Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event

Transformers News: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event

Tuesday, April 4th, 2017 7:27PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 26,079

Fellow Seibertronian karyuudo attended the IMAX special Transformers The Last Knight Preview event and reported the following to us:

karyuudo wrote:Free USB key and TLK poster was given out.

They showed new footage which included some of the previously mentioned scenes a huge battle
King Arthur
Merlin drinking
Isabella's "boyfriend" Canopy getting killed and Cade + Bumblebee saving them
the Autobots in the junkyard
Cade his assistant and Isabella running from the TRF machines
meeting Cog and Cade getting knocked out of a window while holding onto a flyer
Cog breaking Crosshair's finger
Cade being given a bracelet tied to his destiny or something
Cade and Bumblebee meeting Anthony Hopkins character
a tank Autobot
Hot Rod and some British philosophy prof
some clips of the Knights of the Round Table with the 12 Cybertron Knights
Hot Rod talking with a horribly fake French accent
some clips of Optimus finding Quintessa's planet
a clip of Megatron possibly holding his old head
parts of Cybertronian artifacts lifting from the earth
clips of Bumblebee fighting Prime and Cade telling him "this isn't you!"

That's about all I can remember right now :michaelbay:

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871732)
Posted by william-james88 on April 4th, 2017 @ 7:36pm CDT
Michael bay has released a video through the official Weibo Transformers page (we have the youtube version below) about an event hosted by him in China which will celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Transformers Live Action Movie franchise. The city the event takes place in is still undecided and it is up to fans to vote.

The cities this 10th Anniversary Gala can take place in are the following:

1) Shaanxi Xi’an
2) Sichuan Chengdu
3) Shanghai
4) Henan Zhengzhou
5) Canton Guangzhou

It is currently unclear where and how to vote so if any of you know more, please let us know!

Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871733)
Posted by karyuudo on April 4th, 2017 @ 7:37pm CDT
Here's what we got at the event. Poster and USB key.
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871772)
Posted by Arsnof on April 4th, 2017 @ 9:25pm CDT
Prowl4 wrote:Friend of mine went to the event. Said hot rods French accent is awful and he gave that feedback to paramount.

Is it wrong that I can see MTMTE Hot Rod doing that accent on purpose just because he thinks it makes him sound fancier?
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871773)
Posted by Kurona on April 4th, 2017 @ 9:27pm CDT
Arsnof wrote:

The dude heard the name 'Rodimus', thought it sounded cool and named himself that after all of 2 seconds thought. He is exactly the type of person who would do that :lol:
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871812)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 4th, 2017 @ 11:24pm CDT

Make that 2 gripes: the fact that everyone is comedic relief, and Hot Rod's accent. That is all.

Also, that was definitely Starscream's head Megatron was holding.

Oh, and is the event I went to the only one that handed out free Transformers T-shirts?
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871813)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2017 @ 11:29pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:Spent 6 to 7 hours on the road just to see the 30 minutes of footage, and it was worth it. I only have one gripe, but it's a persistent gripe. It seems like they're going back to the first 3 movies, where every character is a comedic relief character. AOE is my favorite for many reasons, but one of those reasons is because they moved away from that.
But Lucas, Shane, and Joshua were comic relief characters as well.
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871814)
Posted by william-james88 on April 4th, 2017 @ 11:31pm CDT

Also, that was definitely Starscream's head Megatron was holding.

Aw fuck! I too really liked AOE for that step in the right direction. It was what i was but without the need to always make us laugh. These arent comedies, they are big awesome sci fi action films, comedy is not the main element. Its perfectly fine in small doese (like Stanley Tucci and those older chinese women) but not as the main element alwys around. SO I was glad that was done for.
But this means its back to that, aaargh. Hopefully they used those parts because there wasnt much spoilerish stuff in that footage and what we preffer will still be in the film more. Here's hoping.

Glad you found that drive worth it though ;)^
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871815)
Posted by william-james88 on April 4th, 2017 @ 11:32pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
But Lucas, Shane, and Joshua were comic relief characters as well.

Lucas paid for his sins :twisted:

And Joshua was legitimately funny. Unlike John Malkovich :SICK:
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871818)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 4th, 2017 @ 11:42pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
But Lucas, Shane, and Joshua were comic relief characters as well.

That's not everyone.
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871820)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2017 @ 11:47pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
But Lucas, Shane, and Joshua were comic relief characters as well.

That's not everyone.
Nor was "everyone" from the first three comic relief either.

Lennox, Epps, Mikaela, Simmons (in the first movie only), John Keller, Maggie, Tom Banachek, Morshower, Galloway (for most of his scenes, only his last two scenes were comic relief), Carly, Mearing, and Dylan Gould were all main characters who weren't comic relief.
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871823)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 5th, 2017 @ 12:11am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Also, that was definitely Starscream's head Megatron was holding.

Aw ****! I too really liked AOE for that step in the right direction. It was what i was but without the need to always make us laugh. These arent comedies, they are big awesome sci fi action films, comedy is not the main element. Its perfectly fine in small doese (like Stanley Tucci and those older chinese women) but not as the main element alwys around. SO I was glad that was done for.

Glad you found that drive worth it though ;)^

I'm thinking that's why they chose those scenes too, so nothing major is spoiled. A lot of the scenes were choppy and unfinished, and there were even a few shots where the CGI was still in its beginning stages.

And aside from the scene where he's played for comedic relief, I really liked Cogman. I already want to see him get his own spinoff, since that's what they're doing.

They barely showed any of Optimus, but when they did, he was either getting his ass beat by Bumblebee or the other knights.

But the shot that really sticks with me out of all of this is the shot of Megatron holding Starscream's head. That got me the most excited. There's another shot that got me excited, and it's of Hot Rod falling through some kind of Cybertronian structure. It reminded me of the end of the 86' movie when Hot Rod and Galvatron were inside of Unicron.

And I don't want to spoil this, but there's a mention of the Witwicky family line that has some interesting implications.

Bumblebee and Hot Rod shooting up the Nazi camp was also cool.
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871827)
Posted by Deadput on April 5th, 2017 @ 1:20am CDT
Just got back from seeing the movie with all the cool goodies I went there with 4 people including myself and a friend in one group and then my Mum and sis in the second I also went there wearing my Allspark shard necklace souvenir from Universal Studios.

I have not been this excited for any movie like this in a long time I got the very rare moment for me where you feel warm in your "heart" and being so excited you almost feel nervous it made me feel alive.

I remember why I love these movies in the first place... their entertaining and give good memories I forgotten what that felt like since Aoe while good to me still had some problems so I didn't feel the "magic" that time around heck my own mother is excited to see this movie too since she loves knights and has read stories about them in her youth and it helps that she loves Mark Wahlberg as an actor also me and her have always went to the theater to watch them for every single one and she was already a fan of Prime, Bee and Crosshairs while this time around she instantly likes Hot Rod and Cogman but she still hates Hound because she hates John Goodman because she hates his acting and voice.

The visuals were stunning even with some of them unfinished and I can't wait to see it in 3d Imax it's definitely a vast improvement over AOE and more like DOTM which was an excellent movie experience in both 3d and 2d.

When the Paromount official was taking "suggestions" from us after the even I gave my thoughts on what to do for the future and she wrote them down.

1: Loved how they are bringing events from previous movies and binding them together and I said I would love to see some more of it such as what happened to characters who did not show up again like Sideswipe and Dino (I made sure I mentioned those two), 2: I mentioned how I think a good idea is to continue making new characters with new names like Cogman while bringing characters with classic names like Hot Rod. 3: Mentioned how I would love to see even more variety with some of the vehicles like what was shown at this event, 4: More Decepticons especially if they have character like the Autobots from Aoe and this film, 5: Mentioned how a great idea for the next film would be a contest to get a role as an extra or even perhaps a voice actor for a minor Transformer if they have the experience.

All in all I loved this event with my only problem being that some kids use the B word in the movie which shocked me but I don't personally care but others might also the overuse of the word "shit" not because of the word itself since at this point I don't even think it's that bad a word anymore but it feels like someone says it every 5 seconds.

I really loved the lore of this everything about the knight stuff was absolutely amazing and is something that is pretty cool and has not been done in Transformers before and I love how some knights of the round table were Cybertronian it's a great touch.

Finally I want to say this... Hot Rod's accent is supposed to be awful that's the point even Hot Rod says he hates it but he can't just help himself anyways I thought him and Cogman were great new characters and I can't wait to see more of them and I also love how Crosshairs seems to be having a bigger role this time around since he is leading in Bee's absence which is some nice subtle character development from him considering AOE and how he was at the end of that film with him obviously having some new found respect.

I would love to meet Bay someday he seems like a really cool guy and I do want to thank him for making the movies not for being good because of deep storytelling or amazing characters but for being a great entertaining experience that even my family can love which is the best I can hope for I honestly think this is going to be the best one yet and that's not completely because of bias I mean I wouldn't write this darn long post otherwise.
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871830)
Posted by Deadput on April 5th, 2017 @ 1:29am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:

At this point I think it's safe to say that Anthony Hopkin's character is a Witwicky since he met Bee as a kid or the Witwicky's were decedents of one of the Knights anyways I loved how the line was used here

Also unrelated but wanted to mention this to anybody who did were not able to attend but want to know about the Tank guy Tank bot does not have a top hat it's more like a helmet that resembles a military hat and he kinda has a Hound vibe but no Beard or "fat" but he does have a monacle which we don't really see on his face since it falls off of him.

His name is not stated nor does he talk (clearly anyways) but the word "Bulldog" is on his tank form so that could be his name since that would go good with Hound.

Hound and Bulldog... I like that.
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871832)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 5th, 2017 @ 1:32am CDT
Deadput wrote:All in all I loved this event with my only problem being that some kids use the B word in the movie which shocked me but I don't personally care but others might also the overuse of the word "****" not because of the word itself since at this point I don't even think it's that bad a word anymore but it feels like someone says it every 5 seconds.

Oh yeah, that's another gripe of mine. Every other sentence, it was "shit" this and "shit" that. It seemed to me like at least some of it would be edited in the final cut, but from what they showed us, there was a lot of "shit"ting going on in this movie.
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871835)
Posted by Deadput on April 5th, 2017 @ 1:34am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:

Oh yeah, that's another gripe of mine. Every other sentence, it was "****" this and "****" that. It seemed to me like at least some of it would be edited in the final cut, but from what they showed us, there was a lot of "****"ting going on in this movie.

One could say it was quite the shit storm just like the nonexistent lost Seeker :-D . ( I realize there are censors on this site but the word is not being used negatively and I don't think an unassuming child would be able to understand while we older folk will be able to get it)
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871884)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 5th, 2017 @ 9:05am CDT
Deadput wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

One could say it was quite the **** storm just like the nonexistent lost Seeker :-D . ( I realize there are censors on this site but the word is not being used negatively and I don't think an unassuming child would be able to understand while we older folk will be able to get it)
Until this third post clarified that it was the S-word, I thought y'all were referring to the F-bomb. :oops:
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871895)
Posted by Seibertron on April 5th, 2017 @ 9:43am CDT
Deadput wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

Oh $#!+! What are we gonna do now?

Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871900)
Posted by william-james88 on April 5th, 2017 @ 9:53am CDT
This is by far the best profanity in Transfomers I have ever seen:

Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871902)
Posted by Arsnof on April 5th, 2017 @ 9:56am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:...But the shot that really sticks with me out of all of this is the shot of Megatron holding Starscream's head. That got me the most excited...

So...

As for all the swearing from kids, that's just a bad trend in recent kids' movies. Or, if not kids' movies, movies that are aimed at a younger generation. How many swears did Spider-Man spin in Civil War? Heck, with Power Rangers alone there was a ton of swearing, PLUS it opens up with an extended joke about someone accidentally masturbating a bull. That's not what I would consider appropriate for the intended audience, but I guess it's the norm nowadays.
Re: Breakdown of Footage Shown at Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Preview Event (1871919)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 5th, 2017 @ 10:46am CDT
The UK Paramount Pictures Youtube page has uploaded a new 2 minute long video where Micheal Bay talks about shooting the film in IMAX 3D. Transformers: The Last Knight is the first film to shoot entirely in IMAX 3D, and Bay says he loves 3D and IMAX and wants to keep both industries alive. He is willing to spend the extra $10-15 million to shoot in this style so the film looks as good as possible. He also mentions how he wants to go out with a bang and this film is certainly shaping up to be a scorcher!

Check out the featurette video below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "KRE-O Transformers Stealth Bumblebee & Autobot Jazz Sets (31145 & 98814)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Rid Hasbro Rumble Figure Loose" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME - FIRST EDITION SERIES - STARSCREAM (A24)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME - ROBOTS IN DISGUISE - ULTRA MAGNUS VOYAGER CLASS (A8)" on EBAY
Buy "[ToysHero] In Hand Transformers Generations Siege Galactic Man Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "1995 Transformers Beast Wars: Optimus Primal Bat Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 40 Deluxe Bumblebee Shatter Movie Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Prime VEHICON Complete Warrior 2011" on EBAY