BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration

BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration

Monday, March 21st, 2011 12:59pm CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 20,836

Earlier today, @BotCon posted a few tweets regarding BotCon 2011. We retweeted their tweets on Seibertron.com's Twitter page:

@BotCon on Twitter wrote:DINNER and CASINO night is FRIDAY NIGHT. Included WITH Primus package. HoF Ceremony is SATURDAY NIGHT. $45 & will have diff features this yr
1 hour ago

@BotCon on Twitter wrote:TF fan sites need to front page this news... When Registration goes live an email will be sent and a Tweet will be sent out.
3 hours ago

@BotCon on Twitter wrote:Have 5 minutes? READ THIS http://www.botcon.com/botcon2011/bc11faq.cfm
4 hours ago

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest BotCon news as it becomes available. You can also get the latest updates if you follow us on Twitter.

Credit(s): @BotCon

This article was last modified on Monday, March 21st, 2011 1:03pm CDT

Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1197889)
Posted by Seibertron on March 21st, 2011 @ 2:57pm CDT
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1197891)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 21st, 2011 @ 3:00pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Just occurred to me that this is going to mess up our plans for the annual Seibertron.com night. Hm.

I bet they were looking at how successful the Friday night parties were getting and decided that there was opportunity they were not capitalizing on.
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1197894)
Posted by Seibertron on March 21st, 2011 @ 3:15pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

Or maybe they're trying to prevent the crazy drunkeness that happens on those nights? Or maybe they've got something bigger than a quick DOTM preview (just a guess based off 2009) planned for us on Saturday night. Hm.
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1197898)
Posted by Rated X on March 21st, 2011 @ 3:29pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

Im still not sure if I wanna go for the "Animated" theme. But if I do every night will be drinking night. From what I was told this area is out in the open. Not like last year where we were trapped in Disney World and forced to party by their curfews and early bar closing times. Wish they would put Botcon in Miami so I could take all of ya to the shake junt and we can party with the strippers till 5 AM !!! ;)
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1197916)
Posted by vulgar_wraith on March 21st, 2011 @ 4:17pm CDT
I just realised the HoF was a seperate event now and cost $45 which is kind of steep may have to skip out on that.Don't know if it will be worth going too.What everyone elses thoughts thats going this year?
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1197942)
Posted by El Duque on March 21st, 2011 @ 5:03pm CDT

Start your engines! Botcon 2011 Registration is now online! Be prepared to wait as their site is running a bit on the slow side, but registration is officially active and online. Click here to be taken to their registration site!
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1197980)
Posted by Diem on March 21st, 2011 @ 5:54pm CDT
Signed up for the Primus package. See you there, guys!
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1197991)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 21st, 2011 @ 6:09pm CDT
From what I hear and see, registration is still bungled up a bit.

:roll:
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1197993)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 21st, 2011 @ 6:10pm CDT
Unfortunately, I cannot make it this year.... :sad: I was hoping to meet some of the faces behind the usernames. I hope everyone who can go DOES, and has an awesome time! I can tell you, my absolute best friend I met waiting in the long (and totally hysterical) lines! Don't let the box set keep you from going if you can.
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1197996)
Posted by rpetras on March 21st, 2011 @ 6:13pm CDT
I can't FREAKING LOG IN!!!!!!!
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1198008)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on March 21st, 2011 @ 6:47pm CDT
Got my Primus package ordered! SOOOO EXCITED!
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1198026)
Posted by rpetras on March 21st, 2011 @ 7:15pm CDT
OK, I got in.

I had to do the Iacon package this year though ... but it will be my first botcon set!
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1198093)
Posted by FflawSuperior on March 21st, 2011 @ 8:51pm CDT
Just checked my bank account...ouch. For some reason I thought the Mini-con package was available to everyone, as a simple 'entry-but-no-figures-or-big-benefits' package. Seems that's terribly wrong! And 180USD is the minimum :/

I do have the money...But I'd rather buy the DOTM set, and work on my generations, and G1 sets.
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1198111)
Posted by Rated X on March 21st, 2011 @ 9:44pm CDT
Im gonna sleep on it.

I wanna hit that button but then I just keep thinking ANIMATED...IS IT WORTH $1500 ???

Pros:

1. I own the original Stunticons so owning a homage set would be really cool.

2. A chance to cop some of the classics figures I missed from the 2006-2007 line.

3. A chance to hang with the Seibertron.com homies.

Cons :

1. ANIMATED !!!

The money is there but the interest is not. I own 13 animated figures. I bought most of them because they are homages to favorite G1 characters, Nothing more. I have owned all 3 seasons of Animated that I got hold of a year ago and have yet to watch. Maybe Im not giving Animated a fair chance. But I just cant seem to get a taste for it. (or Transformers Prime) Will somebody please give me a shining reason to make the trip ???
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1198112)
Posted by It Is Him on March 21st, 2011 @ 9:44pm CDT
Bah, I really want to be there for the screening.

If any of you want to fill in the gaps in your animated collection, I've just listed every Hasbro Deluxe, Voyager and Leader for sale.
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1198124)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 21st, 2011 @ 10:02pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Im gonna sleep on it.

Pros:

1. I own the original Stunticons so owning a homage set would be really cool.

3. A chance to hang with the Seibertron.com homies.

Cons :

1. ANIMATED !!!

Dude, first question: Have you ever been? The answer is almost certainly no. The reason for saying this is that NO ONE I have ever talked to that has been to Botcon, has not wanted to go back. NO ONE. There is a reason for that. If you have been, and are not eager to go back, then you did not get the most out of the trip.

Second question: You got the money? You do? Then why not? You got another, bigger, better Transformers convention to go to with better exclusives? No ofcourse you don't. Shining reason: IT'S BOTCON YOU MONKEY! :D
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1198130)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on March 21st, 2011 @ 10:22pm CDT
Got my Iacon packages registered! If anyone that is going wants to pick up 2 of everything for me, I'd gladly pay you handsomely for them!

Out of curiosity, would you guys come up here to the Pacific Northwest if the con was held here in Seattle? We have a great convention center here for botcon size conventions, plenty of hotels, and those fish throwing fellows at Pike Place market! Fun for the whole family!
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1198131)
Posted by Rated X on March 21st, 2011 @ 10:25pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:
Rated X wrote:Im gonna sleep on it.

Pros:

1. I own the original Stunticons so owning a homage set would be really cool.

3. A chance to hang with the Seibertron.com homies.

Cons :

1. ANIMATED !!!

I dont believe we were formally introduced last year in Orlando. Where were you when we were all drunk at the Dolphin bar having a good time ???

Im not gonna post pics of other Seibertronians getting drunk without their permission. But Im certainly not afraid to show mine. And you ???
Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1198138)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 21st, 2011 @ 10:40pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:
Rated X wrote:Im gonna sleep on it.

Pros:

1. I own the original Stunticons so owning a homage set would be really cool.

3. A chance to hang with the Seibertron.com homies.

Cons :

1. ANIMATED !!!

I spent more time in rooms buying figures. I also quit drinking a few years ago. Plus, I used to live in Orlando, so we went to the clubs. The friends I made and the people I met more than compensated for the G2 box set, which ofcourse I bought, but it was more the icing on the cake. I mean dude G2? You went for that but not Animated? Really? My point is: How much did the box set really sell you on the experience last year? Is 5 toys really a deal breaker? And for the last time: REALLY?

Re: BotCon tweets about dinner / casino night, HoF night, and registration (1198139)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on March 21st, 2011 @ 10:41pm CDT
Happily registered. :)

Tomorrow I'll bag the plane tickets I've been waiting on, then it's time to finalize room accomodations with fellow fans. . . .

Think another thread might be necessary for that?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY