Transformers News: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes

Saturday, April 9th, 2016 11:16AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Hellscream9999   Views: 61,412

Fellow Seibertronians, straight from Botcon 2016, we bring you coverage of the Hasbro brand panel. Hasbro unveiled a bunch of new upcoming Transformers products including: Autobot Heroes Set: Ultra Magnus, Springer, Arcee, Blurr, Kup (Generations molds). Includes Target exclusive 1986 movie poster. And the SDCC Titan Force set: Windblade, Brainstorm, Sentinel Prime (energised resurrection deco). Check out the list below and check out images from the panel by clicking here. Check out the pictures we've mirrored below, and let us know what you think in the comments.

Credit(s): Hellscream9999

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779495)
Posted by Mechastrike on April 9th, 2016 @ 11:24am CDT
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779496)
Posted by Jeen0808 on April 9th, 2016 @ 11:24am CDT
Does this mean you can only get Brainstorm at SDCC?
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779498)
Posted by JIRRMan on April 9th, 2016 @ 11:27am CDT
Love the look of the 86 earth autobots set. If it's below $175, I'd legitimately consider it.
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779501)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 9th, 2016 @ 11:30am CDT
Jeen0808 wrote:Does this mean you can only get Brainstorm at SDCC?

No, insofar as we know, he should be getting a retail release, this is simply an alternate deco to play up a scene from somewhere.
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779513)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 9th, 2016 @ 11:52am CDT
The Autobot Heroes '86 Movie set looks interesting, but only parts of it are really worth it for me. I want to see some clearer pics of Ultra Magnus. If that's indeed a deeper blue than the individual Hasbro release from last year, I'll be sold. Springer, Arcee, and Kup are of no interest to me, as I have similar (or even superior) decos thanks to Takara Tomy Legends Springer and Arcee and Autobot Warriors Kup. Blurr looks marginally better than the first Hasbro release from several years ago, but with the much more G1 inspired Blurr coming up in the Titans Return line, plus the excellent paint job Takara Tomy will give it for their Legends line, I don't think a minor upgrade will be worth it when I can have something so much more satisfying. Again, looks like I might only get it for Ultra Magnus with possibly better blue plastic and more attention to paint detail.
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779515)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on April 9th, 2016 @ 12:02pm CDT
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779524)
Posted by itscramtastic on April 9th, 2016 @ 12:24pm CDT
Sweet merciful crap, dat '86 heroes box.

Why Hasbro. Why should I throw away my money so recklessly?!

I sell the CHUG just to buy more CHUG...
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779530)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 9th, 2016 @ 12:36pm CDT
The 86 heroes box looks outstanding! Great pick there. And the SDCC stuff looks pretty cool too. nice paint work at least with Windblade and Brainstorm :MAXIMAL:
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779533)
Posted by REMINATOR on April 9th, 2016 @ 12:40pm CDT
I am so thrill with TFTM Boxset especially my boy UM. Thanks goodness and glad that I could not find the Gen.UM in store, otherwise, I would've kick myself now. I passed on TTomy Legend UM because of the red thigh. This is the version I have been waiting for, blue waist and white thigh. The white circular on the pelvis is a plus too. Love everything about him. His overall white and blue color look more richer and deeper than the previous Gen.UM. I wish they would've painted MAmbus to Alpha Trion like TTomy, or even as Wheelie, Kranix, Exo Suit, to fit the celebration of the 30 Anniv. of TFTM/S3 bots better.
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779545)
Posted by Flashwave on April 9th, 2016 @ 1:09pm CDT
I wishvthey had done Minimis as Daniel's Exo Suit. I can pass on the set because of priorities, but I love those decos. Good on ya, Hasbro.
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779556)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 9th, 2016 @ 1:19pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:DAMN IT ALL!!! :BANG_HEAD: Well goodbye to my LG Ultra Magnus and United Blurr and an awesome hello and welcome to your your new epic replacements...'nuff said! :VEHI:

DM me if you really want to unload that LG Magnus.
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779564)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 9th, 2016 @ 1:41pm CDT
Guess I'm selling my Takara Ultra Magnus too.

Did ANYBODY ask about getting the 86 movie on Blu-Ray? I know there were rumors of some issues with Copyright but I'd like some confirmation
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779570)
Posted by SureShot18 on April 9th, 2016 @ 2:08pm CDT
itscramtastic wrote:Why Hasbro. Why should I throw away my money so recklessly?!

That's a question you should ask yourself itscramtastic. *spoken in an Optimus Prime voice* :-P

Anyway, that Magnus is sweet it combines the dark Takara blue and Hasbro Minimus. But the others in the set don't interest me.
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779572)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 9th, 2016 @ 2:11pm CDT
that platinum autobot set is so nice, and very welcome. If I wasn't happy with what I had I'd seriously consider it. It's a perfect collection starter.
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779582)
Posted by SillyMcGilly on April 9th, 2016 @ 3:00pm CDT
Looks like Springer's crotch-piece is installed backwards. :-P
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779584)
Posted by Insurgent on April 9th, 2016 @ 3:03pm CDT
Mechastrike wrote:i'm sorry but... no Rodimus Prime?... voyager class? or am i the only one who doesn't find him annoying?

Hot Rod is in the Planet of Junkion set. Deluxe class, there is no voyager Rodimus figure to redeco like this in the classics line.
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779586)
Posted by Agamemnon on April 9th, 2016 @ 3:05pm CDT
Insurgent wrote:

There is that Galvatron (Universe, I believe, or was it Generations...That deluxe tank) and Rodimus Prime (Titanium) Platinum set, right?
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779594)
Posted by SillyMcGilly on April 9th, 2016 @ 3:55pm CDT
This set is like an answer to prayers. The only one I don't care for is Blurr, but that's just because the TR/TT Legends one coming out looks so much better. I already have Springer, but this one would be great to replace my old Springer, so I can customize that old one into SillySpringer. :saint:

The only one missing is Rodimus, but the new MP Hot Rodimus would work okay. Without this set, I might not ever be able to get Arcee or Kup. This is just plain awesome.
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779595)
Posted by Insurgent on April 9th, 2016 @ 4:02pm CDT
Is there? I hadn't heard of that one. Well, there's your Rodimus Prime.
Re: #Botcon2016 Galleries: Hasbro Floor Display - Platinum Edition, SDCC Exclusive, Robot and Alt Modes (1779596)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 9th, 2016 @ 4:04pm CDT
Bah! Really wish I could get the Autobot Heroes set, but I can't get the Optimus and Megatron set because Megatron transforms into a gun! You know, Australian Gun Laws and everything. If I try to order online, the shipping is too damn high! How does Burn do it? :-(

:MAXIMAL:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
"Prime Galaxy"
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations DIRGE Missiles Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations DIRGE Deluxe Complete Jet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CLIFFJUMPER SUPPRESSOR 30th Anniversary Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return TR Astrotrain 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Class CHROMIA Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee & Blazemaster NIP" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hasbro Generations 30th Universe Deluxe Voyager BLITZWING Complete" on EBAY