BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS!

BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS!

Thursday, April 21st, 2011 2:57pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 30,003

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore.com have published their pre-order page for the BTS-04 Sonicron figure. Sonicron is BTS's first full transforming figure and is based on Guido Guidi's unused Soundwave design for All Hail Megatron. BBTS has also posted new images of the prototype, which reveals a few changes made to the figure, mainly a better head.
You can see the pre-order and images by clicking here.

Credit(s): DavidT, bbts

This article was last modified on Thursday, April 21st, 2011 2:59pm CDT

Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212004)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:59pm CDT
It looks much better!
I wish Guido Guidi would come to AA, I want his signature and a Print of this design.

Also, I wonder if they asked for his permission, but I guess he dosen't have the rights to it anyway since it was commissioned work for Hasbro.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212012)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 21st, 2011 @ 3:18pm CDT
Not really impressed with this figure but for 60 bucks I may just pick him up to support these guys.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212017)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 21st, 2011 @ 3:23pm CDT
Still looks pretty clunky to me. They really ought to get a better prototype done up before they start promoting and putting up preorders. Regardless, I don't need another Soundwave.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212021)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 21st, 2011 @ 3:30pm CDT
Looks terrible.

No way that will be quality product on release.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212036)
Posted by DavidT on April 21st, 2011 @ 3:44pm CDT
I don't think its horrible... final colors will be the deciding factor for me!
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212039)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on April 21st, 2011 @ 3:47pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Looks terrible.

No way that will be quality product on release.

QFT.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212044)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 21st, 2011 @ 3:49pm CDT
I can see hundreds of waist joints breaking already.. I'm feeling an IT Arcee all over again.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212046)
Posted by robofreak on April 21st, 2011 @ 3:52pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Looks terrible.

No way that will be quality product on release.

QFT.

So how on earth are we going to will this thing out of existence?

It's a cool conceot, but I think it needs more time on the drawing board to come up with something good for it.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212061)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 21st, 2011 @ 4:05pm CDT
Ugh, that thing is ugly! :SICK:
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212063)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 21st, 2011 @ 4:10pm CDT
I think I'll be getting this guy.

And yeah, I think we'll have to wait and see the finished product... and read reviews... before we REALLY know how the quality is. I don't think the test shots in the photos are necessarily indicative of the quality. I saw some different dark grey pressings online that looked more crisp and detailed than this white milky version. I'm guessing the finished product will look a little better... not to mention the blue will help a lot.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212065)
Posted by mbd88prime on April 21st, 2011 @ 4:19pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:I think I'll be getting this guy.

I agree about the colors. Nothing looks good in these colors. Sight is the most easily fooled sense. In this case the sight of the crappy colors may make the rest appear to be crappy. Or not.... Guess we'll see in due time.

Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212077)
Posted by Mkall on April 21st, 2011 @ 4:56pm CDT
I have one on preorder in the hopes that the final product will be much more awesome.

I will cancel it if it's not.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212121)
Posted by Mykltron on April 21st, 2011 @ 6:42pm CDT
It still looks like he has no knees and his elbows are just under his shoulders. It looks very flimsy as well.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212137)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 21st, 2011 @ 7:06pm CDT
Something fantastic will have to happen between now and then for me to decide I want it.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212182)
Posted by Covenant on April 21st, 2011 @ 8:22pm CDT
I like it.

But no paint, no preorder.

Decent paint-app gets my money.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212205)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 21st, 2011 @ 8:53pm CDT
mbd88prime wrote: As of right now I'm feeling music label soundwave. Wasn't there also another "classic" style 3rd party take on soundwave in an article a while ago? I cant find it but it was a silhouette that looked promising.

Perfect Effect: http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=19857
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212275)
Posted by Kibble on April 21st, 2011 @ 11:36pm CDT
I have a feeling this thing has clearance wrtten all over it. I'm leaning toward passing altogether, but maybe I'll reconsider if it reaches half price.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212408)
Posted by El Duque on April 22nd, 2011 @ 8:04am CDT
BTS Toys has updated their website with more prototype images of their upcoming BTS-04 Sonicron. This version of Soundwave is based on unused concept art by Guido Guidi. Images mirrored below.

Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212425)
Posted by ubertenorman on April 22nd, 2011 @ 8:41am CDT
Hmmm. Suffers a bit from MP Megatron leg syndrome. Also I'd prefer the screw holes on the right arm to be on the back of the arm in robot mode. Otherwise, looks pretty good.
Re: BTS-04 Sonicron Pre-Orders open at BBTS! (1212429)
Posted by Kibble on April 22nd, 2011 @ 8:48am CDT
Does look better in the second set of pics, but ML Soundwave is still the better figure so there's no real place for this one in my collection. Still only a clearance consideration.

Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Gigawatt Pre Sale!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Series Bumblebee & Starscream Hero Mashers Hasbro Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Steeljaw See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Grimlock See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Autobot Intel Ops: Blaster, Perceptor & Cassettes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SNARL  dinobot Deluxe With Manual" on EBAY