Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox

Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox

Monday, March 28th, 2016 6:00am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,923

In non-official comics news, but worth a look anyway for comics-leaning Transformers fans, the custom made Prime Time set might be your storage solution for the single issue runs of your favourite series! The Boxes in Action store on Storenvy offers an Optimus Prime truck longbox, with a fairly hefty price tag - check it out below!

This box set includes the Truck and Trailer. The Trailer is the size of a regular standard long box and the Truck is slightly shorter than a standard short box. Both hold comics or your boxed collectibles. This item ships by UPS in April 2016.

Transformers News: Boxes in Action Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox

Transformers News: Boxes in Action Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox

Transformers News: Boxes in Action Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox

Transformers News: Boxes in Action Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox

Transformers News: Boxes in Action Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox

Credit(s): Boxes in Action

Re: Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox (1775934)
Posted by BumbleDouche on March 28th, 2016 @ 6:13am CDT
Lol what a pointless non-solution for a problem nobody has... Or am I wrong?
Re: Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox (1775936)
Posted by Va'al on March 28th, 2016 @ 6:17am CDT
MegaDump wrote:Lol what a pointless non-solution for a problem nobody has... Or am I wrong?

Longboxes are always welcome, and this is a nice idea for a wealthier collector.
But too expensive for anyone I know, really.
Re: Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox (1775940)
Posted by Gunmetal on March 28th, 2016 @ 7:18am CDT

I used comic boxes back when I was into comics. (Since I still have most of those comics, I'm technically still using them.) My extra boxes are used to hold other things because a box is still a box. (With padding, typical deluxe class figures fit sideways...just saying.)

I wouldn't want all of my boxes to be this, but I could see someone putting this set on top of the stack, especially if they don't have closet space and have them in the open.
Re: Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox (1775941)
Posted by Kyleor on March 28th, 2016 @ 7:25am CDT
That box would be a good way to store figures you don't want to display at the moment, or store accessories/weapons/parts, or instruction manuals, and you can still use the box as a display piece.
Re: Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox (1775950)
Posted by Emerje on March 28th, 2016 @ 8:37am CDT
They're $45 a set, but they also offer two sets for $60 bringing them to $30 each which is only a little more than you'd pay for a standard long and short box together ($26 or so). I figure the cab is probably 12" if it's shorter than standard (16") and the standard long box trailer should be 28" so you're getting about 40" of box. So yeah, if you're buying two sets it's a good price for four printed boxes.

Emerje
Re: Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox (1775962)
Posted by BumbleDouche on March 28th, 2016 @ 9:18am CDT
Randomus wrote:

Perhaps I'm an oddball exception lol. Personally, I used to put individual issues into plastic sleeves & store them in binders (20 issues per binder - the small, softcover kind & fairly tightly packed so the comics wouldn't bend). I'd then write (or print) on the spine what comic series it contained, along with the issue numbers (e.g. Fantastic Four, Vol 3 #01-20) & arrange them onto bookshelves. For me, that just seemed less cumbersome, made it easier to locate specific issues & less ugly than having boxes piled up about the place. I had no idea boxes were popular with collectors, until I just now did a Google search... I thought their use was more limited to comic book dealers storing their back issues lol. :CON:
Re: Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox (1776155)
Posted by Super Megatron on March 29th, 2016 @ 12:04am CDT

You are definitely not wrong. It's just another way to make a quick buck off of someone who blindly buys anything related related Optimus Prime, no matter how remotely related or ridiculously expensive.
Re: Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox (1793783)
Posted by Va'al on May 31st, 2016 @ 8:05am CDT
Fellow Seibertronian xRotorstormx sends us a peculiar sighting from Nashville, TN. Remember those custom Optimus Prime comic book longboxes, priced at about $30-$40 each? It looks like they eventually made it to other retailers outside of the original one, and have been found at $16.99! Though we have no idea about the reason for the price difference, we do get another good look at the collectable collecting item for collectors - check out the pictures below.

I got it at the Great Escape, Nashville, TN. They have two locations and the one I got it at was at Charlotte Avenue. When I walked in they had 3 total on display (from what I saw) .

Re: Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox (1793811)
Posted by Magna Prime on May 31st, 2016 @ 9:38am CDT
Found them at a con a couple of weeks ago for $15.
The big issue seems to be the shipping according to the vendor. Bought two of them.
The entire Marvel and Dreamwave run can fit in one (not every variant mind but still).
Honestly, I am really happy with these, great way to store the comics.
And I still have an empty truck cab and a lot of space in one trailer to fill out.
Re: Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox (1793816)
Posted by triKlops on May 31st, 2016 @ 9:42am CDT
Great to see they have been found for a reasonable price somewhere.
Now i will have to keep my eyes peeled in my area.
Re: Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox (1793829)
Posted by Mkall on May 31st, 2016 @ 10:26am CDT
All of a sudden, my boxes seem insufficient for comic book storage
Re: Boxes in Action Transformers Optimus Prime Truck Custom Longbox (1793963)
Posted by Brakazar76 on May 31st, 2016 @ 3:52pm CDT
Great Escape in Bowling Green, KY has/had some as of Saturday.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Universe Ratchet COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Timelines Universe Ironhide w/ weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobody Roadbuster SEALED " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DOTM Mechtech Voyager Class Shockwave Action Figure 2011 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RAMJET - G2-Botcon Club 2011 -USA generation 2 redux seeker" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers DOTM Deluxe Class Autobot Sideswipe Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY