BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet?

BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet?

Monday, August 27th, 2007 6:25pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 23,456

I am quite sure that Seibertron will treat us to a fabulous and very cool gallery featuring all three of the Ford GT molds, once this is released.

However, for the skeptics among you who have not ordered this yet, check out these new pictures of BT-18 'Clear Mirage'. Much like the Botcon exclusive that was a CLASSICs Mirage made out of mostly transparent blue plastic, simulating his ability to turn invisible, this version attempts the same thing, but perhaps achieves the 'invisibility' a bit better...or not, by using a transparent clear plastic in many parts--and solid in others--.

Check out the new pictures here.

Make your judgement. Worthy of your collection? Better to just look at in Seibertron's spectacular galleries. The choice as always is yours. Choose wisely where exclusives are involved.

Credit(s): TFW 2005

Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309571)
Posted by Phenotype on August 27th, 2007 @ 6:33pm CDT
Linky no worky for me.
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309579)
Posted by i_amtrunks on August 27th, 2007 @ 6:36pm CDT
He is slowly winning me over.
I'd still prefer the normal solid colour version of him, but there is nothing wrong with the clear version.
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309584)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 27th, 2007 @ 6:38pm CDT
Better than I thought it would be, not good enough to get my money though...
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309629)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on August 27th, 2007 @ 6:52pm CDT
I'm a sucker. I preordered mine when it was first announced.
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309632)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 27th, 2007 @ 6:53pm CDT
Link works fine for me.

Yes, I ordered one...almost two, but finances are saying no, no, there is no reason for you to have two...when you are money crunching as you are.
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309635)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on August 27th, 2007 @ 6:54pm CDT
I'm also sure Seibertron.com will treat all 3 of this figures mold to a gallery.

I'm also convinced that all 3 of these versions are great.

I also know though, that I'm a prick, and with a nudge like that I'm much less likely to order this now. It is to pricey for me on a mold I already have, and I would rather shell out for the much more impressive Clear Classics Mirage!

If I was to get this mold again, I'd either get the regular Mirage for parts(another broken Alt side mirror) or Rodimus. The clear figure is nice, but for the cost, it's not nice enough.
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309646)
Posted by Anonymous on August 27th, 2007 @ 6:56pm CDT
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309661)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 27th, 2007 @ 7:01pm CDT
megatroptimus wrote:An easy pass for me. Good concept, average execution (all parts should have been clear, including the tires).

I agree, but at least it's not a blank box and they just tell you he's in there, but he's 'INVISIBLE'.

That sounds like a Counterpunch prank. 8)
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309671)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 27th, 2007 @ 7:05pm CDT
He's cool but i have no money for it. Reminds me of the toys from an 80s cartoon called Shadow Strikers(i think thats the name.)
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309711)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on August 27th, 2007 @ 7:19pm CDT
I don't buy Binaltech, but it is pretty sweet.
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309722)
Posted by alphatrion2 on August 27th, 2007 @ 7:23pm CDT
I don't know where it buy it from? BBTS is sold out. e-Hobby never responded to my order, I don't know what to do.
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309723)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 27th, 2007 @ 7:23pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:

That sounds like a Counterpunch prank. 8)

That trick only works on MISB collectors.

:D
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309731)
Posted by CyberTooth on August 27th, 2007 @ 7:25pm CDT

Glad mine's safely preordered.
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309744)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 27th, 2007 @ 7:31pm CDT
CyberTooth wrote:That would be an awesome promotional gimmick though, the "No Show" Mirage. You just buy the sealed boxed. Of course, I wouldn't pay more than a dollar for it, but it'd be a different kinda gimmick.

Glad mine's safely preordered.

Seems like there was a toy that they did that once. I can't remember what it was though, but basically they sold an empty box, that had an 'invisible' version of a figure in it.

Think I read it in one of those monthly toy mags once. :-?
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309748)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 27th, 2007 @ 7:32pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:

That sounds like a Counterpunch prank. 8)

That trick only works on MISB collectors.

:D

God I hope those are not window boxes... :grin:
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309757)
Posted by CyberTooth on August 27th, 2007 @ 7:36pm CDT
The Star Wars promo box? Not the one that came out in the 70's but when the original Trilogy was released in the DVD box set. I know they once again sold empty boxes for that... but I was under the impression that it too was where you'd get new figures as they were released.
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309837)
Posted by Barracuda on August 27th, 2007 @ 8:12pm CDT
unfortunatley i can't read chinese so the link doesn't work for me either
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309839)
Posted by Darth Screamer on August 27th, 2007 @ 8:13pm CDT
Having the colored one is good enough for me.

Not a fan of clearformers.
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309881)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 27th, 2007 @ 8:34pm CDT
Barracuda wrote:unfortunatley i can't read chinese so the link doesn't work for me either

If you scroll down there should be pictures.
Re: BT-18 Clear Mirage... A Few More Pics--Are You Convinced Yet? (309948)
Posted by Fortress_Maximus on August 27th, 2007 @ 9:08pm CDT

I agree, oh well I can do without I prefer my regular Alts and G1 Fortress Maximus anyways. :)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers age of extinction snarl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Quintesson Judge + x2 Allicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Lot. Shockwave Plus More. Pre Owned." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION DINOBOT SLUG" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION DELUXE CLASS CROSSHAIRS & HOT SHOT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC  Quintesson Pit of Judgement PREORDER Mar/Apr arr ???? ship4inbox" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series #2 Decepticon Stinger from Age of Extinction*Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Dinobot Slug figure with 1 sword and manual" on EBAY