BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT

BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT

Tuesday, May 15th, 2007 4:00pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 11,307

Counterpunch brings us the news that the Botcon website has been updated and it states that all loose sets have been accounted for as well.

www.botcon.com/

We knew it had to happen. Once all of the boxed sets were sold out, it was only a matter of time before all of the loose sets went as well.

We'll keep you posted when any more news comes out regarding what is sure to be a HUGE Transformers fan event this summer!

Credit(s): Counterpunch

Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122460)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 15th, 2007 @ 4:02pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:http://www.botcon.com/

Front paged ya' brutha!

Thanks for the help!
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122463)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on May 15th, 2007 @ 4:03pm CDT
Uh oh, looks like these is going like hot cakes!
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122477)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 15th, 2007 @ 4:20pm CDT
I think this may have been the first time that even the loose sets went before the con happened. Glad I got a box set with my registration! :D
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122480)
Posted by Kayevcee on May 15th, 2007 @ 4:20pm CDT
Hmm. The chances of my wangling an extra loose set for some friends on the Hub just took a nosedive. Ah well.

Botcon is going to be MAAAD.

-Nick
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122492)
Posted by Ultra Prime on May 15th, 2007 @ 4:39pm CDT
Wow! All I can say is wow! :shock:

I am beyond glad that I splurged and got myself the non-attending package so I could have a box set. Quite frankly I'm not really suprised. As a fandom and fanbase we have absolutely loved the Classics for one simple reason. They went back to basics for Transformers but with today's engineering and beloved characters from our childhood for alot of us at least.

Us fans were begging Hasbro to do the remaining seekers as far as Thrust, Dirge and Thundercracker were concerned. Is it no suprise that despite the outrage and anger from fans concerning the price and exclusivity that the set, both boxed and loose, is sold out? Come on, no one can say they're suprised.

One thing is for sure. The after market Ebay prices (or going bids) will be absolutely crazy!
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122520)
Posted by Heavy B on May 15th, 2007 @ 5:20pm CDT
come on ebay
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122577)
Posted by Scaleface on May 15th, 2007 @ 6:20pm CDT
Just more proof this it was a bad idea to make these guys a Botcon set. They are in such demand that they are all gone before the show opens. They should have been made for the general public Hasblow.
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122631)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 15th, 2007 @ 7:03pm CDT
Not surprised, what with all the extra attention Transformers is receiving at the moment, Botcon will be crazy for the next few years.

Also means many people will be flogging these off on ebay for even crazier prices than usual.
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122637)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 15th, 2007 @ 7:05pm CDT
I thought this happpened a while ago
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122685)
Posted by Sunstar on May 15th, 2007 @ 7:46pm CDT
they should make more sets.... when we cook dinner for people, we'd rather see leftovers than none. that way we know everyone had enough.
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122715)
Posted by TFBuyer on May 15th, 2007 @ 8:27pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:I thought this happpened a while ago

The BOXED sets that you could get by attending or through the non-attendee Iacon package sold out a while ago...these are the extra loose sets that you can get once you've already purchased a boxed set, I believe...

And I've never been happier to see $279 charged to a credit card in my life. :)
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122723)
Posted by Bugbite on May 15th, 2007 @ 8:36pm CDT
Wow! I'm glad I got my box set in before they sold out(last day as well). Now this, is this the first time a set ever completely sold out? I never had a chance to get to a Botcon before. I'm thinking maybe next year.
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122738)
Posted by Vile MK III on May 15th, 2007 @ 8:50pm CDT
"You're done son" "ya' brutha" ??? this is my kind of topic yo' 4 real
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122760)
Posted by DecepticonRedAlert on May 15th, 2007 @ 9:11pm CDT
If I may quote Captain Kirk
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (122842)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 15th, 2007 @ 10:28pm CDT
Vile MK III wrote:"You're done son" "ya' brutha" ??? this is my kind of topic yo' 4 real

What's up G? We use proper punctuation in the hood yo.

So get right or get to stepping.
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (123029)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 16th, 2007 @ 3:36am CDT
Man, I am so tired of hearing the wah wah wah of people who didn't step up. If you didn't buy it when it was available, guess what? There's only you to blame. These would never have been available for sale any other way. Think otherwise? Well rock on with your conspiracy theories then. Just do it quietly so the rest of us don't have to listen to the whining. Why is it that every time Botcon rolls around people have to bitch about the availablity of the figures? It's been the same way for over ten years. Let it go man.
:BOT:
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (123080)
Posted by TENIME_art on May 16th, 2007 @ 5:52am CDT
Exulted Unicron wrote:and now comes the over inflated eBay priced sets

F****** scalpers. Couldn't they have limited it to one per person to avoid this type of thievery?
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (123250)
Posted by Vile MK III on May 16th, 2007 @ 9:07am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

What's up G? We use proper punctuation in the hood yo.

So get right or get to stepping.

My bad.
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (123404)
Posted by City Commander on May 16th, 2007 @ 11:01am CDT
If I had money coming out of my ears, I'dve bought at set.
Sadly, I have a life, so you know...

TBH I would'a thought they'd sold out long before now.
Re: BotCon loose sets SOLD OUT (123440)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 16th, 2007 @ 11:41am CDT
Nice to hear that the exclusives are selling. That's definitly a positive for FP.

Much be hard for some...to actually have a life and pay for con exclusives. Whoa. I can't believe we only had a year's notice of when Botcon was.

Good thing I have paid for mine. Paying for my room up at RI. Going to the Beach for a week. Hittin Baltimore for a rave. Going to NY to catch the Rock the Bells tour. Paying for that hotel room. Life's just not fair. I hate how we actually have to pay for things we actually want in life.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Windcharger" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetal II Optimal Optimus 1999 Hasbro Rare!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Brunt" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger 100% Complete Legends Generations - Power of the Primes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime Safeguard Loose Missing Key" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Combat Megatron Combat Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE One 1 Step Changer High Octane BUMBLEBEE Hasbro 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Alternators 2005 Windcharger - Honda S2000 (Complete)" on EBAY