BotCon Kup Preview!!!

BotCon Kup Preview!!!

Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 2:06pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collectables
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 33,040

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Our own member Narc has pointed out that BotCon has the first preview images for the BotCon09 set up on their site. The Figure is a redecco of the Cybertron deluxe Red Alert mould with a new head representing the young G1 Kup.
BotCon Kup Preview!!!

Click here to see all images.


Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Narc, BotCon


This article was last modified on Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 5:58pm CST

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889434)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:09pm CST
This looks actually pretty good, this might be the best version of that mould I wish I had the kind of cash to drop on these things.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889436)
Posted by Mkall on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:13pm CST
I did not expect that mold to be used for Kup, but it looks fairly cool.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889440)
Posted by grimlockprime108 on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:17pm CST
so this year's story is set in TFA,but is using old school transformers from years past to represent the characters?eh,i have heard worse ideas,this could be good.kup looks exceptionally well.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889441)
Posted by Overcracker on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:17pm CST
Well that's disappointing. The red-alert mold is the last mold I'd picture for Kup.

Not the the colors are bad, I do like the silver chest, and the head sculpt s pretty good, its just not a mold that would immediately bring to mind Kup.

I wonder how they are going to explain his lack of a left hand. "Kup decided he was to weak for the elite guard, so he had his hand replaced with a mace to emulate his hero Ultra Magnus and his huge Mjolnir-like Hammer"


I think the movie repaint is a better use. than this.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889442)
Posted by It Is Him on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:17pm CST
Wow! That's awesome!
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889444)
Posted by Mkall on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:19pm CST
Overcracker wrote:I think the movie repaint is a better use. than this.

I don't think that FunPub has the authorization to use the movie molds, since I believe they're joint-owned by Hasbro and ILM
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889447)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:23pm CST
Mkall wrote:
Overcracker wrote:I think the movie repaint is a better use. than this.

I don't think that FunPub has the authorization to use the movie molds, since I believe they're joint-owned by Hasbro and ILM

I think he means the repaint of the same mould in the Movie toy line.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889449)
Posted by Bed Bugs on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:24pm CST
I think I like it, but I'm unsure.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889451)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:27pm CST
grimlockprime108 wrote:so this year's story is set in TFA,but is using old school transformers from years past to represent the characters?eh,i have heard worse ideas,this could be good.kup looks exceptionally well.


No, it's the G1 take on the team. No Animated stuff whatsoever. Remember, it's "Timelines" where anything goes ;)

I only have one reservation about this incarnation of Kup: the left hand. I mean, couldn't they have made a new hand for that mold as well as a new head? :? Other than that, looking good. Still wish I could be there, but alas... should have gone when they were in Frisco TX :-x
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889453)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:29pm CST
Meh. I've seen customs that look better than this. The head is the only thing "Kup" about it.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889455)
Posted by Archatron on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:29pm CST
"Decepticon fans, no worries, as a long awaited update of a Classic character finally makes his appearance in the boxed set as well!"

If its Soundwave I will sh!t my pants :shock:
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889456)
Posted by Hard Hacker on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:30pm CST
For some reason, I really want this, but the fatalist in me (or the part of me who can't GET to Botcon) knows I won't get it.

Well, for a reasonable price. Damned Scalpers.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889458)
Posted by Firebird on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:35pm CST
Look at those rims! The head sculpt isn't that bad either.

I may not be able to go this year, But I hope the box set is nice for those who attend.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889459)
Posted by King Henrik on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:38pm CST
Archatron wrote:"Decepticon fans, no worries, as a long awaited update of a Classic character finally makes his appearance in the boxed set as well!"

If its Soundwave I will sh!t my pants :shock:


it's not soundwave, its scourge.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889460)
Posted by Ronynus Prime on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:41pm CST
I'm actually understanding the reasoning for this... in the "Transform and Roll Out" Pilot, in the opening scene, we see a video log of the Autobot/Decepticon War using images from original G1 episodes "War Dawn" & "More Than Meets The Eye Pt. 1"; the design asthetic from the troops seen in "War Dawn" are more in line with the Cybertron line design asthetic than anything else if one were to compare it to anything, so while the last million years or so of the show's history is animated in a stylized fashion, Hasbro might use what started out as a small homage to thier advantage by choosing other Energon/Cybertron molds that fit the million years prior to suit the G1 footage used.

I like what they've done... I will put these first Elite Gaurd troops alongside the current Elite Gaurd Animated figures to show the Gaurds' historical progresion.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889464)
Posted by King Henrik on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:48pm CST
PlasmaEnergyGod wrote:I'm actually understanding the reasoning for this... in the "Transform and Roll Out" Pilot, in the opening scene, we see a video log of the Autobot/Decepticon War using images from original G1 episodes "War Dawn" & "More Than Meets The Eye Pt. 1"; the design asthetic from the troops seen in "War Dawn" are more in line with the Cybertron line design asthetic than anything else if one were to compare it to anything, so while the last million years or so of the show's history is animated in a stylized fashion, Hasbro might use what started out as a small homage to thier advantage by choosing other Energon/Cybertron molds that fit the million years prior to suit the G1 footage used.

I like what they've done... I will put these first Elite Gaurd troops alongside the current Elite Gaurd Animated figures to show the Gaurds' historical progresion.


while everyone is fully entitled to do whatever they want with their figures, it does clearly say g1 styled elite guard on the botcon page. (not saying you're wrong to group them with animated elite guard, just trying to clear up any confusion others may have)
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889468)
Posted by Archatron on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:51pm CST
King Henrik wrote:
Archatron wrote:"Decepticon fans, no worries, as a long awaited update of a Classic character finally makes his appearance in the boxed set as well!"

If its Soundwave I will sh!t my pants :shock:


it's not soundwave, its scourge.



awww, nuts. :lol: I thought it was someone they hadn't mentioned yet, my bad. :oops:
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889469)
Posted by Ronynus Prime on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:53pm CST
Yes,... G1 style; not explicitly G1, merely the asthetic, i.e. what we saw being played on the vid screens in the first episode of Transformers Animated.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889483)
Posted by i_amtrunks on February 24th, 2009 @ 3:15pm CST
Cybertron Red Alert is among my favourite figures, and Kup is one of my top G1 characters, but I'm not so sure they go so well together.

In vehicle mode he reminds me more of Animated Sentinel Prime than anything else.

Guess its a good thing in the long run if I am not overly impressed with it, trying to get Botcon figure when not able to attend Botcon is a pain.
Re: BotCon Kup Preview!!! (889499)
Posted by dabattousai on February 24th, 2009 @ 3:35pm CST
It's cool looking but I must see more before I consider a purchase of the set.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Heatwave the Fire-Bot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Figure (Blaster Black Version) Takara Tomy MP3 Player" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY