Bumblebee #3 and Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 delayed in Northeast States

Bumblebee #3 and Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 delayed in Northeast States

Thursday, February 18th, 2010 5:33pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 17,260

We regret to inform everyone of an unfortunate incident that has occurred yesterday. As documented in Chris Ryall's twitter, the drivers involved with the transportation of IDW's comics to the Northeastern United States got into a serious accident. Due to this, Bumblebee #3 and Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 will arrive in the Northeast US on March 1st. For more information, you can find it below.

To comics shops in the northeast, the reason why IDW books aren't in your hands today is a horrific accident involving the truck w/our books

The books were all destroyed, the drivers severely injured. The TPBs will be in stores on 2/24, this week's comics on 3/1...

...this is to clear up the various fallacies I've seen online that we have no books out this week. It's actually a very big week for us.

The damaged comics are regrettable but my thoughts are with the truck drivers. Very grim situation.

The staff of Seibertron.com wish the drivers a speedy recovery, and hope everyone gets their comics in due time.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall

Re: Bumblebee #3 and Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 delayed in Northeast States (1048588)
Posted by Mkall on February 18th, 2010 @ 5:45pm CST
This has also affected GOlden Age Comics in Vancouver, most likely others too
Re: Bumblebee #3 and Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 delayed in Northeast States (1048592)
Posted by mechabooks on February 18th, 2010 @ 5:47pm CST
Bummer. I had heard about a Diamond truck accident and that it would affect the N.E. shops. The only thing missing from my comic list was the Transformer titles. I hope the drivers pull through.
Re: Bumblebee #3 and Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 delayed in Northeast States (1048625)
Posted by Prowl Pants on February 18th, 2010 @ 7:07pm CST
That's terrible. My thoughts are with those drivers.
Re: Bumblebee #3 and Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 delayed in Northeast States (1048678)
Posted by Hairball178 on February 18th, 2010 @ 9:56pm CST
It must've affected more than the northeast, because I'm here in central Illinois & my comic shop didn't get either one. I was miffed that the books were out & I didn't have them (and I didn't hear about why at the time), but people's lives take precedence over something like a couple of comics.
Re: Bumblebee #3 and Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 delayed in Northeast States (1048705)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on February 18th, 2010 @ 11:50pm CST
Mkall wrote:This has also affected GOlden Age Comics in Vancouver, most likely others too

The TF books (and, I'm guessing, the entire IDW crop) were never on this week's list to begin with. At least now we know why.
Re: Bumblebee #3 and Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 delayed in Northeast States (1048960)
Posted by 3.8TransAM on February 19th, 2010 @ 7:36pm CST
Same deal for me at Tenth Planet in Schererville, IN.

No new IDW that I saw and I knew it was supposed to be out
Re: Bumblebee #3 and Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 delayed in Northeast States (1048965)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 19th, 2010 @ 8:26pm CST
I hope the drivers will be alright. What a horrible way to start the new year. :(

I give Ryall credit though, he at least didn't leave the people hangin'. He came out and let everyone know what was going on.

Other companies would've said nothing.
Re: Bumblebee #3 and Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 delayed in Northeast States (1049331)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 21st, 2010 @ 12:19am CST

I was puzzled by the shops in SE Michigan not having new TF stuff, so I'm glad I didn't start bugging their owners about it before putting any minor annoyance into perspective here.
Re: Bumblebee #3 and Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 delayed in Northeast States (1049332)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 21st, 2010 @ 12:21am CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:ALL the comics were destroyed? Not that I care about the books, but jeez, to actually waste the entire shipment must've taken one hell of a wreck, likely involving all the fuel igniting. Did multiple trucks pile up? I imagine the drivers are lucky to be alive. Here's wishing them a full recovery.

I'm assuming the accident was caused by the weather. This season has caused several pile ups so far. If that's the case, then yes, it's safe to assume fuel was ignited which in turn caused the destruction.

However, until we hear the full story (and I can't blame them for not wanting to tell it) we have no real answer as to what happened.

I'm just glad they survived. I hope that continues to be the case.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY