Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition

Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition

Saturday, August 14th, 2010 11:05am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 52,263

Sight Sponsor TFSource let us know that they've updated their site with box art for the upcoming WST Comic Edition Dinorobot Giftset. Check out the preorder here.

Credit(s): TFSource

This article was last modified on Monday, August 16th, 2010 8:00pm CDT

Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113132)
Posted by Zeds on August 14th, 2010 @ 11:13am CDT
Nice! Glad I pre-ordered mine!
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113164)
Posted by robotrik on August 14th, 2010 @ 1:16pm CDT
Is it me or does Grimlock looks like his masterpiece version ?
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113181)
Posted by Forgotten on August 14th, 2010 @ 2:09pm CDT
robotrik wrote:Is it me or does Grimlock looks like his masterpiece version ?

I thought MP-8x was the entire reason this got going in the first place. Love the box art.
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113182)
Posted by GaffaTrion on August 14th, 2010 @ 2:14pm CDT
this looks awesome!
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113186)
Posted by Forgotten on August 14th, 2010 @ 2:23pm CDT
GaffaTrion wrote:this looks awesome!

Agreed. Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay.
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113192)
Posted by GaffaTrion on August 14th, 2010 @ 2:33pm CDT
thanks, Forgotten
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113245)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 14th, 2010 @ 5:18pm CDT

Is this an American exclusive, or Asian? If it's going to have an American release, I'm getting these instead of the PCC version. :lol: :lol: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113252)
Posted by Forgotten on August 14th, 2010 @ 5:57pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Thought this was the PCC Dinobots at first. My bad. :lol: Anyway, back to what I was about to say....

I believe it will be a TFsource.com exclusive set, I've ordered some stuff from them & they got it to Mississippi in a timely manner. I am considering getting it. But i'm really leaning more towards ordering the special clear/lucky draw style mix packs they have instead.
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113325)
Posted by Trikeboy on August 14th, 2010 @ 10:19pm CDT
While I am not denying it looks great, I am a little disappointed with it. It is just the box art for Dark Retrobution in colour. I wanted something new. Anyway, I have too many of those little guys (2 regular sets, all tfsource xmas exclusives and all other exclusives) so I won't be buying it any time soon. I love them but there are other things coming out I would rather buy (Crossfire, Unicron, Primus etc). If there are some still available later, I will probably buy them. Justitoys and Fansproject are the only 3rd parties that deserve my money.
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113454)
Posted by DMSL on August 15th, 2010 @ 8:51am CDT
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113477)
Posted by Trikeboy on August 15th, 2010 @ 10:14am CDT
DMSL wrote:Pass on these, i have 2 of the WST Dinobots and they are pieces of shit that fall apart when you merely look at them funny.

Really, I find them to be fantasticly made (except Swoops launchers don't stay on the wing and Snarl's waist is a little loose). Mine don't fall apart at all. In my opinion, the WST Dinorobots are much better made than the official WST's from Takara.
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113581)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on August 15th, 2010 @ 8:24pm CDT
I'm not exactly sure what this set is. Anyone shed some light on this for me?
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113596)
Posted by Forgotten on August 15th, 2010 @ 8:52pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:I'm not exactly sure what this set is. Anyone shed some light on this for me?

It's a set of Dinobots that are barely bigger than a quarter. Super shrunk down G1 molds with color schemes to match the MP-8X King Grimlock, with shinier silver/grey & blue where the black would normally be. That's about all I can say.
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113721)
Posted by jgilkinson on August 16th, 2010 @ 7:21am CDT
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113900)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on August 16th, 2010 @ 6:08pm CDT
Forgotten wrote:

Oh I see. Thanks for the info Forgotten. Not really that interested in these guys though.
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1113906)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 16th, 2010 @ 6:26pm CDT
jgilkinson wrote:Visually they did a fantastic job on this guys given their size but after so many reissues please please please hasbro/takara give us the real thing. Surely all the WST dinos that have sold would have covered the cost of a remold or whatever the supposed problem is.

A reissue of G1 dinobots would be awesome, but WST dinobots are not made by Hasbro/Takara, they are made by Justittoys so Has/Tak has not profited off them. On that note, shouldn't this thread be in the 3rd party/KO section?
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1114214)
Posted by jgilkinson on August 17th, 2010 @ 1:05pm CDT
UnknownTrans4mingBot wrote:

Sorry I wasnt clear in my post. I ment to say that the money the wst dinos have make should be able to justify to Hasb/Tak they should redo the orig. But of course if they havent gathered that by listening to fans I dont think they will get it this way either.
Re: Box Art Revealed for WST Dinorobot Giftset- Comic Edition (1114291)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 17th, 2010 @ 4:14pm CDT
jgilkinson wrote:
UnknownTrans4mingBot wrote:

Then you should know that the G1 Dinobot molds are rumored to be either broken or lost. That, and Takara doesn't even look at profits other than their own. :)

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return SKULLSMASHER & GRAX Deluxe Class Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Voyager Brainstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Autobot Headmaster Retro G1 Re-Issue Brainstorm Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 Headmaster Reissue WEIRDWOLF Brand New! Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmaster Weirdwolf Reissue Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Ultra Magnus Fall of Cybertron FoC" on EBAY
Buy "HEADMASTER Skullcruncher TRANSFORMERS G1 Hasbro 1986 Figure Vintage Collectible" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Exclusive Generations Fall Of Cybertron Voyager Blaster" on EBAY