Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed

Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed

Tuesday, September 25th, 2007 2:54pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 23,452

Some fans have been receiving emails regarding the release date of the "Evolution of a Hero" 2-pack, the set contains both the 1974 and 2008 (with exclusive battle-damage) Camaro Bumblebee and is exclusive to Target stores.

The original release date was scheduled for September, but now it seems the figures will not ship out until November 25th.

Keep watching Seibertron.com for more updates regarding this and other figures from the Transformers Movie toyline.

Credit(s): Target

Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362542)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 25th, 2007 @ 3:05pm CDT
Black Friday release.

Betcha it is the 23rd when we'll see it on the shelves.
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362543)
Posted by DSanza on September 25th, 2007 @ 3:05pm CDT
Great. Meanwhile, the shelves of every Target, Wal-Mart, and TRU in my area are STILL practically bare. If not for the recent Target exclusives I would have had nothing new in more than a month.
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362557)
Posted by muswp1 on September 25th, 2007 @ 3:19pm CDT
I'm not suprised. Most of the other movie toys have been delayed so this isn't shocking.
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362578)
Posted by waaaaghlord on September 25th, 2007 @ 3:30pm CDT
Already sighted at Tesco in the UK. UK rules!
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362582)
Posted by DSanza on September 25th, 2007 @ 3:31pm CDT
They must contain lead based paint from China. Don't put your Transformers in your mouth.
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362602)
Posted by Bhaalistik on September 25th, 2007 @ 3:47pm CDT
Yep, confirmed here...just got my email today with the delayed date of late November, with Delivery first few days of DECEMBER (at least that's what mine said).

:sad:
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362679)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 25th, 2007 @ 4:36pm CDT
Darn.

Even though now I have an abundance of 08 BBs, thank You Tommy Tek, Brother John, and local retail catching up. I'm actualy more intrested in getting my hands on more of the Classic BB

This was my first car, and I'm realy looking to do some kitbashing to pay an homage to both Lil' Delton, and the designs and long lost model of what I'd have done with him if I had money.

I see the leg automorph, as a perfect tool to generate a working hard top convertible!

As for the set itself, I say throw in one of the G1 BB keychains, then we have "THE EVOLUTION OF A HERO" stil getting one to keep sealed anyway though...
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362694)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 25th, 2007 @ 4:45pm CDT
Absolutely ridiculous. There's no reason given for it either.

I'm so sick and tired of this crap. It's time someone steps up and either gives us the raw deal, or does something about this.
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362806)
Posted by lanzajr26 on September 25th, 2007 @ 5:28pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Black Friday release.

Betcha it is the 23rd when we'll see it on the shelves.

I've been saying this for a while too, I'd expect a whole lot of TF merchandise to miraculously hit the shelves just before Black Friday.
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362832)
Posted by 0ctane on September 25th, 2007 @ 5:35pm CDT
Yea i've also seen it in tesco and i passed on it. battle damaged concept BB looks crap IMHO.

i'm happy with my prime/08 BB 2 pack.
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362847)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 25th, 2007 @ 5:40pm CDT
In other words..."Just in time for Christmas".
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362940)
Posted by Zeds on September 25th, 2007 @ 6:30pm CDT
Hope Hasbro reps realize how much money they are missing out on in sales by their production issues. If I was Hasbro I would start moving some of the production out of China and start considering having environmental footprint stamps on their products so that China cleans up its act. That would be a great sales promotion.
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362947)
Posted by DorkimusPrime on September 25th, 2007 @ 6:35pm CDT
Zeds wrote:That would be a great sales promotion.

To mindless tree-hugging zombies that wouldn't otherwise buy them, which IMO would just drive the prices up and make them even more scarce. I personally could give two shits; I doubt any collector would. The reason to get production out of China is so the damn things can be brought into the US lead-free. Don't eat your Transformers and don't eat your babies. :)
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (362989)
Posted by Zeds on September 25th, 2007 @ 6:55pm CDT
DorkimusPrime wrote:I personally could give two shits; I doubt any collector would. The reason to get production out of China is so the damn things can be brought into the US lead-free.

I humbly disagree. Putting a couple of bucks on the cost of an item ahead of the pollution caused by the cheaper price is very short sighted. The majority of the recent problems from China was related to design flaws by Mattel with those stupid little magnets on their various toy lines. The CEO said as much recently. Some of the other issues was lead paint. The whole cat and dog food issue was a different matter altogether.

Back to initial point though most of the pollution from the production plants serviced with electricity from coal fired power plants in China crosses the Pacific and rains all over North America and makes us all sick. This is a global problem with global implications. Time to realize how the products that we buy in China is killing the planet. Better sooner than later for the benefit of future generations. This issue is well documented if you watch Nova, National Geographic and Discovery channel. Check it out yourself:

http://www.everybodysweather.com/Static ... /index.htm
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (363027)
Posted by DorkimusPrime on September 25th, 2007 @ 7:18pm CDT

edit: French is not my first language. Took me three tries to spell that right.
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (363034)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 25th, 2007 @ 7:20pm CDT
Zeds wrote:Hope Hasbro reps realize how much money they are missing out on in sales by their production issues.

Environment aside...

In terms of production issues (not meeting demand, empty pegs and all that), you're right.

Hasbro is missing out on sales. I know for sure I haven't bought much in the way of TFs lately.

Nor will I be. (Only a handful of new figures, beyond that, nothing they have coming up (aside from Classics/Universe 2.0) that interests me...)

It's a shame, I remember years when they commanded my full wallet and got it. Every nickel and dime. (Well, not really. I'm exaggerating there, but it gives you the idea.) Now...not so much.

I realize the movie has been their one hope to keep from dying, but they just put so much into it they've let everything else go and now...they don't even have product for the movie line to go with the demand. =\

And yes, they did stop focusing on Classics, Titaniums (which I didn't care about, but many others did!) Alternators (which were expensive, but I'd have taken no name cars with the same type of transformation/detail and been happy as well) and they did it all for the movie line.

But, this is a positive for me. Less money to them for the time being, more money to go into my new PC that I'll be building here in a few weeks. (Powerful. :D)

So yeah...Hasbro is definitely losing out in the sales department.
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (363038)
Posted by Zeds on September 25th, 2007 @ 7:22pm CDT
DorkimusPrime wrote:I disagree with the underlying notion that man is capable of destroying what has shown such great resiliency - mother nature. But c'est la vie; it's irrelevant what we think because Hasbro does what Hasbro does.

edit: French is not my first language. Took me three tries to spell that right.

LOL! You got the spelling right ;-)! It is a touchy issue where many opinions exist on both sides. I just feel that a precautionary stance is better than a reactionary one. Once we cross the threshold there will be no way back. I would hate to have been right and leave this legacy for future generations.
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (363039)
Posted by DorkimusPrime on September 25th, 2007 @ 7:22pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:So yeah...Hasbro is definitely losing out in the sales department.

This is true no matter what. Not on par with Nintendo losing out on sales on the Wii, but a definite missed opportunity.
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (363058)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 25th, 2007 @ 7:31pm CDT
quote="Zeds"] Don't eat your Transformers and don't eat your babies. :)[/quote]

So what do you suggest then, go to Shop-Rite and actualy buy food!?!

Don't you know they have old people there?

:P
Re: Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed (363096)
Posted by DorkimusPrime on September 25th, 2007 @ 7:52pm CDT
Dude, Papa John's delivers. :-P

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Soundwave Transformers Generations R.E.D Series Figure – Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Reaction Figures Super7 Transformers Chrome Commander Megatron Action Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Trypticon Gen 1 1986 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure nice condition" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITANS RETURN WALGREENS WINGSPAN & CLOUDRAKER NIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES DELUXE CLASS NOVASTAR NIP" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES DELUXE CLASS TERRORCON CUTTHROAT" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES DELUXE CLASS TERRORCON BLOT NIP" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES DELUXE CLASS SINNERTWIN NIP" on EBAY