Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail

Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail

Wednesday, August 5th, 2015 12:30pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 24,748

Great news for US Kre-O fans out there, the Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O set has been found at US Retail.

Transformers News: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail

Transformers News: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail

Hold the phone, isn't this line not planned for a US release at all? Well, it certainly seems that way for traditional "Big Box" retail, but while out at the comic shop today I also stopped next door into a TJ Maxx store in Raleigh, NC and picked up this set for a measly $9.99 plus tax! This is not only discounted from MSRP, but also much better than recent secondary market prices for this set.

This set had first been seen in Canada several months ago, and has possibly been at discount retail in the US for a few weeks as well. Will this be a harbinger of future sightings of more Robots In Disguise Kre-O product, or could this just be a one-off order that's made its way to discount chains? Time will tell, but if you see other RiD Kre-O sets at US retail, be sure to let our News Crew know here, and if you see this particular set locally be sure to let your fellow collectors know in your local Sightings Thread.

Credit(s): ScottyP

Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1715960)
Posted by o.supreme on August 5th, 2015 @ 12:40pm CDT
Thank you. I know where I am headed after work. Thanks :)
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1715992)
Posted by reluctantyouth on August 5th, 2015 @ 2:27pm CDT
I have seen this set in the Peoria, Illinois area as well. I'm not into Kre-o anymore but noticed it was new. I think it was TJ Maxx but it could also been 1 of 2 ROSS stores in the area. This was two weeks ago when I found Age of Extinction Junkheap in a crushed package. I was happy to find one.

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1716005)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 5th, 2015 @ 3:30pm CDT
I've tried looking at my TJ Maxx with no luck. Granted it's toy section's an utter mess, so they may very well have it, just buried under a bunch of other junk.

I'm more interested in... well, just about any other RiD set. The humanoid Kreons don't do the bestial Decepticons any favors, and Clampdown in particular doesn't really look like himself. Plus this one has Bumblebee, blech.
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1716027)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 5th, 2015 @ 4:52pm CDT
Got my SDCC kreons in the mail today, EEEEEE!!!
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1716139)
Posted by o.supreme on August 6th, 2015 @ 9:14am CDT
Got my SDCC set yesterday as well.

And.... went to 2 TJ Maxx locations in my area. The first one DID in fact have one RiD Bumblebee Disc Demolishor set which I quickly snatched up ($9.99 as indicated above). They also had one AoE Dinobot Charge set for $7.99, not that great a deal, but odd considering my TRU's still have several of these.

The other TJ Maxx only had two of the AoE Dinobot Charge sets. So I can confirm one sighting/purchase for California/Sacramento. They are out there. Good Hunting everyone else.

I am curious to see if someone finds a RiD set other than the BB one.
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1716287)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on August 7th, 2015 @ 12:59am CDT
I often ponder if I should ever open my SDCC set. My set from last year still hasn't been opened either
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1716833)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on August 9th, 2015 @ 12:02pm CDT
Editor wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:I think they need to release a Kre-o version of Burn or Va-al.

Seibertron and the TCC proudly present the Botcon 2016 Kreon gift set "Seibertron Mod All=Stars" :roll:

hey! that could work ;)^
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1716835)
Posted by Va'al on August 9th, 2015 @ 12:08pm CDT
Editor wrote:

I chuckled my way off the chair just now.
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1716950)
Posted by Editor on August 9th, 2015 @ 9:32pm CDT
Va'al.

And I say this with sincerity...

You are welcome.
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1717664)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on August 12th, 2015 @ 5:45pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Editor wrote:

I chuckled my way off the chair just now.

I'd be more inclined to buy that if Fun Pub charged a reasonable price for it
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1718098)
Posted by o.supreme on August 14th, 2015 @ 9:57am CDT
Greetings All,

I apologize is this was brought up in earlier pages of this thread however... Concerning the SDCC exclusive Yearbook sets for the past 2 years. Last years "Class of 84" was a nice surprise. However I think this years "Class of 85" was an even bigger surprise considering the Kre-O line for 2015 basically, with a few anomalies aside, is not available in the United States.

Now I think most fans will agree, the original Toy line was at its strongest though 1986 (basically the 3rd year of toys)- 1986 was the year the animated movie came out, and the TV series had a 3rd season that followed suit, however many fans dropped off after this. I myself collected toys through 1987 (mostly because of Fort Max), but after that I was done, additionally with the TV series coming to an end in North America, support for the toys dwindled, even though they limped on until 1990.

Now, all that being said. I am *somewhat* anticipating a "Class of 86" set for next year, although I wont be too disappointed if it doesn't happen. Still... If it does, who do you think will be in it? Here are my predictions (sayings are probably totally off but whatever, I was never on the schools yearbook committee for a reason) ;)

Blurr Fastest Athlete
Tailgate Loves to tell stories
Trypticon Least Mobile
Unicron Most Chaotic
Ultra-Magnus Most Inspired
Wheelie Best Poet
Wreck-Gar Down in the Dumps
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1719220)
Posted by MemphisR56 on August 19th, 2015 @ 5:32am CDT

Trypticon Least Mobile
Unicron Most Chaotic
Ultra-Magnus Most Inspired
Wheelie Best Poet
Wreck-Gar Down in the Dumps

I love these,

Heres my crack at a few:

Blurr Captain of the track team
Broadsides Lost the most weight
Cyclonus Coolest Facial Hair
Eject Football Team Mascot
Galvatron Most likely to need anger management
Hot Rod/Rodimus Most enthusiastic
Motormaster Most Disliked
Octane Most likely to be imprisoned for theft
Rewind Head of the film club
Razorclaw Animal Lover
Sandstorm Foreign exchange student
Scourge Has "one of those faces"...
Sharkticon Most easily led
Skylynx Most eloquent speaker
Springer Football Team Quarterback
Swerve Most disruptive in class
Tailgate Best imagination
Unicron Biggest eater
Ultra-Magnus Hall Monitor
Wreck-Gar Biggest Netflix Addict
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1726216)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 14th, 2015 @ 6:17pm CDT
This includes Frenzy, Rumble, Laserbeak, and Ravage. All for $8, not bad.

TJ Maxx also had:
Battle Changer HOUND -- also $8, even though it's just one figure
AOE Drift, Slag, and Vehicon -- $8
RID Bumblebee VS Crab Cons -- $10
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1726282)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 14th, 2015 @ 11:27pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Thanks to a tip from almightymaximus (at TFW2005), I found the Rathcet VS Soundwave set at TJ Maxx!
This includes Frenzy, Rumble, Laserbeak, and Ravage. All for $8, not bad.

TJ Maxx also had:
Battle Changer HOUND -- also $8, even though it's just one figure
AOE Drift, Slag, and Vehicon -- $8
RID Bumblebee VS Crab Cons -- $10

Heard about those sets showing up there. Nice score
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1726300)
Posted by MemphisR56 on September 15th, 2015 @ 12:52am CDT
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1726346)
Posted by o.supreme on September 15th, 2015 @ 9:10am CDT
I checked TJ Maxx again last Sunday. My local store had 4 of the RiD BB Disc Demolisher sets.

I have seen online however a few of the Underbite sets show up cheap from sellers in NY. has anyone seen these in a US retail yet??
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1726369)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 15th, 2015 @ 11:18am CDT
MemphisR56 wrote:I've been really curious about those sets. do they contain the parts to just build a kreon? I was considering getting the ratchet/soundwave set and a grimlock set to fill holes.

Haven't opened mine yet, but from what I gather there are no extra parts to make a regular Kreon, and the torso and legs have been redone in such a way that makes them incompatible with regular Kreons.
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1726486)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 15th, 2015 @ 10:34pm CDT
Things have been a little dry for Kre-O fans in the U.S. during 2015. Now they are starting to look up as we've been getting reports of RID Kre-O and Kreon Battle Changer sets hitting Marshalls and TJ Maxx in the U.S.

Podcaster ScottyP sent us images of the Transformers RID Optimus Prime Beast Blaster set for $14.99 and in the background you can see the Bumblebee Disc Demolisher set. He found these at Marshalls in Raleigh, NC.

Seibertronian Noideaforaname posted an image of the Kreon Battle Changer Ratchet Vs Soundwave set he purchased at TJ Maxx. More Battle Changer sets reported to be found at TJ Maxx include Optimus Prime Vs Megatron, Hound and Shockwave. These were all found at $7.99.

Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1726489)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 15th, 2015 @ 10:47pm CDT
Re: Bumblebee Disc Demolisher Kre-O Set Found at US Retail (1726550)
Posted by ScottyP on September 16th, 2015 @ 8:11am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:You must have an infinite amount of patience to transform those Battle Changers or at least some glue. They are frustrating to say the least.
Really? I don't think they're always intuitive by any means but I haven't had any trouble.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY