Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed

Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed

Sunday, June 24th, 2007 11:33am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 14,464

Recently Sony purchased the rights to Beast Machines in both Europe and Australia. Sony has already released Beast Machines in Australia and will soon be releasing the series in Europe. The front box art for the Region 2 set has been revealed at THN. Click here to check it out.

Credit(s): Stormrider and THN

Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (180874)
Posted by 1337W422102 on June 24th, 2007 @ 11:52am CDT
"Their Planet. A New War."
Wow, could they make it any MORE obvious that they're trying to make money off BM because of the movie buzz?

Nonetheless, that's a pretty cool picture. I like it.
Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (180877)
Posted by Seibertron on June 24th, 2007 @ 11:53am CDT
I really like that. It looks very epic. Plus the new logo is very awesome. I love the G1 / BM combo. I wonder if it has any special features? While Rhino usually dropped the ball with special features, they did do a nice job with Beast Machines. In fact, I think I'll pop in BM while I continue to work on the site's redesign today.
Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (180882)
Posted by Creature SH on June 24th, 2007 @ 11:57am CDT
Edit: Misspost. Sorry.
Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (180897)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 24th, 2007 @ 12:08pm CDT
Seen this befor, damn I could have had the credid. But who cares.
Well it won't have any specials and extrafetures. :(
Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (180956)
Posted by TheMuffin on June 24th, 2007 @ 1:03pm CDT
Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (181085)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on June 24th, 2007 @ 3:11pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:"Their Planet. A New War."

It's nowhere near as obvious as the ACTUAL reference in Movie Prequel #3, if you ask me.
Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (181123)
Posted by RatchetMD on June 24th, 2007 @ 3:35pm CDT
TheMuffin wrote:I dunno. I prefer my single complete season boxset from Rhino. Extra features aside it's a nice collection. Though the Beast Wars sets really could have used some more features.

I agree on both points. The lack of special features for a series as good as Beast Wars is just depressing. I didn't really care about the lack of features with the Beast Machines set. :P
Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (181160)
Posted by Galaxy Optimus Primal on June 24th, 2007 @ 4:04pm CDT
It's different cover art which I expected, but looks good. Simple and cool. I'm really happy with this edition, because I'm live in Hugnary and I lack of R2 DVDs.
When Rhino release the whol BM series I'm verry sad, but now I've the chance to buy the whole series! I don't care the extra materials.
Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (181502)
Posted by i_amtrunks on June 24th, 2007 @ 7:26pm CDT
I can tell you right now Hotrod that that is not the cover for both Australia and Europe. Australia is NOT getting a season box-set of Beast Machines, just individual discs with 6 or 7 episodes a disc.

Season 1 has already been released in Australia, over two discs, 6 episodes on disc 1 and 7 on disc 2.
Disc 1: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/792962
Disc 2: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/792963

Thats what happens when Madman doesnt get the rights to Transformers. No extras, no features, nothing. :-(
Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (182335)
Posted by Wing Zero Custom on June 25th, 2007 @ 5:10am CDT
It's already out in the Netherlands, and the boxart pic was already online in May.
Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (182524)
Posted by BigBot on June 25th, 2007 @ 8:18am CDT
The box art was online a while ago.

One thing I will give to Sony is even though there are no special features, £7 at HMV.co.uk or Play.com for 13 episodes is a very good deal and may even convince BM haters to give it a try.
Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (185198)
Posted by Roboto750 on June 26th, 2007 @ 4:01pm CDT
The box art is done very well and seems to sum up the theme and mood of the series very well.
Re: Box Art for Sony's Region 2 Beast Machines Season 1 DVD Revealed (185494)
Posted by Skullgrin140 on June 26th, 2007 @ 6:01pm CDT
I'm diggin the box art :D also, I'm looking forward to the DVD release

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cyberverse scout Bumblebee Megatron Optimus Prime Starscream lot 4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cliffjumper Cyberverse NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Topshot and Flak - New " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Firedrive - New- Bent Package" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan Salvage - J98" on EBAY
Buy "EUC COG Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron  weaponizer  Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Graham and Tunnel Drill from Transformers Rescue Bots - Very Good Condition." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Series 2 001 Bumblebee (MISB)" on EBAY