Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24

Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?!  Updated 2 / 24

Monday, February 23rd, 2009 6:43pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Rumors, People News
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 28,585

Andrew Wildman may have let the cat out of the bag with his most recent blog posting. According to his blog, he was requested to draw a "convention special toy" that turns Energon Starscream into Skyquake. Considering there are only so many conventions, and that we already know that Thunderclash will be in the Botcon boxset, it may be safe to say that this figure may be one of the souvenir figures available at the show. This also may give us insight into what other molds they may be using as well.

To view the image and blog posting, click here.

UPDATE: Andrew Wildman changed his blog post to this.

Admission to the Botcon rumor guilt? Sounds like.

Credit(s): Andrew Wildman's blog

This article was last modified on Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 6:14pm CST

Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889021)
Posted by Mkall on February 23rd, 2009 @ 6:53pm CST
Well I think that nixes the Animated Repaint theory, if true of course.

I can't wait to see it.
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889030)
Posted by Narc on February 23rd, 2009 @ 7:13pm CST
Can't wait to see the whole set. Hopefully they're not anmated molds. Don't get me wrong, I like the TFA toys, but they're still available out there on mass market.
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889037)
Posted by Wheelimus Prime on February 23rd, 2009 @ 7:29pm CST
im having trouble getting onto the site (i have been having that problem with 2 other sites) can someone mirror the images? or pm them to me
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889040)
Posted by Vile MK III on February 23rd, 2009 @ 7:34pm CST
Energon love, yay! If there's more Engergon repaints in the set, I'm all over it like cheese on pizza.
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889044)
Posted by DoubleOScorpio on February 23rd, 2009 @ 7:37pm CST
I'm hoping that the set is not TFA figures. I'd love to finally get a classic-verse Kup to stand with Hot Rod, Ultra Mags, and Springer.
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889046)
Posted by Bed Bugs on February 23rd, 2009 @ 7:40pm CST
Here's the mirrored pic and posting:

Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889052)
Posted by i_amtrunks on February 23rd, 2009 @ 7:55pm CST
Thunderclash... Skyquake... this is going to be one Botcon set I am definitely going to want.

Bugger.
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889053)
Posted by Wheelimus Prime on February 23rd, 2009 @ 7:56pm CST
thanks
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889087)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 23rd, 2009 @ 9:29pm CST
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889089)
Posted by coolpop on February 23rd, 2009 @ 9:30pm CST
Hope this is true and steers away from animated molds.
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889099)
Posted by Firebird on February 23rd, 2009 @ 9:47pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:OK, that's cool. But I wanna see the finished product before I get my hopes up. But why does he have 2 guns? Didn't E-Screamer have a gun and a sword that combined into a bigger sword?

That is the same thing I thought.

Perhaps he will come with 2 remolded guns for the Botcon release.
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889103)
Posted by MagnusPrimal on February 23rd, 2009 @ 9:54pm CST
I'm surprised this mold hasn't been used more often.

I still think you could get a decent Classics Thundercracker out of this mold.
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889127)
Posted by Cliffjumper Prime on February 23rd, 2009 @ 10:43pm CST
god damn it! and I was really hoping I didn't have to shell out the cash for this set just to get classics style kup... I just need him and perceptor to have the movie cast
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889137)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 23rd, 2009 @ 11:02pm CST
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889143)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 23rd, 2009 @ 11:19pm CST
Firebird wrote:

That is the same thing I thought.

Perhaps he will come with 2 remolded guns for the Botcon release.

That would be nice. If you look closely, the guns aren't the same. Maybe they still combine.
chuckdawg1999 wrote:If I remember correctly the G1 accurate repaint that was done in the later part of the Energon line had severe second mold syndrome issues. Don't expect this figure, if he is coming, to be able to hold his vehicle mold well.

Hopefully they fix that for this release. It's a good mold, I hope they do it justice.
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889196)
Posted by Kryptikore on February 24th, 2009 @ 1:36am CST
Hell Yeah Energon love! Can't wait!
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889203)
Posted by Burn on February 24th, 2009 @ 1:59am CST
Skyquake ... Thunderclash ... they'd better not go and screw up Stalker! :-x
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889255)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 24th, 2009 @ 7:10am CST
Internets strikes again!

Too slow on the draw FP!
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889405)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 24th, 2009 @ 12:58pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:Internets strikes again!

Too slow on the draw FP!

I have a feeling we're gonna see the figures on eBay before we see them on the BotCon website.

Anyone else think it's ironic that a toy that was originally Skyquake was repainted into Starsrceam. Now a Starscream toy is being repainted into Skyquake. :wink:
Re: Botcon Souvenir Toy Revealed?! Updated 2 / 24 (889438)
Posted by Windsweeper on February 24th, 2009 @ 2:15pm CST
I always thought Energon or Cybertron Starscream would make a great Jhiaxus.

How many colour schemes have there been of this mold? I have the version with the blue weapons but am not sure if it's the G1 colour scheme as whenever I see the G1 repaint for sale on ebay, the colours seem brighter to what I have.

Also think this 'blue weapon' version makes a neat Thundercracker.

So who is being repainted as Thunderclash?

Are they just sticking with Energon molds? If not, Stalker has to be repainted from Defence Red Alert.

I'm just going to say, would love to see Divebomb repainted as Banzai-tron and Cruellock in the traditional Dinobot silver, black and red but renamed Tyrannitron.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Platinum Edition AUTOBOT HEROES Ultra Magnus Springer Gift X-mas" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Autobots Inter Ops BLASTER PERCEPTOR Christmas Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition BUMBLEBEE & GRIMLOCK Gift Toy Kids Christmas Hot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Extinction Platinum Leader Grimlock & Optimus Prime Gift Toy Robots" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum BREAKOUT BATTLE Optimus Prime Vehicon Rollbar Gift Toy Kid" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION GRIMLOCK VS BRUTICUS" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS G1 PLATINUM EDITION SEEKER SQUADRON DIRGE,THRUST & RAMJ" on EBAY
Buy "HERO MASHERS TRANSFORMERS - AUTO BOT RODIMUS" on EBAY