Oh and for the first 2 days I had him my one complaint was he didn't have elbows. Yeah I kinda didn't pull the arms down. :P
Re: Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online (245091)
Posted by 1337W422102 on July 26th, 2007 @ 2:47pm CDT
I'll be completely honest: I'm not really feeling the Springer vibe. Armorhide as Huffer and Vector Prime as Alpha Trion really work (and frankly that's who they should have been in the first place), but this one doesn't really work for me.
Re: Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online (245103)
Posted by waaaaghlord on July 26th, 2007 @ 2:52pm CDT

As for which heli TF they could (and to my mind really SHOULD) have used, one word: Evac.
Re: Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online (245116)
Posted by City Commander on July 26th, 2007 @ 3:03pm CDT
Great looking fig. Wish I could own it; but unlike with the seekers, I can live without him.
Re: Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online (245465)
Posted by Seibertron on July 26th, 2007 @ 6:20pm CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:I have him and like him a lot more than I expected to. Bought the 2 pack for Huffer mainly but Springer has really grown on me. I will be repainting his chest yellow though, just to really cement the G1 look.

Did you guys know that the Bulkhead figure from Energon was intended to be Springer? His name was actually "Sprang" in the Superlink series, which was Springer's Japanese name ... hence the green helicopter. It was too soon to do another green helicopter Springer when it had already technically been done in 2004/2005.
Re: Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online (245619)
Posted by Maldroth on July 26th, 2007 @ 7:31pm CDT
well perhaps we may see a triple changing Springer in the Universe line down the line.
Re: Botcon Exclusive Classics Springer Gallery Now Online (246021)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on July 26th, 2007 @ 10:47pm CDT
I like Springer, although out of the exclusives he has slowly become my least favorite of the four. Alpha Trion and Huffer are each awesome. Weirdwolf has grown on me although his character is the choice is oddest of all the choices.

The galleries show how much more of a resemblance there is to the original Springer than I had previously thought. Alas, he should have a helicoptor alt mode though.

My first thought when I saw Energon Bulkhead was, "Hey, that should be named Springer"

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Deluxe Class Bumblebee First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe 25th Transformers SDCC SOUNDWAVE & BLASTER Backpack 6 Cassettes 2012 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Grimlock Blaster And Data Discs" on EBAY
Buy "2016 SDCC EXCLUSIVE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE POWERGLIDE SOUNDWAVE ZARTAN" on EBAY