#BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications

#BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications

Thursday, April 7th, 2016 10:29pm CDT

Categories: Event News, Company News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 27,224

Via Twitter user Nic Hughes, we also have some finalising news from BotCon 2016, Hasbro, and the future of the official Transformers convention - after months of teasing, finalising details, and half-confirming, we now have definite word that 2016 is the last Fun Publications BotCon. What will happen next? Other than Robots in Disguise, Rescue Bots, Roll Out, Earth Wars and the Machinima Combiner Wars series... stay tuned to Seibertron.com as we cover the events taking place this weekend in Louisville!

Transformers News: #BotCon16 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications

Credit(s): Hasbro

This article was last modified on Friday, April 8th, 2016 9:07am CDT

Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779080)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 7th, 2016 @ 10:48pm CDT
Wonder if Botcon will still happen even if under a new format. :MAXIMAL:
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779082)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 7th, 2016 @ 10:51pm CDT
Any thoughts on who the next license holder will be?
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779096)
Posted by Bounti76 on April 8th, 2016 @ 12:31am CDT
Botcon in its current format sounded fun from the perspective of being with a bunch of other Transformers fans. I wish I'd been able to go to one.

As it is, I hope that whatever Hasbro does, it will still be a good time- that it will improve on what FunPub did right, and fix the things that seemed to consistently be below par. I'd love to see a convention style format, but even if it's more of a larger presence at SDCC and NY Toy Fair, I'd be okay with that, too. I'd hate to see it end altogether- 23 years is a long time for a convention dedicated to a toyline.
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779251)
Posted by Powermaster Swag on April 8th, 2016 @ 2:06pm CDT
Am I allowed to bring camera?
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779422)
Posted by Dagon on April 8th, 2016 @ 10:51pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:Have Botcon retools ever gotten mass retail release? The only one I can think of is the Devcon-headed Scourge in the recent Platinum set for Titans Return and... uh... Platinum set.

But these arent botcon retools. They are Hasbro toys released at Botcon. Didnt the classic seekers get a release at botcon first to eventually see mass retail?

Well Thundercracker is a straight-up recolour and I'm pretty sure Hasbro's coneheads had very different engineering to those from botcon.

The Coneheads are not different at all. They have different wings. They are still the Classics Seeker mold, and are arguably better than the Botcon ones because of their wings.

That Reflector camera is laughably bad. It looks like a fan mode, not like something intended at all. The robots look ok, but that camera is shit.

EDIT: I think the only thing dumber is the filter that turns a legit word into shit.
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779424)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 8th, 2016 @ 11:27pm CDT
Dagon wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

That Reflector camera is laughably bad. It looks like a fan mode, not like something intended at all. The robots look ok, but that camera is SHIZZLESNIT.

EDIT: I think the only thing dumber is the filter that turns a legit word into SHIZZLESNIT.

You're just jealous you didn't come up with it first.
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779436)
Posted by Kurona on April 9th, 2016 @ 5:44am CDT
Dagon wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779442)
Posted by william-james88 on April 9th, 2016 @ 6:30am CDT
Kurona wrote:Yes, I know they're still the classics seeker mold. I'm saying they didn't have the same retooling by Hasbro as in Botcon, hence they weren't re-released from Botcon.

This is really interesting and something I did not know. Which version of the retooling do people preffer?
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779444)
Posted by Kurona on April 9th, 2016 @ 6:44am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

As said above generally people prefer the HasTak retooling - as do I. For me the icing on top is the ability for Thrust's VTOLs to peg on and off, allowing a degree of customization.
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779448)
Posted by Phill_D on April 9th, 2016 @ 7:44am CDT
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779452)
Posted by Dagon on April 9th, 2016 @ 8:18am CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Dagon wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

You're just jealous you didn't come up with it first.

No, I just think it's stupid.
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779455)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 9th, 2016 @ 8:35am CDT
Phill_D wrote:Has anyone posted any details from the Club panel yesterday? I can't find anything.

Same, I wanted to read up what was discussed there.
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779461)
Posted by steals_your_goats on April 9th, 2016 @ 8:43am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Same, I wanted to read up what was discussed there.

Shouldn't they Also have revealed tfss 5.0?
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779462)
Posted by Va'al on April 9th, 2016 @ 8:50am CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Same, I wanted to read up what was discussed there.

Shouldn't they Also have revealed tfss 5.0?

Club panel yesterday was just about the magazine and the BotCon comic. TCC Roundtable today (3pm EST) is where it's at - we'll be there!
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779464)
Posted by Phill_D on April 9th, 2016 @ 8:51am CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Same, I wanted to read up what was discussed there.

Shouldn't they Also have revealed tfss 5.0?

That will likely be today. Yesterday's one was the Magazine/Comic panel. Today's is the Roundtable.
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779468)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 9th, 2016 @ 9:01am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Same, I wanted to read up what was discussed there.

Shouldn't they Also have revealed tfss 5.0?

Oooooooh.

Man, I feel dumb. #-o
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779469)
Posted by steals_your_goats on April 9th, 2016 @ 9:01am CDT
Phill_D wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Same, I wanted to read up what was discussed there.

Shouldn't they Also have revealed tfss 5.0?

Ah okay, thanks ;)^
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779475)
Posted by vegetacron on April 9th, 2016 @ 9:25am CDT
Ya know what really frustrates me about this, is that for years and years, one of my life long ambitions was to go to a Botcon. Every year, i either was effected by financial crisis, or health issues, or the con was too far away for me to travel. Now, i'll never have that opportunity. I'm really kinda destroyed by this news, and i hope that some sort of "Transformers" con comes back in it's place. I really want to go to one of these at least one time in my life.

I know its not a big deal to everyone else who has either had the privilege to go, or generally doesn't care, but the convention means alot to me.
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779544)
Posted by Psychography on April 9th, 2016 @ 1:09pm CDT
Re: #BotCon2016 Hasbro Confirmation - Last BotCon with Fun Publications (1779547)
Posted by Phill_D on April 9th, 2016 @ 1:12pm CDT
Psychography wrote:At the Aaron Archer panel. Turns out he's the man behind Armada, a line of brightly colored Batman figures, and most of Hasbro's Jar Jar product. Very interesting.

That was an already known fact.

Ask about Orson's World and see what his opinion on the situation with that was.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers fall of Cybertron Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC 2005 Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 3 DINGLEDEEDOO Toilet Plunger Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw, Frenzy and Rabat.." on EBAY
Buy "AFA 8.5 Transformers Generations Shockwave Fall of Cybertron made by Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee And Spike New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WfC/ FoC Deluxe 5 figure lot Megatron, Soundwave,..." on EBAY