Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron

Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron

Tuesday, April 26th, 2016 8:43am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,605

TF Yuki has posted an image of the box art for Unite Warriors Computron. It is stated that it's a work in progress, ending the post with "This is so cool!". It is so fun to see all the passion and fun these designers have in bringing us these awesome products. If you want to see the individual toys, the pictures are available here.

Transformers News: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron

To those curious, here is the supposed Hasbro Box Art for their release of Computron.

Credit(s): tf yuki

This article was last modified on Tuesday, April 26th, 2016 8:47am CDT

Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784317)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 26th, 2016 @ 8:52am CDT
TT really knows how to package their wares! Just love those panoramic battle scene in the back of their boxes. In fact, during G1, they also used their own paintings besides those by Mangiat.
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784319)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 26th, 2016 @ 8:55am CDT
That art sure looks nice and it almost looks like there should be another box next to it to show you who computron is firing at.

Once I get my comp up and running I may have to see if there is larger versions out there
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784324)
Posted by o.supreme on April 26th, 2016 @ 9:08am CDT
Cool we got the UW Computron diagonal box shot. But UW-06 comes out in 4 days, and we still don't have a full frontal (no pun intended) box shot of it, and the usual window box preview...
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784328)
Posted by StarFireMk4 on April 26th, 2016 @ 9:30am CDT

Linky: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1065791-tfyuki-teasing-unite-warriors-valdigus.html

Obviously I'm optimistic, but wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen.
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784330)
Posted by william-james88 on April 26th, 2016 @ 9:37am CDT
StarFireMk4 wrote:According to this post on the news sub-forum on TFW, it looks like Yuki may (or may not) be teasing a Renuation (?) repaint of Bruticus.

Obviously I'm optimistic, but wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

The post just says happy birthday since this marks the 15th anniversary of car robots. Its not a tease like we saw before.
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784332)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 26th, 2016 @ 9:59am CDT
This makes me very excited for the guy to come out! :MAXIMAL:
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784333)
Posted by steals_your_goats on April 26th, 2016 @ 10:02am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Obviously I'm optimistic, but wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

I'm not saying this post means anything but if they we're doing a ruination repaint why would they do a teaser like we saw before? With the standard silhouettes it's obvious which combiner they're doing but for a straight repaint it would be more vague.
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784338)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 26th, 2016 @ 11:08am CDT
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784341)
Posted by Kurona on April 26th, 2016 @ 12:16pm CDT
Nah; do the Wreckers FOC Ruination.
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784342)
Posted by Autobot N on April 26th, 2016 @ 12:17pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Nah; do the Wreckers FOC Ruination.

I would upvote the heck out of this if there was an upvote button.
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784343)
Posted by Kurona on April 26th, 2016 @ 12:20pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:
Kurona wrote:Nah; do the Wreckers FOC Ruination.

I would upvote the heck out of this if there was an upvote button.

Coming from other forums like Smogon I really miss having a Like button :p

Seriously tho an RiD Ruination would be a nice repaint. It'd surprise me tho since Takara's Unite Warriors line so far has had an impressive streak of having no straight-up redecos - at the very least every figure has a unique head.
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784353)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 26th, 2016 @ 1:19pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Nah; do the Wreckers FOC Ruination.

I have the FoC version and I wish it was as good as these combiners. I would be game for this :MAXIMAL:
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784357)
Posted by .... on April 26th, 2016 @ 1:51pm CDT

Kurona wrote:
Autobot N wrote:
Kurona wrote:Nah; do the Wreckers FOC Ruination.

I would upvote the heck out of this if there was an upvote button.

Coming from other forums like Smogon I really miss having a Like button :p

So much YES.
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784358)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 26th, 2016 @ 2:01pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Omg the Nosecone leg on UW Computron even looks horrible in the box art. So sad. Hasbro's just is a better choice in my opinion.

That may be the one bummer about this over Hasbro. Individually unite Nosecone is significantly better, but combined he is not as good as Hasbros. But that is pretty much the story across the board, with all of the takara ones looking better individually, but Nosecone is the one case where the combined mode on Hasbro looks better. I think Takara wins this one. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784359)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 26th, 2016 @ 2:01pm CDT

Well, you have to keep the drill attached to the knee, that's just storage, you can attache it to comps' wrist in lieu of a hand - it's what I would do 8-)
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784360)
Posted by .... on April 26th, 2016 @ 2:05pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Hasbro's also comes with better combiner pieces, those couple extra little figures (forgot their names), AND a better color scheme in my opinion. A better use of money in my opinion. Why spend 150 USD on the Takara version, then spend 30 to 50 MORE dollars for an upgrade set, when I can get it all at once for only 100 USD in a box set with better colors AND more figures? :???:
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784362)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 26th, 2016 @ 2:09pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

That't totally your opinion, though if your prices are a bit off as you can get him for $130 shipped, which is what I'm going to do. to me, despite Hasbro having those hands and feet and Scrounge, Takara went so much farther making this a true technobots set. Nosecone and Lightspeed are mere repaints without proper heads on Hasbro, and the Computron torso is just a miscolored Superion torso, which to me sticks out. I like that Takara did differentiate the torso, Scattershot in robot mode, and Nosecone and Lightspeed in both modes. To me, they did it better, and I don't pose my combiners doing some weird A-stances, and I like the HFG, so to me it isn't a deal breaker. Plus, Screamer has the right idea about a drill hand! :MAXIMAL:
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784363)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 26th, 2016 @ 2:12pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Whatever man, I've never had an issue with the hfg's >:oP

I wouldn't mind grabbing hasbro's comps if I found it at hts for 20% off, but if I were going to get any more combiners, it'd easily be TT's version, they went so far above and beyond on it, and even throw in a ton of additional guns.
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784364)
Posted by william-james88 on April 26th, 2016 @ 2:14pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:A Battle gear (?) ( Battle Gaia) version would be better. That's how I pronounce him in english, 'cause "Battle earth" sounds loopey and girly 8-}

I too always prefer using the term Gaia than "earth". Thats translating things a bit too far.
Re: Box Art Revealed for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron (1784365)
Posted by .... on April 26th, 2016 @ 2:14pm CDT
Yeah you guys do you, but for me personally, I am gonna save money and get the one I like more. I also think the Hasbro one captures the G1 toy look a lot better, which is the version I like more.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CLASSICS DELUXE STARSCREAM DECEPTICON SEEKER Generations Universe" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager Class - Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation Combiner Wars 2015 G2 Deluxe Class Air Raid Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY