Brochure now available for BotCon 2015

Transformers News: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015

Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 8:55PM CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 17,027

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Earlier this evening, the brochure for BotCon 2015 was posted on BotCon.com. We have mirrored a copy of the brochure on Seibertron.com for your convenience.

BotCon.com wrote:We are very pleased to announce that the 2015 BotCon Information Brochure is now available ONLINE! Check out all the package details and special events from the Information menu button along the left side of the page. Transformers fans will not want to miss this exciting official event!

Please review the information brochure and if you have any questions, please contact us by email at: admin@funpubinc.com and we will create a FAQ page!


Here is a brief summary of the various packages available this year. All prices listed below are for Club members. Non-Club member prices are additional. please see brochure for further details.

  • Primus Package ($409)- This is the primary package if you are interested in obtaining this year's exclusives. It includes Cybertron: Most Wanted Set with Oilmaster, Megatron, Battletrap, Packrat, and Stepper, plus a bonus figure that is not available with non-attendee packages.
  • Mini-Con Package ($120)
  • Protoform Package ($195)
  • Iacon Package ($409) - This is the non-attendee package, excludes the bonus figure.
  • Golden Ticket Upgrade ($400) - for people who like to be first!
  • Frank Welker VIP Pass ($200) - This package upgrade allows access to Frank Welker. This cost is in addition to Primus or Golden Ticket Primus packages.

Exhibitor booths are $450. Single tables are $275. Artists Alley booths are available for $225.

Please join our discussion on our Energon Pub forums to ask questions or share your excitement about our annual pilgrimage to BotCon! See you in June my fellow Seibertronians!

Transformers News: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015
Credit(s): BotCon.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680347)
Posted by philswitch engage on April 28th, 2015 @ 10:04pm CDT
The mob tour event feels a little insulting
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680356)
Posted by philswitch engage on April 28th, 2015 @ 10:25pm CDT
I was just sent an email from the questions@botcon.com stating that an email will be sent out before registration goes live.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680375)
Posted by Seibertron on April 28th, 2015 @ 10:57pm CDT
Has anyone been able to actually book a room with Pheasant Run? I've been trying via the phone and through their website since October with no luck. I was not able to call them until after TFcon weekend.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680409)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 29th, 2015 @ 6:25am CDT
The cost of the convention is getting out of hand. $409 even if you cant attend? The last one I got was about $300 and even then I was hesitant. If these toys are driving up cost, they should scale the box set down. Since I only wanted Battletrap, I'll get him on ebay, along with whatever they want for Flywheels.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680413)
Posted by First Gen on April 29th, 2015 @ 6:57am CDT
Another thing to note: no items that infringe on Hasbro Intellectual Properties are allowed. No 3rd party Figures in the dealer room.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680414)
Posted by redoutlander on April 29th, 2015 @ 7:06am CDT
I am a club member but, I've never attended Botcon so please excuse my ignorance. I like a few of the Cybertron Most wanted Figures but noticed that the Iacon package cost $409, I assume this does NOT include shipping. Also, The Primus Package is $409 and it includes Cyberton's Most Wanted, entry to the event itself, AND an additional figure!

Wha'why? Is this just standard Club shenanigans, or am I missing something?
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680437)
Posted by Seibertron on April 29th, 2015 @ 8:38am CDT
redoutlander wrote:I am a club member but, I've never attended Botcon so please excuse my ignorance. I like a few of the Cybertron Most wanted Figures but noticed that the Iacon package cost $409, I assume this does NOT include shipping. Also, The Primus Package is $409 and it includes Cyberton's Most Wanted, entry to the event itself, AND an additional figure!

Wha'why? Is this just standard Club shenanigans, or am I missing something?


It's to encourage people to attend the event, which is the primary purpose of these exclusives.

If I ran BotCon, I'd immediately do away with non-attendee packages because I feel it creates an environment where people feel like they don't have to attend the event to get the exclusives. It seems extremely counter-productive to me to have sets available for people who aren't attending an event. Non-attending figures should be available only after the event if there is any stock left over. I would also reveal all of the available exclusives except for the "freebie" figure to help encourage people to attend.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680461)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 29th, 2015 @ 10:28am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
redoutlander wrote:I am a club member but, I've never attended Botcon so please excuse my ignorance. I like a few of the Cybertron Most wanted Figures but noticed that the Iacon package cost $409, I assume this does NOT include shipping. Also, The Primus Package is $409 and it includes Cyberton's Most Wanted, entry to the event itself, AND an additional figure!

Wha'why? Is this just standard Club shenanigans, or am I missing something?


It's to encourage people to attend the event, which is the primary purpose of these exclusives.

If I ran BotCon, I'd immediately do away with non-attendee packages because I feel it creates an environment where people feel like they don't have to attend the event to get the exclusives. It seems extremely counter-productive to me to have sets available for people who aren't attending an event. Non-attending figures should be available only after the event if there is any stock left over. I would also reveal all of the available exclusives except for the "freebie" figure to help encourage people to attend.


Thats all and good for American attendees but those of us overseas who cant afford flights, hotels, then a $400 ticket price to get exclusives, non attending packs are great. I've wanted to go to Botcon for over a decade and hoped to make it this year but that is too much. Ebay sellers will have that set going For over $500.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680479)
Posted by Beardy on April 29th, 2015 @ 11:21am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
redoutlander wrote:I am a club member but, I've never attended Botcon so please excuse my ignorance. I like a few of the Cybertron Most wanted Figures but noticed that the Iacon package cost $409, I assume this does NOT include shipping. Also, The Primus Package is $409 and it includes Cyberton's Most Wanted, entry to the event itself, AND an additional figure!

Wha'why? Is this just standard Club shenanigans, or am I missing something?


It's to encourage people to attend the event, which is the primary purpose of these exclusives.

If I ran BotCon, I'd immediately do away with non-attendee packages because I feel it creates an environment where people feel like they don't have to attend the event to get the exclusives. It seems extremely counter-productive to me to have sets available for people who aren't attending an event. Non-attending figures should be available only after the event if there is any stock left over. I would also reveal all of the available exclusives except for the "freebie" figure to help encourage people to attend.


That's being a bit ignorant of those who want to (and would) attend Botcon, and can't.
Such as people hospitalized, house bound for medical reasons or, as stated above, travel issues.
I think they are well within their rights to allocate a certain amount to non attendees. What I disagree with is the people who physically do go and the hike the exclusives prices within hours of them being available on ebay. That whole scenario has put me off Botcon and it's exclusives unfortunately.
If you did away with non attendee packages, the only people who would really care about the event itself would be those who go as it would then be more of a 'closed' affair.
Unlike the profile it has now internationally. I'm not interested in this years exclusives so far but scrapping them would not be a good thing in my honest opinion
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680480)
Posted by Seibertron on April 29th, 2015 @ 11:23am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Thats all and good for American attendees but those of us overseas who cant afford flights, hotels, then a $400 ticket price to get exclusives, non attending packs are great. I've wanted to go to Botcon for over a decade and hoped to make it this year but that is too much. Ebay sellers will have that set going For over $500.


I don't understand this logic. I don't expect overseas conventions or stores to make it easy for me to obtain foreign convention or retail exclusives. I have to jump through hoops, pay middle-man markups, etc to obtain those items. I don't understand why BotCon exclusives should be any different than exclusives for other conventions or retail exclusives. There are a lot of fans who bend over backwards to attend the event every year (not to mention fans right here in the US). Convention exclusives are a selling point for why someone should attend an event. If you allow those items to be sold to non-attendees, aren't you in a sense eliminating one of the reasons why someone should attend your event. It just doesn't make sense from a business model that is designed to make money.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680484)
Posted by Beardy on April 29th, 2015 @ 11:40am CDT
Funpub has rarely made sense as a business model.
At the end of the day, Botcon arranges the attendee and non attendee packages, and attendee packages.
No other convention I know does this. Not internationally.
IF there is a business model, I'm sure the average net profit is worked out well in advance otherwise it wouldn't be viable.
It's not like people are never going to but these figures. They sell out every year and have mostly increased in price considerably by the next year.
I full believe that non - attendee packs are a way for Botcon to make even more money on top of the garunteed exclusives sell outs at the con itself.
I just find it suprising they haven't milked exclusives sales more.
People seem to love paying $60+ on a reapainted deluxe...
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680493)
Posted by william-james88 on April 29th, 2015 @ 12:19pm CDT
Did anyone notice this passage from the brochure?

[quote]Exhibitor’s product
content must be at least 50% Transformers related. This means robots,
action figures, comics, sci-fi or related products. General toys or dolls
are not allowed. Exhibitors must collect the 8% Illinois sales tax or
current rate in effect at the time of the show. Exhibitors must file and pay
using the forms provided at the show one week after the conclusion of the
event. Please do not bring products that violate Hasbro owned intellectual
property.
[/quote]

It seems like Botcon will be banning IP infringing toys such as what we call 3rd party toys. Is this the first time this happens?
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680505)
Posted by Seibertron on April 29th, 2015 @ 1:02pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Did anyone notice this passage from the brochure?

[quote]Exhibitor’s product
content must be at least 50% Transformers related. This means robots,
action figures, comics, sci-fi or related products. General toys or dolls
are not allowed. Exhibitors must collect the 8% Illinois sales tax or
current rate in effect at the time of the show. Exhibitors must file and pay
using the forms provided at the show one week after the conclusion of the
event. Please do not bring products that violate Hasbro owned intellectual
property.


It seems like Botcon will be banning IP infringing toys such as what we call 3rd party toys. Is this the first time this happens?[/quote]

No it's not the first time. The first time they implemented it was when I decided to pull the plug once and for all on 3rd party support/coverage here on Seibertron.com ... think that was back in 2012 or 2013.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680516)
Posted by philswitch engage on April 29th, 2015 @ 1:56pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:Thats all and good for American attendees but those of us overseas who cant afford flights, hotels, then a $400 ticket price to get exclusives, non attending packs are great. I've wanted to go to Botcon for over a decade and hoped to make it this year but that is too much. Ebay sellers will have that set going For over $500.


I don't understand this logic. I don't expect overseas conventions or stores to make it easy for me to obtain foreign convention or retail exclusives. I have to jump through hoops, pay middle-man markups, etc to obtain those items. I don't understand why BotCon exclusives should be any different than exclusives for other conventions or retail exclusives. There are a lot of fans who bend over backwards to attend the event every year (not to mention fans right here in the US). Convention exclusives are a selling point for why someone should attend an event. If you allow those items to be sold to non-attendees, aren't you in a sense eliminating one of the reasons why someone should attend your event. It just doesn't make sense from a business model that is designed to make money.



My assumption is that it probably has a lot to do with a combination of fan demand and production run costs. I am working with the assumption that it costs less per figure to make when they have a larger run. On top of that funpub had to notice that their sets were selling for a hundred dollars or more on top of the original cost on eBay after the events. If they have a demand for a product and they can get a lower cost per figure to make more, then their net profit goes up and fan customer satisfaction increases.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680519)
Posted by Seibertron on April 29th, 2015 @ 2:14pm CDT
philswitch engage wrote:My assumption is that it probably has a lot to do with a combination of fan demand and production run costs. I am working with the assumption that it costs less per figure to make when they have a larger run. On top of that funpub had to notice that their sets were selling for a hundred dollars or more on top of the original cost on eBay after the events. If they have a demand for a product and they can get a lower cost per figure to make more, then their net profit goes up and fan customer satisfaction increases.


I failed to mention one of my biggest reasons behind my statement above, which is that it seems like BotCon attendance has slowed or become stagnant over the past 7 years (particularly since 2009). I have attributed part of that decline in those exclusives being available outside of the event. While there are many factors involved with what I have observed at past BotCons (and by no means am I making any official numbers about attendance ... I don't have any numbers, just going by what I have seen and heard), it seems like people have become complacent in recent years about obtaining non-attendee packages instead of attending the show. Those that are on the fence every year would probably be more inclined to go if attending the show was their only way to guarantee that could get obtain the exclusives they desired.

While I sympathize with some factors that prevent people from attending, I still don't understand the "entitlement" attitude that I see regarding a convention product being available outside of a convention. I get what philswitch engage is saying, however, and maybe from a business perspective that does make sense. Production costs on a larger run isn't something I had considered.

However, I still think doing whatever it takes to encourage people to attend the event should take precedent. I'm just looking at this from a business perspective with regards to how to grow this event and that I think it's counter-intuitive to offer a way to obtain an event's exclusives outside of the actual event.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680564)
Posted by philswitch engage on April 29th, 2015 @ 4:18pm CDT
I have never been to botcon before so I can't compare it to other years. I will say this though, these figures don't spark any interest for me.

I can understand the appeal of an homage to an unreleased pretender, and the first American release of the breakdown prime mold. The characters and the decos just seem sort of blah to me personally.

I think as has to has been updating more and more of the transformers universe, the pool of figures to create exclusives from is starting to diminish.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680592)
Posted by ScottyP on April 29th, 2015 @ 5:05pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Has anyone been able to actually book a room with Pheasant Run? I've been trying via the phone and through their website since October with no luck. I was not able to call them until after TFcon weekend.

Shoot, wish I had known, would have transferred you our reservation before we canceled it about a month ago. Whatever type of block they booked went quick (within hours).
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680596)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 29th, 2015 @ 5:16pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
philswitch engage wrote:My assumption is that it probably has a lot to do with a combination of fan demand and production run costs. I am working with the assumption that it costs less per figure to make when they have a larger run. On top of that funpub had to notice that their sets were selling for a hundred dollars or more on top of the original cost on eBay after the events. If they have a demand for a product and they can get a lower cost per figure to make more, then their net profit goes up and fan customer satisfaction increases.


I failed to mention one of my biggest reasons behind my statement above, which is that it seems like BotCon attendance has slowed or become stagnant over the past 7 years (particularly since 2009). I have attributed part of that decline in those exclusives being available outside of the event. While there are many factors involved with what I have observed at past BotCons (and by no means am I making any official numbers about attendance ... I don't have any numbers, just going by what I have seen and heard), it seems like people have become complacent in recent years about obtaining non-attendee packages instead of attending the show. Those that are on the fence every year would probably be more inclined to go if attending the show was their only way to guarantee that could get obtain the exclusives they desired.

While I sympathize with some factors that prevent people from attending, I still don't understand the "entitlement" attitude that I see regarding a convention product being available outside of a convention. I get what philswitch engage is saying, however, and maybe from a business perspective that does make sense. Production costs on a larger run isn't something I had considered.

However, I still think doing whatever it takes to encourage people to attend the event should take precedent. I'm just looking at this from a business perspective with regards to how to grow this event and that I think it's counter-intuitive to offer a way to obtain an event's exclusives outside of the actual event.

The reason for the drop off has nothing to do with the always increasing ticket price of course? $400 for two voyger,two deluxe, one pretender shell and four target masters is a bit much.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680601)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 29th, 2015 @ 5:20pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
philswitch engage wrote:My assumption is that it probably has a lot to do with a combination of fan demand and production run costs. I am working with the assumption that it costs less per figure to make when they have a larger run. On top of that funpub had to notice that their sets were selling for a hundred dollars or more on top of the original cost on eBay after the events. If they have a demand for a product and they can get a lower cost per figure to make more, then their net profit goes up and fan customer satisfaction increases.


I failed to mention one of my biggest reasons behind my statement above, which is that it seems like BotCon attendance has slowed or become stagnant over the past 7 years (particularly since 2009). I have attributed part of that decline in those exclusives being available outside of the event. While there are many factors involved with what I have observed at past BotCons (and by no means am I making any official numbers about attendance ... I don't have any numbers, just going by what I have seen and heard), it seems like people have become complacent in recent years about obtaining non-attendee packages instead of attending the show. Those that are on the fence every year would probably be more inclined to go if attending the show was their only way to guarantee that could get obtain the exclusives they desired.

While I sympathize with some factors that prevent people from attending, I still don't understand the "entitlement" attitude that I see regarding a convention product being available outside of a convention. I get what philswitch engage is saying, however, and maybe from a business perspective that does make sense. Production costs on a larger run isn't something I had considered.

However, I still think doing whatever it takes to encourage people to attend the event should take precedent. I'm just looking at this from a business perspective with regards to how to grow this event and that I think it's counter-intuitive to offer a way to obtain an event's exclusives outside of the actual event.

The reason for the drop off has nothing to do with the always increasing ticket price of course? $400 for two voyger,two deluxe, one pretender shell and four target masters is a bit much.

Or it could be travel cost, I mean it's way more expensive for me to go to Illinois for botcon than it is for me to go to SDCC just due to my location alone.
Re: Brochure now available for BotCon 2015 (1680620)
Posted by ScottyP on April 29th, 2015 @ 6:00pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Or it could be travel cost, I mean it's way more expensive for me to go to Illinois for botcon than it is for me to go to SDCC just due to my location alone.

Time off/PTO bank limitations was the nail in the coffin for me this year. Starting a new job in a couple weeks, so I won't have but maybe one day of PTO available by the time the con rolls around. To do the whole experience, you really need 3 or 4 days minimum (5 or 6 if you regularly work weekends!) to be able to block it off. I wouldn't mind seeing it condensed down to not be so spread out. Yeah, the core of the convention is Friday night - Sunday afternoon, but trying to do it like that is a whirlwind that involves lots of lines.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Optimus Primal Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 55%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
You save: 25%
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
You save: 25%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
You save: 25%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
You save: 21%
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
You save: 20%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #190 - Spacebridge Sunset Boulevard
Twincast / Podcast #190:
"Spacebridge Sunset Boulevard"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon