Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight

Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight

Tuesday, June 20th, 2017 10:47pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Press Releases
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 16,245

With the movie now upon us, Deadline Hollywood has uploaded a new story highlighting what they think will happen money-wise with The Last Knight. While the United States don't appear to be holding a strong torch at the moment, with an estimated 5 day total of $70 million, down from $100 million for Age of Extinction, it is expected that international markets will push this movie to be a hit overall. You can find some of the highlighted text below, and you can read up on the whole story by following the above link.

In what looks to be another case of summer franchise fatigue at the domestic box office, Paramount’s Transformers: The Last Knight opens tonight in the U.S. and it’s projected to be the lowest opening in the Hasbro cinematic series with a five-day take of $70 million at 3,800 theaters.

.....

Age Of Extinction per Deadline’s film finance sources, minted a profit of $250M after all ancillaries with an estimated $30M in revenue coming from merchandising — the real reason why studios continue to keep these dusty franchises in business, particularly with the wane of home entertainment monies. Age Of Extinction and 2011’s Dark Of The Moon cleared $1.1 billion and $1.12B at the global box office, respectively, and the trick for Paramount is getting Last Knight to that same result.

Credit(s): Deadline Hollywood

Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891053)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 20th, 2017 @ 11:54pm CDT
Honestly, I think that the fact that it was so heavily promoted, and having a shorter run-time, as well as opening in nearly 4,000 theaters, it will hit 100 million bucks in 5 days. Probably get to a billion as well by the time it's through.
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891065)
Posted by dabattousai on June 21st, 2017 @ 2:27am CDT
Just got back from seeing the movie and was disappointed with a lot of the concepts, one of them being a spoiler so I will not say. I really hope Michael Bay is done after this...
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891067)
Posted by Burn on June 21st, 2017 @ 2:48am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Just saw TLK. I never thought I'd see the day. I never thought I'd see the goddamn day where I walk out of a Transformers movie, not only disappointed, but pissed the **** off. I don't know. Maybe I'm going insane. Maybe I'm just being conformed to be just like everyone else on this stupid ass planet. I don't know. I'm going to need to sleep on this before I just start going off.

For reference, the first 2/3's of this movie were brilliant. Everything I ever wanted in a TF movie. But that last act... goddamn, did the writers and producers just stop giving a ****. I'm sorry, but I need to sleep on what I just saw. I feel broken and empty right now, and I just can't wrap my head around it at the moment.

Just remember that you have people here that care about you and can share in your misery. Rest well!

Heck no! He's given us 8 years of misery, 8 years of abuse, 8 years of condescension, he can suffer in his jocks on his own!
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891068)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 21st, 2017 @ 3:02am CDT
Having seen the first showing for the Cincinnati area I don't see why The Last Knight can't do what it's predecessor did. The only thing I would have liked to see was more Dinobot action.
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891088)
Posted by Va'al on June 21st, 2017 @ 4:49am CDT
The official Steve Jablonsky Facebook page has posted an update from the Transformers music composer - including for The Last Knight - confirming his presence this Friday 23 June in LA, for the Score: A Film Music Documentary, for a Q&A and more!

Hey if you're in LA this coming Friday and want to come say hi and ask me stuff.....maybe questions like "how did you get to be so awesome?" or "is it difficult being so awesome?".....I'll be hanging out at this ArcLight Cinema for a screening of Score: A Film Music Documentary. Hope to meet some of you there!

But if you're here for The Last Knight news, as you probably are, we have a non-update on the full score for the movie, thanks to Jablonsky himself on Twitter. We'll just have to keep waiting for now...

Don't have an official release date yet but it's currently sitting on my desktop

Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891089)
Posted by Va'al on June 21st, 2017 @ 4:56am CDT
Notified by a Hasbro Twitter update, we have images of another type of screening for Transformers: The Last Knight, featuring both cast member Mark Wahlberg and Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner - a charity screening for the Mark Wahlber Youth Foundation! Check out the images featuring the two below, and let us know if you attended any special screenings by you in the Energon Pub!

Have spoilers or want to discuss the movie itself with other fans who've seen it? Head to our spoiler thread for TLK - right here!

IMAGE DISTRIBUTED FOR HASBRO - TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT star, Mark Wahlberg talks to the crowd during the pre-screening festivities at the TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT Charity Premiere with the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation at Showcase LIVE, Patriot Place in Foxborough, Mass., Monday, June 19, 2017. (Photo by Stew Milne/Invision for Hasbro/AP Images)

Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891106)
Posted by TurboMMaster on June 21st, 2017 @ 7:13am CDT
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

No this long here, but I agree. To be honest, If Sly liked DOTM, witch was a terrible movie for me, then maybe we should take dis disappointment as a good coin :-? ?

And considering Author, no doubt about soundtrack in this one. He never dissapoints.
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891135)
Posted by dragons on June 21st, 2017 @ 9:24am CDT
I liked movie compare what we get in cartoons and comics it kind matched up good little girl parts where little slow hope we get sequel not reboot to see unicron in sequel some new directors are good on series and some new directors are bad where series had left new director picking up gi joe retaliation better than first, batman forever and batman robin bad bat nipples on guy costumes and no bat nipples on batgirl costume costumes don't need nipples but guys get them not female, and city was to colorful,.

If we get sequel by new director it could be bad or good
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891137)
Posted by robotcaveman on June 21st, 2017 @ 9:27am CDT
Just saw the movie last knight. BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891146)
Posted by Big Grim on June 21st, 2017 @ 10:09am CDT
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891150)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 21st, 2017 @ 10:18am CDT
TurboMMaster wrote:
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I think I still liked TLK more than DOTM. I never really cared for the first half of DOTM, whereas only the last act of TLK retroactively ruined the rest of the movie. It was like they were building up a bunch of interesting concepts that either just never went anywhere, or just completely fell apart. AOE is still my favorite.
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891158)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 21st, 2017 @ 10:55am CDT
Big Grim wrote:Whoa. The last few reviews of this film are freakin' savage. This film is worse that AoE? That's hard to imagine.

I don't think that is really the case, but we will cover that in some spoiler reviews later!
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891160)
Posted by Big Grim on June 21st, 2017 @ 11:16am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

We'll see in time, sure. I mean, these reviews are not from TF sites.
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891161)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 21st, 2017 @ 11:21am CDT
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891163)
Posted by Deadput on June 21st, 2017 @ 11:33am CDT

Keeping my expectations low especially since Sly himself is disappointed which worries me as someone who is a fan who can accept and overlook the flaws of the previous films.
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891164)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on June 21st, 2017 @ 11:36am CDT
So sad...
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891166)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 21st, 2017 @ 11:51am CDT
Deadput wrote:Have not seen the movie myself yet (But will today) I heard the first hour is the best part.

I'd say the first hour and a half are great. There's a moment halfway through one particular fight scene where you can tell the writers just stopped giving a shit. Even the quality of the dialogue dropped exponentially, and it stayed that way through the rest of the movie.

I was fine with AOE's shitty dialogue, because it was throughout the entire movie. That was its style. But here, some of the best dialogue that's ever been uttered in the entire franchise permeated the first half, while the second half dropped even below AOE's standards. And it's not just the dialogue that drops. You'll just have to see for yourself.
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891167)
Posted by william-james88 on June 21st, 2017 @ 11:52am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:What hurts me the most about this movie is that I feel like I'm betraying the movie franchise by being disappointed by TLK. I've been the only person willing to defend these movies to the death, but now I don't feel like I can't do that with this one. I wanted to like it much more than I do, but I can't, and I truly feel like I'm betraying something here.

What makes this film so much worse than the rest?
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891170)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 21st, 2017 @ 11:55am CDT
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 wrote:I saw this movie at a fan screening last night...This movie has destroyed any chance of me caring of any transformer movie moving forward into the future of Michael bay films. I can't believe no one was on deck to tell him to trash this movie.
So sad...

It's not Bay's fault at all. It was the producers that ruined it. They were going to make Bay shoot without a completed script. BAY is the one who had to force them to hire a team of writers. And this is what they gave him. That's why I think Bay wants out of the franchise after this movie. They gave him bullshit to work with, out of spite.
Re: Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight (1891174)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 21st, 2017 @ 11:57am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

What makes this film so much worse than the rest?

There were so many plot points that were brought up that were just glossed over. Even the knights and the creators, which was my absolute favorite part of AOE, the mystery behind them, was completely glossed over. Anything else, and I'd be getting into spoilers.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Legend Class Bumblebee cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "transformers vintage lot Hightower, Grimlock, Rollbar (used/incomplete with Box)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 57 Offroad Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Armada Unicron with minicon Dead End 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Original G1 Transformers Constructicon Scrapper Laser Pistol Weapon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Megatron Robo Fighters Figure 2011 NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Mechtech MUDFLAP Autobot Intermediate Level 2" on EBAY